“good if it's been a while”
Review of Qing Mai Thai

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Qing Mai Thai
Ranked #758 of 1,695 Restaurants in Xi'an
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I love Thai food, and I was craving for it for weeks when I found this restaurant. Of course I was happy in front of my plates!
I had a pad thai, a green curry chicken and pork neck slices.
it was ok. I mean I ate it all. But I had so much better in Beijing. (And even better directly in Thailand of course).

Service was very good. Quick, smiling, helpful.

I would recommend to those that haven't eaten Thai food for a long time. Otherwise you'd be disapointed.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

This is a new place, in a brand new shopping centre to the east of Gaoxin fairly close to the stadium area and the 2nd ring road, it can be a little tough to find but it's worth it.
The first thing we found was the beer was cold, sounds basic but it's often ridiculously difficult to find a cold beer in this city unless its the height of summer. My wife had pure freshly juiced pear - really refreshing.
Then the starters - delicious spicy chicken satay. The two mains we ordered were duck fruity red curry and beef brisket yellow curry. The meat in both dishes was not so lean, but I actually prefer this for flavour so not complaining, others might be a little more picky.
Good sticky Thai rice comes for just 3kwai in little bowls, so the mountains of sauce can be soaked up - not all Thai places are so generous with their sauces.
Dessert was the very reasonably priced lemon sorbet - really finishes off the palate nicely, and all this for 150rmb, an absolute steal.
The service was fast, polite and the environment new therefore very comfortable and modern - get down there!

1  Thank LiJames77

Been to Qing Mai Thai? Share your experiences!