We had a great time at this hotel. It was raining throughout our 2 night stay but as the hotel has several good restaurants and leisure facilities (at neighbouring Sofitel), we did not have to venture far. The room was beautifully decorated and had a lovely view over the garden. The staff couldn't have been more helpful - from giving directions, advising on hotel facilities and local sightseeing and even going out of the way to organise umbrellas at a time of high demand. Every member of staff understood English perfectly.
We had a bad experience with the tour of the Terracotta Warriors that we had organised through the hotel. We went to the Sofitel Tour Office to provide feedback and were refunded the whole amount immediately without even having to ask for it!
We were very happy with our stay and would definitely recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Mercure Renmin Square is a heritage hotel, first opened in 1957 and is located in the grounds of Renmin Square. The hotel reflects the Sino Russian style of architecture, which is steeped in revolutionary history. There are 202 well appointed rooms, a restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, ACCOR, Ctrip TA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Mercure Xian on Renmin Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure On Renmin Square Hotel Xi`An
- Mercure Xi An
- Accor Xi An
- Grand Mercure Xian On Renmin Square China/Shaanxi