“Nice place for business” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Haigeng Hotel

Haigeng Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kunming
Haigeng Hotel
Ranked #360 of 1,159 Hotels in Kunming
New York City, New York
“Nice place for business”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

I had to come here on business and found out that it is a government run hotel, so that freaked me out a bit. The room was booked on my behalf so I was never able to contact them and find anything out about their facilities and the reviews here in Chinese didn't help either. Not many, if anyone speaks English here but fortunately I had help from some colleagues. It's a hotel that is actually part of the Yunnan Haigeng Conference Center, which is part of a pretty extensive propertly of several acres and multiple buildings. I was only here for a day and a half, but the room was quite nice though I wouldn't call it spotless. I had a canopy bed with pillowtop mattress, down covers. Nice sized flat screen TV, but no English-language programming. Marble tiled bathroom had all the necessary toiletries and a nice sized glass stall shower (no tub). No alarm clock, but the room did have a fridge. The grounds of the area are nicely maintained and there are a couple of small ponds. Since it is kind of outside of town, and it was a conference, the food was served in a large dining hall and was buffet-style. Quite delicious, but if you're looking for western breakfast you'll have to go elsewhere, though they did have hard boiled eggs and ham. They have a restaurant as well, that I didn't get to try, though I assume the food is prepared in the same kitchen. Wifi was nonexistent in my room, though I had other colleagues tell me they could connect from theirs. They did have a hardwire connection though. I didn't have a chance to check out the fitness facilities, but I'm told a lot of athletes stay here and according to the facilities directory they have a swimming pool, and baskeball, tennis and badminton courts, as well as a room to rent for chess, cards and ping pong, all for an extra fee. It's about a 20 minute walk to Dianchi lake from here, so if you're not coming on business, there are better options closer to the sites.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business