“Good hotel but no soul...”
Review of Grand Park Kunming

Grand Park Kunming
Ranked #6 of 1,222 Hotels in Kunming
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel is OK for business or just to sleep.
Our bedroom was comfortable but dark and empty... Bathroom without specific shower, no decoration, no smile at the entrance, no good life around the hotel...
So is Just good to sleep or if you have a special price.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gorgu1000
Gavin C, Public Relations Manager at Grand Park Kunming, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Gorgu1000, thank you for choosing to stay with us and I’m sorry to learn that your experience was not as memorable as we wished.
Our guest rooms decorated a year ago, questions about the lights of the room not enough light we are ready to change the new light source, the facilities inside the room has been replaced. About the problem of the bathroom we will timely feedback and improve our service levels. Hotel is located in the city center, house prices than other home is very cheap.
Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I hope this experience will not deter you from staying with us again. If the opportunity allows, I would like to personally see to your room booking should you decide to return to our hotel in future.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel is a bit jaded. WiFi connection is spotty. But the enthusiasm of the staff at the lounge makes up for that. The concierge appears unwilling to provide transportation options other than what the hotel offers.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TWInChina

Dear TWInChina, thank you sincerely for sharing your positive feedback with us. I am truly delighted that you had a positive stay. Thank you also for choosing to stay with us.
I apologise for the inconvenience that you encountered from our WIFI Internet access. We understand our guests’ need for high-speed and stable connectivity and are currently enhancing the hotel’s wireless network in phases – this is scheduled to be completed in June. With regard to your concierge reflect problems, we will follow up and try to improve the quality of service in a timely manner.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

The hotel is basically ok, although not very good value for money. The rooms are quite big and the beds are nice. But the pool was closed on my first visit (I didn't check on the second). The breakfast is quite bad for the price. The location is close the lake but the views are not great. However the main reason I'll be trying to avoid staying there again because of the incredibly rude staff.

Room Tip: My tip: Don't go there.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Gavin C, Public Relations Manager at Grand Park Kunming, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Bob, thank you for choosing to stay with us and I’m sorry to learn that your experience was not as memorable as we wished.

I am also happy that you recognize our hotel enjoys a superior geographic location. Thank you for recognizing that our hotel rooms and the beds is pretty good .

We are the first five-star hotel in kunming, our hotel is in the downtown area. So the price of room rate is favorable. Our hotel swimming pool open time from May to October. Our breakfast is famous in our hometown. We promise that use fresh ingredients to cook. Compared with other five-star hotel the price is not to high. I appreciate you sharing your feedback as it will spur us on to improve even more. We fix the negative areas wherever possible. We will definitely address this with my F&B colleague. I am sure it will improve our service even more. The next time you may choose the lake side room. You can enjoy the beautiful scenery. Your points and opinions are well respected and understood. We definitely failed to deliver the usual levels of service on your stay here and for that, I offer no excuses, just my sincere apologies. We will make great efforts to improve the service quality and intensifying the staff training.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have stayed on several occasions and each time there are problems. The WIFI service is VERY bad - often not working - usually very slow - and often drops out. I changed rooms to get better service - no real improvement at all. Hotel firewall means I cannot send directly from Outlook - have to do this via webmail service of ISP!

I only ate breakfast here - food is always cold - even at 6:15 AM. They must cook the evening before and let sit at room temperature all night.

Rooms are good size, clean and OK selection of western TV channels.

Expensive for what you get - the internet service is a joke!

Location is excellent and some staff are very friendly.

Bedroom door - make sure it is totally shut - often closes but does not lock!

Room Tip: Ask for lake view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Gavin C, Public Relations Manager at Grand Park Kunming, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear camjeffery, thank you for choosing to stay with us again and I’m sorry to learn that your experience was not as memorable as we wished. Feedback from our valued guests, like you are of great importance and keep us focused on our commitment to service excellence. I apologise for the inconvenience that you encountered from our WIFI Internet access. We understand our guests’ need for high-speed and stable connectivity and are currently enhancing the hotel’s wireless network in phases – this is scheduled to be completed in June. Also, please be assured that there are no firewalls installed for our public network and the email issue could be due to each Outlook’s personal settings, which we will be happy to assist.

Pertaining to your comments on our food, we are dedicated to serving up the freshest and quality food to our guests and I have reiterated this to our culinary team, who will review their processes to maintain the highest levels of standards. In addition, I have spoken to our Engineering team to ensure that your feedback on our guestroom doors is addressed. We consider guest privacy and safety one of our key priorities and these should not be compromised.

On another note, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel’s location and service rendered by the team. Should you visit Kunming again, we will be delighted to share more local travel tips or off-the-beaten-track places for you to further explore this beautiful city.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I have always stayed in this hotel when I visited Kunming. It's well located close to downtown and close to beautiful Green Lake Park, I found it very convenience as we can spend the day by strolling around the street.

The restaurant inside the hotel is not special and quite pricey

Relatively few English speaking staff is available, but at least on any given time there is minimum 1 person in the front desk can speak English.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank rendyas
Gavin C, Front Office Manager at Grand Park Kunming, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear rendyas, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and it’s great to hear that you have once again, chosen to stay with us during your recent visit.

At Grand Park Kunming, we are committed to continually enhance our service standards and ensure that our team members are equipped with the relevant skillsets. Please be assured that regular training and assessmnt language courses are in place to make sure that our staff members are fluent in their communications to better serve all our customers.

Once again, I thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Have been visiting the hotel for quite a bit but it is sad to see how the services are deteriorating, buffet spreads be for the breakfast or dinner are not compatible to what they were back then. Just hope that all these will be improved in not too soon future.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Simon K
Joy S, Front Office Manager at Grand Park Kunming, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Simon K,at the very outset, please accept my sincere apologies for your negative experience. Truly disappointing to know that we did not deliver our usual levels of service. I would like to thank you for sharing the info and bringing it up to my attention. Please be assured that I will definitely address this with my team and I am sure it will improve our service even more.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Grand Park. It's a top-notch hotel with very comfortable rooms and beds. The breakfast buffet is ample, with both western and Asian choices. The location is hard to beat as it's just across from Green Lake Park. It is a little pricey, but probably not compared to the Green Lake Hotel. The staff was friendly and gracious, although sometimes English could have been better (since my Mandarin is quite basic, I really cannot complain!). I would stay there again, if we ever go back to Kunming.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Joy S, Front Office Manager at Grand Park Kunming, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear MetalRabbit, thank you sincerely for sharing your positive feedback with us. I am truly delighted that you had a positive stay. Thank you also for choosing to stay with us.we will improve the service level and the service consciousness. I look forward to your return, allowing us to be of service to you, in the near future.