“An Excellent Way to Spend a Wonderful Day!”

Yunnan Nationalities VillageBenzilam
Ranked #3 of 199 things to do in Kunming
Toronto, Canada
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“An Excellent Way to Spend a Wonderful Day!”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

After reading some of the reviews, I'm sorry that so many reviewers gave this park poor ratings. My rating is high because 1) we did bring our own food and had a picnic lunch under a shady tree at the edge of one of the many ponds in the area. 2) we rented a peddle bike for four people and had a lovely drive through the villages that we went to. 3) to truly enjoy the park you must have good walking shoes, bring your own refreshments and be sure to spend the day. It was very interesting to see the variations in ethnic cultures in one spot without having to travel through Yunnan's vastness. And go through at a slow pace. If you are looking to be thrilled and wowed you will be unsatisfied. And I enjoyed the shops at the entrance reminiscent of Lijiang's shopping and stunning architecture. I have to say that for my friends and I, it was an excellent place to visit. I will go back again to see the villages we didn't have time for.

Visited February 2014

• Thai first
Fruit Heights
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Okay, if you don't have anything better to do.”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This place was like walking through a big nice park with interesting little villages scattered around. You learn a little bit about the different minorities but not much really (a few placards to read). If I had really known what it was I probably wouldn't have spent the ¥90 it costs to go in.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank lizardroberts
Launceston, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

This place is cool. A very authentic reproduction of many of the interesting ethic minorities of China. We spent time in Bai country and the Bai bit was very realistic, it was like stepping into a real small Bai village! The park is huge and the restaurant is awful so avoid it like the plague and instead, purchase the fantastic fresh, hot noodles cooked in the little huts dotted around the museum.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Rob P
Las Cruces, New Mexico
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Good but Disappointing”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I was unsure how to rate Yunnan Nationalities Village. I believe my problem was that I went there with the wrong expectation. I had hoped to lear about the 25 or 26 minorities that live in Yunnan and I didn't learn very much. It was interesting and fun but not what I would consider educational. The show was great, but it was show biz. Sorry I can't be more positive.

Visited September 2013
Dhaka, null, Bangladesh
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Yunnan Nationalities Village”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Yunnan Nationalities Village is not worth visiting unless you have plenty of time. It sounds a life-time travel experience but its not ! You may see this during you visit to Dianchi (Dian Lake). We went there on a rainy day,we did not dislike it either !

Visited September 2013