Chenggong International Hotel
US$97
US$465
US$315
Sofitel
All reviewsibis hoteltrain stationbell towerterracotta warriorsbus linesbudget hotelsdrum towereast gatespent nightsnon smokingchinese breakfastreception deskspoke englishold citytaxiwallinternet
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Nothing great. One big issue was that they had wi fi only at the lobby which was one issue which was at the hotel. One good thing was the staff was quite well spoken in English unlike other hotels in China.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 December 2013

This is true budget accommodation. Rooms are very small. Bathrooms very small too - kind of resembled a commercial airplane's toilet. Beds are rock hard. No fridge. No safe. No in-room wifi. Lobby wifi is unusably slow. TV has no English channels. Towels are thin. Staff have poor English. At least the A/C and the hot water pressure were very good. Location was poor - too close to city landmarks for taxis to accept you, yet too uncomfortable to walk much due to overbearing heat and crazy aggressive road traffic. There are some good nearby restaurants though and you'll have to buy your water from street vendors. This place is okay if your priorities are price & safety, otherwise I'd spend a little extra elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Made the reservation on the go based on reviews, brand and price. For that price it was a great finding. It is not close to the city center (20 min walk?) but very accesible. Lots of road work around. Very convenient to reach the train station. Easy to get buses to downtown and the staff was very knowledgeable on indicating the buses to take. It will take not more than 10 min to reach downtown with a direct bus that could be taken three blocks from the hotel, in the intersection of two main avenues.. Internet? Only available in the lobby, which is very inconvenient. Supermarkets around. Clean. No frills. Staff just doing their job and not very enthusiastic about it. Highly recommendable to buy the xi'an map with transportation routes.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank RoxLima
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The Xi'an Ibis is a very nice, well taken care of hotel. The rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. The breakfast was a nice change of pace and a good value. The only drawback is the location is not close to the subway and haling a cab took forever. This will change once the new subway line is completed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2013

If you are wanting a cheap hotel to just lay your head to sleep and have a shower, this may be an option. If you expect anything else then look elsehwere.

I've never stayed anywhere with staff so incompetant. I had prebooked train tickets to Beijing and was advised they would be delivered to the hotel. When we arrived I asked if they had arrived and was told they had not. I checked back later that evening and was again told no. I decided to call the travel agency however the phone didn't work. I went to reception, they told me I needed to put money on my "phone account" which I did, went back upstairs to my room and tried to call again, again the phone didn't work. So I went back down to reception, they couldn't figure out why the phone wasn't working, I showed them the phone number and asked if they could make the call from reception, they then told me it wasn't a phone number but an address and attempted to dismiss me. After, unfortunately, making a song and dance, finally they attempted to dial the "address" and low and behold, guess what? The phone rang! And it was my travel agency! And they advised me that they had already delivered the train tickets! And the receptionist opened her draw and wow, there was the envelope with my name on!

Location isn't that great, rooms are basic, don't even bother with breakfast. I won't even go into the fact that they charged me twice for the room. I was just happy to get my train tickets... Eventually :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple