“Good option”

Ranked #60 of 317 Restaurants in Guilin
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Our guide took our group here for an early dinner after a late flight meant we missed lunch. The food was plentiful and very fresh. There was a good mix of dishes and a couple of Western dishes were thrown in for good measure. They also arranged a reasonable packed lunch for us for the following day. Central location

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Needed non-Chinese food, we climbed the outside staircase to Left Bank Cafe. It's located on a pedestrian only street so if the weather is good sit on the balcony to watch the world go by while dining. Dishes ordered were spaghetti, garlic bread, and pizza. The food was fine, nothing special. The service was attentive - something not found routinely in China. I have no idea what type of red wine I had but it was excellent. It was a very relaxing meal. We enjoyed watching all the activity on the street below. If ever in Guilin again, I would stop by.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Our family (two adults, two children aged six and eight) ate here at the recommendation of the Sheraton. While the building interior is large and beautiful with great potential, and the servers were gracious, the food (sweet and sour pork, fried rice, pork dumplings and beef and onion skillet) was mostly lacklustre. The standouts were the beef and onion skillet, as well as a nice bottle of French Bordeaux, which was very reasonably priced. The restaurant was obviously used to serving large tour groups, and maybe the guides know what the best things on the menu are. I was also disappointed at the dirty tablecloth and chair covers. Left Bank Café is located on the pedestrian only area, which was also less than appealing to us.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

I write this review about 4 weeks after I ate at this restaurant. I was one of a party of 16. Our tour leader oredered a mixed banquet for us. The food was absolutely delicious. It was the outstanding that I had in China in a tour that covered 5 cities and 14 evening meals. The food was of a very high standard but the vegetable and fish dishes were the highlight.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

This restaurant is located about the street and you can sit on the verandah to eat. You can watch the comings and goings on the street while you wait.

Our guide ,Cherry, took us to this place and assisted in selecting some of the local food.

Food was tasty and well presented