“Okay for restroom stops but...” 2 of 5 bubbles

McDonald's
Ranked #122 of 1,671 Restaurants in Xi'an
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Seattle, Washington
“Okay for restroom stops but...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

Don't drink the soda or juices made with local water. The food was okay but we played it safe drinking the bottled water with our meal, after all, why else would they carry it?

Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Durham, England
“Don't knock it..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

We were struggling to find something to eat that we knew what it was so dived into McDonalds, everything is in Chinese but they 'whip out' the English version of the menu when they see you coming, very good! handy if you need something quickly.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank goafishing
Xi'an, China
“AVOID Train station branch - terrible staff!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

The food was ok, just normal low quality McDonalds stuff, that you sometimes need if you're in a rush, but quite simply the attitude of the staff at this Western-owned franchise was appalling. To begin with they refused to change a cola for a shake (the usual thing I do adding a couple of extra RMB on) and said it was policy. When I rather strongly questioned this lie myself and my Chinese wife were given abuse and rudeness. Later the manager came out and instead of apologising reinforced the position of the staff and refused to speak with a foreigner (me) only to my wife. Absolutely shocking in terms of management and overall attitude. I hope all people who come out of the train station, many of them foreigners, avoid this place like the plague.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank LiJames77
san antonio, texas
“Be careful”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2012

Because there is a language barrier, they use photo menus for English speakers to order. A common complaint (by Americans, Canadians, Central and South Americans in our group) is that what you get is not what you thought you saw. But this is understandable because the food is cook to Chinese customs and preferences. The chicken they like is not necessarilty chicken to us! Even the fries are different (cold and hard!).

Visited November 2012
Los Angeles, California
“So glad to see the golden arches!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

I know, I know...but you can only have so much "authentic" Chinese food before you really miss some semblance of home. I was so extremely appreciative to have my diminutive "large" coffee!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Laura A

Been to McDonald's? Share your experiences!