All reviews mukesh singh the club lounge indian chef dressing room breakfast buffet excellent hotel chief concierge rooms are huge special thanks deluxe rooms light show china highlights big wild goose pagoda perfect stay highly recommend this hotel walk in closet pool and gym
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

The hotel and staff impressed me so much that I decided they need recognition, despite rarely writing review. Everyone went out of there way to make our stay so special; however Cindy and Mikes deserve a special mention

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Wyndham Grand X, Club Lounge Manager at Wyndham Grand Xian South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review about our hotel and service, we will share your praise with all our team members including 'Cindy and Mikes', and I believe it will encourage us to do better. Thank you again, should you journey brings you back to the city, please kindly let us know.

Kind regards.

Gao Lihua
Club Lounge Manager

Reviewed 3 December 2017

In many years of travel I have never come across a hotel quite like this one. I was blown away by the friendliness and helpfulness of the hotel personnel, and their ability to make this very big hotel feel homely. The hotel is new, the rooms enormous with great marble bathrooms. Very good fitness centre and pool. Great location in a new area within walking distance of the Big Wild Goose Pagoda (worth a visit), and the Xian music hall and opera house (they play music in the wide street lined with statues in front of these attractions). The hotel gives you a smartphone with free local calls and Google Maps – a heaven-sent. This hotel strikes the rare balance between luxury and genuinely warm hospitality without being intrusive.

The service at the Wyndham Grand is simply outstanding. Jason at the concierge desk, thank you for offering to pick me up in your own car when I got stuck at the South Gate of the Xian wall in rush hour traffic – that really is over and beyond the call of duty! I am genuinely touched by your concern for my health and safety. Bella, thank you for putting up with my fast taking, and Edward thank you for great food recommendations. Anna, thank you for the warmest and most welcoming check-in I have ever had! You were a ray of light after a long travel day. Special mentions also to Mukesh the chef for making me a fabulous local breakfast, Cindy in the lounge who is a very professional “learner”, Sandra and Leo Li. And the lady standing at the elevators who greeted me with a huge smile every time I walked past, despite my speaking no Mandarin beyond “hallo” and “thank you”.

Xian is my new favourite city in China. Wide open roads, green spaces everywhere, beautiful architecture, and streets so clean you could eat from them. English is not widely spoken outside the hotel (except at the Terracotta warriors, where guides will find you in no time), but the people are warm and friendly and happy to try to help. As for food, just point and eat – the food here is fabulous! Do try the eco food village on level 3 of the mall across the street from the hotel. It has a wide range of tasty local dishes at very affordable prices. Worthwhile visits for me were the Terracotta Warriors (of course; although they are actually pretty cool and the Chinese government is taking real care in their excavation), the Big Wild Goose Pagoda (just climb the stairs it’s worth it) and the Xian city wall (very pretty at night, but be warned it gets cold quickly in winter). I only had a weekend but could easily have stayed longer to see the gardens and many museums in this beautiful city.

All in, I really cannot recommend the Wyndham Grand strongly enough. I would gladly have paid three times as much for this luxury homely experience. Thank you for everybody at the hotel that made this such a memorable experience. I look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Wyndham Grand X, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Grand Xian South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience, and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Wyndham Grand Xi'an South. We will share your comments about Jason, Bella, Edward, Cindy, Leo, Sandra, Anna, and Mukesh who offered outstanding service with our team members, and we are grateful of your praises. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the near future!

Mandy He
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

I don’t usually write reviews but my stay at the Wyndham Grand was so great I felt compelled to leave a review and a big thank you.

In short, my stay was one of the best hotel experiences I’ve ever had. The hotel is beautiful, the room was elegant and comfortable, and the staff went out of their way to make me feel at home. Ask for the club level with a view of the outdoor “mall” area (see pic below).

In particular, Lilygao in the club lounge was unbelievably sweet and helpful. She was a delight to talk to and made adding an extra night and checking out a breeze. A big thank you to her.

Also, Mukesh in the club lounge was wonderful to chat with and went out of his way to make sure I had everything I needed.

Just great service from a great group of people.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank pcnorthwest
Wyndham Grand X, Cub Lounge Manager at Wyndham Grand Xian South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your comprehensive review on TripAdvisor.

I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and you were satisfied with our guest rooms, Club Lounge and staff service, especially our front desk and Food & Beverage team were outstanding.

Look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Xi'an.

With best regards,

LiHua Gao
Cub Lounge Manager

Reviewed 27 November 2017

I took my mom here to stay for a short break. The hotel is in the best area in Xi'an, within walking distance to the giant wild goose pagoda, and surrounded by those newly developed city parks and grandeur ancient palace style buildings. It is a paradise escape from the rest of this populated city.

The suite itself was spotless. It is spacious and the ceiling was very high. The handy phone is indeed handy! You can use it in the city to make free international calls to a numerous of counties and browse the internet. It is even possible to go on google, facebook and youtube which I missed so much!

Staff was very helpful. Xiangzhi, the guest relationship manager has done a great job. We had a dinner in the club lounge, which offered amazing view of the ancient city at night. Angel offered us some special cocktails. Make sure try the sunset in Xi'an and blue sky yourself!

The choices in the buffet breakfast was quite good. There are also local specialties. These are a compromised breakfast version, but at least you don't find them in Hiltons and Sheratons (I havent tried sofitel or gran melia so far). So don't declare your dislike of these great dishes if you are disappointed by this version. Try in a proper restaurant.

Gym and spa are operated by a third party, located in the 'apartment' part neighbouring this hotel property and connected with the underground passage. So it is a long walk from your room. Plus, the 180 something CNY fee for the spa access is a bit outrageous to be honest (pool and gym should be free).... The finest hotel in London might not charge that much, if the spa access is not included for hotel guests.

Stayed: November 2017
Wyndham Grand X, Cub Lounge Manager at Wyndham Grand Xian South, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for the review about the hotel and the Club Lounge, especially about the ideal location, food we offered and staff service. We will definitely share with our team, it will encourage us to do better to offer our guests a wonderful stay experience. We wish we will have the honor to welcome you back in the near future. Thank you again.

LiHua Gao
Cub Lounge Manager

Reviewed 23 November 2017

The quality is better than a typical Wyndham in US. The room is spacious and in excellent quality. It is not far away from some tourist places. The only thing I can complain is that it is not close to any subway station.

Stayed: August 2017