“Very nice hotel close to city wall”

Xian Titan Times Hotel
Ranked #17 of 2,692 Hotels in Xi'an
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This hotel's location was excellent. We had a pleasant stay except for the fact that it was off season (March) and the central a/c had not been turned on yet. It was rather warm so we could have used the air! The room was spacious with a separate living area and we had a view of the ancient city wall. Breakfast was fantastic and service was great too!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank atraveler246

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed here as part of an organised tour and we're very surprised by the quality and service. It seems we were upgraded to a suite which was large, clean and very comfortable.

The hotel provided excellent complimentary wifi, breakfast options catered for all tastes and the staff were friendly, courteous and helpful.

It is also located close to the city wall (magnificent) and a park to relax in, join in with the locals in some exercise, or just people watch!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dallas N
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed here as part of tour group, ans was fortunate enough to be placed in an executive suite. It was large and wonderful and certainly caused me to overcome any misgivings I may have had about not being placed in the advertised hotel. The hotel was clean and fresh, and service was excellent. The breakfast was extensive and varied, with staff being very attentive. The omelete station was a treat.

Across the road is a wonderful park for meandering and observing local enjoying the outdoors. If lucky, you may get invited to join table tennis, badminton , dancing or even whip cracking. Access to the wall is good, although it is a fair distance form the belltower and surrounding attractions. Best take an inexpensive taxi if planning to visit that area at night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BARGK
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband & I stayed at this hotel on a 10 day tour of China in March 2014. The room, or should I say suite, was very impressive. We had a beautiful view of the city of X'ian. The room had 2 x toilets, a large bathroom with a separate shower and full size bath, a large roomy bedroom with king size bed, a food servery, a lounge room etc. The room was clean and comfortable and the air con worked well.
A full breakfast was included and it had a good range of foods both western & Asian.
We were very happy with the location and standard of this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie J
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Booked as part of Gate 1 tour. We were given a suite with a living room and desk. Hotel is adjacent to the west gate and about a 45min walk to the Bell tower.

Beware of items "missing" at check out. Even ridiculous things as a do not disturb sign.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nytoparis
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Not really knowing where to say in Xi'an, I chose this hotel due to its price and proximity to the wall. (The west gate is only a 10-15 minute walk away. Walk towards the wall and once through the arch turn right & walk straight.) There are many bus stops nearby (Take bus #103 from the train station and get off in 8 stops. It's only 8 rmb) and many pedicabs at night which is great, because taxis suck in Xi'an. A pedicab from Titan times to the muslim quarter/drum tower is around 20-25 rmb. The hotel was super clean and they upgraded me to a suite since they weren't able to accommodate my request for a city-wall facing room. The bathroom was large and clean and the AC worked like a dream. The streets can be a bit noisy in the AM, but higher floors will eliminate the issue. We didn't try the breakfast because right across the street is a lot of delicious restaurants for much less than 80 rmb. The tv worked fine and had a few English channels. They also had free wifi which worked quite well on both my ipad and laptop. Even though I lost the deposit slip, they returned my deposit and they can mail postcards to America for only 5 rmb. My only negative about the hotel is that a building was being built right outside our window which meant there were people who could look directly into our windows. I didn't experience any issues with mini bar or damage charges, however we were able to speak Chinese with the front desk so that may have helped. All in all, for the price, location and cleanliness, I would give this hotel a 4 out of 5.

Room Tip: I would request a room higher up to avoid street noise. If you request a certain view that they cann...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank romarathon
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed May 11-13 as part of Gate1 tour. I stayed at one of the Executive rooms in the 22nd floor. The room is very spacious and clean with a living room , bedroom and 1.5 bathroom. The bed is stiff for me but I think this is standard in China. You get a good view of city with its city walls (very nice @ night). Breakfast selection is abundant and filling; just make sure you bring the right date of breakfast voucher. They have a nice fitness centre but I wish it can be a 24 hr facility. Location-wise, they are closer to the metro (20 mins to the Drum/Bell Towers) and downtown centre.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo