Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Alberto S
Porto, Portugal

Almost perfect!

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 30 Nov 2012
Location according to my needs. Next to the train station where it arrives and departs the airport shuttle and the buses to the terracotta warriors.
Room extremely comfortable with everything we needed for a relaxing stay. Bad we did not have television with international channels.
Excellent breakfast for a good price.
Dinner very bad with the remains of the day. It was no accident that I was the only guest in the dining room.
The situation most unpleasant was the check in. They could not find my booking which forced me to make a large deposit security. After many contacts, the problem resolved itself after almost an hour. The fact of the receptionists barely speak English worsened the situation.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Vio.com
1.4 miles from Grand Soluxe International Hotel
Restaurant
View more hotels in Xi'an
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 November 2012

With an unexpected spare day on my business trip to China I decided to indulge in a trip to Xi'an to see the terracotta warriors. Choosing a hotel was a rather random affair, and I stumbled upon the Grand Soluxe (ex Xian Diamond)

I arrived to find it a well appointed hotel at its price, and was pleasantly surprised. Well appointed, nice decor, spacious rooms.
Being Muslim, I was quite prepared to not find adequate food nearby. Much to my amazement, there was a Muslim street cafe right outside their doors (well two doors to their right to be honest, but close enough). I walked past it a few times, trying to gauge if it was safe to try. There was a friendly enough guy tending the fire outside, and the smells from the barbeque skewers finally got the better of me.

I ordered 4 skewers through gestures as no-one spoke a word of English. Magnificent! I ordered 6 more to round off my meal. Satisfied.

The next morning, being my free day, I wanted to go to the warriors as planned. By chance the guy at reception suggested i try the bus. Not having tried buses in China before, I decided that it was now or never. Being right opposite the train station was now a serious advantage as the buses left from the station square. Bus 306 to be precise. One leaving every hour, and a pleasant luxury-ish coach too. Really cheap at RMB7!! I kid you not. Would have paid about RMB150 for a taxi, and yet the bus goes right to the warriors. A dedicated service. I was now very very happy with my choice of hotel.

After a morning of excited discovery at the archaeological treasure trove, I returned to the Xian Diamond hotel and enquired as to how to get to the Grand Mosque. Directions were scribbled onto a card in Chinese, and off I went.

The taxi presented me to the "Islamic Street": a kaleidoscope of color, fruit stalls, curios, crafts, and searing fires sizzling meats, and a hustle and bustle to rival any market anywhere in the world.

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank A K
Reviewed 19 October 2012 via mobile

What to say ? Truly a grand hotel. Excellent rooms, immaculate service, very clean. Top Chinese restaurant, although pricy.
Good WiFi connection in the lobby.
Hotel is close to railway and bus station so ideal to visit the Terra Cotta Army, bus to airport, or domestic (night) train connections e.g. to Beijing.

Date of stay: October 2012
Reviewed 5 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one night last week after a long train journey from Pingyao to Xian.

Location: very close to the xian train station. This is a big plus for this hotel.

Room: clean and spacious.

Staffs at front desk: extremely UNPROFESSIONAL and UNFRIENDLY. They may not be trained at all by the look of it. At check-in, the staffs were confused and tried to charge us for 2 nights instead of 1 (can't they read the reservation or the printed voucher given to them?). The scarry part is they asked us to sign a credit card bill to pay for over $1000 rmb for room deposit, but at the same time, they asked us also to sign a credit card bill for one more nightly rate. If I just signed all bills thinking they are for the deposit, I would have paid double.

At check out, once again they printed a credit card bill wanting me to pay the 1 night I stayed, despite I showed them the hotel voucher that it has been prepaid. Even after they finally figured out it was really prepaid, they ran a second credit card bill and wanted my signature on it to pay for that one night. Note language barrier is no excuse as I communicated with them with perfect mandarin. They just have no idea of what they are doing.

Very unfriendly front desk: after the check out saga , I ask the staffs for direction. Upon asking 2 separate person at the front desk, they both refused to give me direction and one of them told me to go out of the hotel and ask someone else. I have never seen a hotel that operates like this, even a 2 star motel may have better service than grand Soluxe that claims itself is a 4 stars ( may get their stars purely based on hotel facilities ).

So a sincere warning to all travellers that consider staying in this hotel for its location. Be careful of what they ask you to sign and check your bills carefully.

Date of stay: September 2012
4  Thank Mabel C
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Beautiful hotel, elegant lobby with bridges, water feature with koi, grand piano. Very clean, our room was very spacious with sitting area with couch and chair, desk and chair. Bathroom had only a shower no tub, but the shower enclosure was huge. Others on our tour said their rooms were lovely but not as big as ours. Loved this hotel, we spent 2 nights here as part of our tour with Sinorama. Also enjoyed the hidden garden on the roof that was accessed from the 5th floor.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank Mildred J
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We were there for 2 nights in april. nice location, near everythoing (say 20 min. Covenient as there is a convenience store attached to the hotel. However, we were assigned to a small room as we asked a "non smoking" room. They have a nice garden on the 5th floor.
We were there on a Tour.
Walking distance from the train and to go shopping.

Date of stay: April 2012