“Treated like Royalty”

Jeff Private Tour-Day Tour
Ranked #28 of 70 Tours in Xi'an
More attraction details
Owner description: Hello, this is Jeff, I am a private professional English speaking tour guide with more than 10 years experience in Xi’an. I am still doing it, simply because that I just love this job. For most of the westerners who plan to visit China, it is very important to have a reliable guide because of the language barrier. As a local citizen of Xi’an city, I deeply love this city and the people, I will try my best to assist anyone who desire to discover the time-honored culture and authentic local people’s lifestyle during you visit Xi’an. You are welcome to contact me!
Warminster, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Treated like Royalty”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Found Jeff on Tripadvisor for my Terracotta Warriors trip several years ago. He met me at the airport, we had our own minibus and driver, and deposited me at my hotel. The next few days were a Chinese experience like no other. Not just the warriors but plenty of other attractions around Xian. Cycling on the city walls and even to the top of a mountain. I can thoroughly recommend Jeff as he will fit your tour to your timeframe and desires. You will find the real China with Jeff.

San Antonio, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent private tour guide in X'ian”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We had Jeff as our tour guide in X'ian as part of our 10-day tour in China. Jeff was excellent, knowledgable and had great command of English. We arrived on an overnight train from Pingyao and Jeff and his driver picked us up at the train station without any problem. Since we arrived too early for hotel check-in, Jeff suggested us to visit the Big Goose Pagoda and then the Shaanxi museum. It was time well spent at the museum and provide great history on early dynasties in China. The next day, Jeff took us to the Terracotta Army in the morning and then took us to a local restaurant for an excellent and inexpensive lunch. We spent the afternoon at the City wall, Muslim quarter and the Mosque. Jeff then helped us ordering some take-out for our overnight train ride back to Beijing. Jeff was attentive and accompanied us to the right train cabin before leaving us. Ovreall, it was a great visit at X'ian and I would highly recommend Jeff for anyone interested in hiring a private guide when visiting X'ian.

Visited June 2014
Shanghai, China
“Jeff was a fantastic guide!!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

While living in Shanghai, we had some family visiting and took them on a trip to Xian to see the Terracotta Warriors. We hired Jeff as our guide. He was professional, knowledgable and most of all flexible. He provided everything from transportation to dinner reservations and personal guided tours. He was able to take us to some great and historical sights around the city in addition to the Warriors and tailor the trip to meet the needs of a large group. I highly recommend him!!!

Visited October 2013
Denver, Colorado
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Jeff as a personal guide in Xian”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We hired Jeff in May of 2012 to take us around Xian. Our train was 2 hours late but he was at the train station waiting for us. He was very knowledgeable about the history and the sights around the area. We went to see not only the Terracotta Warriors sight but another burial sight as well. He arranged for us to go to the Chinese Opera show with dim sum and the water show in the park both of which were fabulous. On the days we did not use him, he made sure we knew how to get around the city. I have had other guides since then but none as good as Jeff. He was concerned for our experience as well as our safety. He also took us places to eat that were great but not the normal tourist fare. I highly recommend Jeff!!!

Healdsburg, California
“We had a great time!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We were in Shanghai for just five days but wanted to see the Terracotta Warriors. We planned one day to visit Xi'an and arranged an early flight from Shanghai to Xi'an. Jeff met us at the airport and showed us the sites including the Terracotta Warriors! It was a dream come true to do this. Jeff is very knowledgeable, fun and speaks English well. We were running late to the airport due to traffic and Jeff knew just what roads to take to get us to the airport on time. All in all a great day! We highly recommend Jeff's Private One-Day (or more) Tour Guide.

Visited July 2013

Been to Jeff Private Tour-Day Tour? Share your experiences!