“Convenient to High Tech Zone”

Holiday Inn Xi'an Greenland Century City
Ranked #48 of 2,617 Hotels in Xi'an
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This is a very typical Holiday Inn with all the amenities. My company is nearby the hotel, so it is convenient. Breakfast is varied and plentiful. A little far from downtown. Price was very reasonable.

Room Tip: Try to book a room south facing. Much cooler because no sunshine in the afternoon.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter W
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Xi'an Greenland Century City

Reviewed 23 September 2013

There are several other reviews mentioning this and I fully agree - the hotel air con (at least in the rooms) is useless. I stayed here 3 nights and only managed a total of 5 hours sleep. Overnight room temp was 24 degrees C and, as such, very uncomfortable. It's a shame as the rooms are clean, the breakfast is varied and tasty and the hotel (overall) is pretty decent. The location is a bit of a pain (45 mins in taxi from airport) and there isn't much in the locality. However, it serves well as a value for money 'base' for exploring....just don't plan to do too much as you'll be too tired from tossing and turning in the sauna-like room conditions...

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 28 July 2013

When staying in Xian for business I like this hotel a lot. The rooms are comfortable and quiet, the buffet restaurant is reasonably priced (and includes beer) - although for some reason they have Taylor Swift playing on a loop. One night it was the same single Taylor Swift song playing on a loop. Now I like Taylor Swift but by the end I thought I might be going a little insane. I guess the staff just block it out as its on so much.

There is a lovely little park only a few minutes walk from the hotel if you want to get some air - and there are a few restaurants around it but you'll need a translator - or lots of sign language - there were no English speakers when I went.

My only gripe was that the pool was closed for almost a week during my stay. I used the gym but it was a little weird as its a very small room with only a couple of cross trainers and some free weights - and a tv. So the staff were in there alternating between watching tv and watching me. Uncomfortable.

I was very impressed that they gave me access to the executive club and free breakfast despite being only a Gold member (I dropped from Platinum last year after a period of inactivity). Little things like that make a huge difference to a long stay away from home. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank OlekSkilganon
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This is a quality hotel that exceeded my expectations of a Holiday Inn location. The rooms are very well appointed with a comfortable bed and seating. The bathroom is deluxe with both a large tub and a separate shower stall. The staff was friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Seemed to be very popular around local folks... arrived at the mid night and I was lucky to make a reservation a wk ago... there were 3 more local guys wanted to find a room but was told no room availabl during check in.

average Holiday Inn comparing to other Holiday Inns or Express in China. The check out took almost 40 min in busy morning, even there were 3 lines (if you call them lines). No express self check out was available.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2013

The room was nice and large. I found the bed to be a little too firm/hard for my taste. I stayed in numerous, less expensive hotels during my trip to China and this bed was the most uncomfortable. The A/C really didn't work while I was there. I adjusted the thermostat over and over but it never did anything. I had to open the window in order to try to cool off the room. I also struggled with the lights in the room until I finally figured out that they are all controlled by a panel next to the bed. I put out a breakfast request on my door one night (it said you could hang it anytime before 3 am) but the next morning it was still hanging on my door (same thing happened to my colleague). I called room service and they were very quick about bringing the food but it was cold. Other than that, I found the service in the hotel to be very responsive. They did have numerous western outlets around the room, which I appreciated, enabling me to charge up my various devices at the same time.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I've often booked this hotel for friends visiting us and we've always had great service. As a Priority Club Platinum member, they usually give us an upgrade to the executive floor and free breakfast.
This last time, though, my friends' room was really hot (27C/80F) throughout their 4 day stay. They adjusted the thermostat, but it didn't change. When they asked staff for help, they were told that the hotel's AC isn't turned on until summer. It was 84F/28.9C outside today. I thought it might just be isolated to one room, but other guests were heard complaining about the same problem. Oddly enough, the executive lounge air conditioner was working just fine.
The Holiday Inn advertises itself as a 4 star hotel and the room rates are definitely 4 star, but the air conditioner situation just seem like cheap cost-cutting. Management; if the AC unit is broke, fix it. If it's not, turn it on so guests can be comfortable. This makes me think twice about booking this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Andrew M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Xi'an Greenland Century City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. We take our guests comments very seriously and we will ensure that any problems you experienced during your stay are resolved. Your comments on the air-conditioning are valid and I will ensure that the air-conditioning is kept at a comfortable level for all our guests.
I look forward to personally taking care of you and your guests on your next visit.

thank you for your comments.

Kind regards