“Spacious Room and Happy with my Stay”

Oakwood Residence Hangzhou
Ranked #19 of 2,391 Hotels in Hangzhou
Singapore, Singapore
“Spacious Room and Happy with my Stay”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

My last stay here was in September 2013. This was actually my first time staying in Oakwood. When I reached Oakwood, they put me into South Tower, not knowing that there are 2 towers. So, accepted it and was surprised with the space of the room provided. The bed was king big, bathroom was nice, and the view was superb!. The room was very spacious with lots to walk around. I have my own kitchenette, a big fridge, and a washing machine. However, the only thing I can voice out is that the overall room do look a bit old. I was actually here on business and stayed for a long 2 weeks. Another thing is that South Tower only has swimming pool, bar, and restaurant. Every morning I need to walk over to North Tower for breakfast. I am OK, however, as my stay continues, I asked for a view of a room in North Tower. The room they showed me was very much smaller, however, looked newer. Happy with my choice of South Tower, so cant complain much. Food was easily accessible and I did walked all the way to Walmart for grocery shopping.

I will be coming back to stay in Oakwood next month for business. I hope I can get a big room in North Tower as I will be staying for about 2 weeks again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Peter Z, General Manager at Oakwood Residence Hangzhou, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for preferring to stay at Oakwood Residence Hangzhou when visiting this magnificient city an thank you for your great comments with regards to your stay with us. When travelling to Hangzhou again please notify us when making your reservation which tower you would prefer to stay in and we shall be delighted to accommodate your request. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Oakwood Residence Hangzhou.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I regularly stay in this hotel/apartments. It's great to have a washing machine, fridge/freezer, cooking faciltiies etc. It's very comfortable and staff is friendly. There are limited options for eating inthe local area unless you like BurgerKing (which Ido). There are coffee shops nearby (Cafe Bene and Starbucks) and a convenience store. There are a couple of other Chinese fast food restaurants which you might like if you're young and Chinese but look unappetising to the western eye.

The staff will get you a taxi and it's easy enough to get to town. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Peter Z, General Manager at Oakwood Residence Hangzhou, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for preferring to stay at Oakwood Residence Hangzhou on your frequent visits to this wonderful city. From myself to all of our associates, we are delighted that you have chosen to make Oakwood Residence your home in Hangzhou and we sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I used to stay in Oakwood a lot, so this time I trusted their brand and decided to book at Oakwood in hangzhou. I believe the property is below par. The rooms are OK just as well as the lobby. The food at the breakfast was either cold and the breads and pastries very dry. The staff at the check-in did not once say please or thank you. The staff at check out had a big problem printing out the correct bill,.... and twice gave me a bill of somebody else,.... so the check out experience was also not good and took way too long. The pool has a good temperature if you want to swim a distance, but if your kids just wants to play around a bit it is simply too cold. Also the cleanliness of the changing rooms were just OK. The location of the hotel is OK I guess. The bed comfortable. The internet speed was very good and for free.

So all together not an experience as I am used to from Oakwood and therefore I will also not come back here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Peter Z, General Manager at Oakwood Residence Hangzhou, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for preferring to stay at Oakwood Residence on your recent visit to Hangzhou. Please let me apologise for not meeting your expectaions on this visit and thank you for detailing the areas where we must improve. In fact, in our health club we will be upgrading the change room facilities and amenities this month. Our breakfast generally recieves good reviews, however, I will be speaking to our Chef about the improvements required, and as for our welcoming and departure service I shall personally see that we provide more attentive and personalised service. I do hope that you will consider staying with Oakwood Residence Hangzhou on your future visits to Hangzhou. Thank you.
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Went to Hangzhou recently and was looking for an apartment hotel. Found out Oakwood Residence and want to share that it was an awesome experience. the apartments are very well equipped. washing machine, diswasher, oven, heat plates, refrigerator, all utensils and crockery including wine glasses and finest cutlery has made its way in the room. drawing area is so well done. the bedrooms are spacious and very cozy. the staff is very supportive. the breakfast absolutely splendid. also got free parking for 4 days. very conveniently located with starbucks a minute away. you can find many restaurants around and some convenience stores also around. four days just flew off. i have a decided place in Hangzhou now. that is Oakwood Residence.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Peter Z, General Manager at Oakwood Residence Hangzhou, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for preferring to stay at Oakwood Residence Hangzhou on your recent visit to Hangzhou and thank you for your wonderful comments about our apartments, services and breakfast. I, along with our team members, are delighted by the recognition you have shown and we all look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Hangzhou.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Rooms are clean and comfy, and come fully loaded with full kitchen, washing machine and large bathroom. It's a great option if you are there for a few days and want to cook your own food.

On the map, it seems quite far away from West Lake (the reason we visited), but actually it is not so far. It takes about 20 minutes to walk down the street to the top end of West Lake, and there is a Walmart, Pizza Hut, McDonalds and some local bars along the way. You can also easily take a taxi.

My only complaint is that the neighbors above us were quite loud during one of the nights, but the floor above us didn't seem to be part of the hotel so I'm not sure there was anything they could do.

It is for sure a great option if you don't need to be directly on the lake.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Peter Z, General Manager at Oakwood Residence Hangzhou, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for preferring to stay at Oakwood Residence on your recent visit to Hangzhou and thank you for your great review. As you rightly mentioned we are not directly at West Lake, but a short taxi ride away. We are focused on trying to provide accommodation which is like a home away from home, which I believe you felt here judging by your comments. I would also like to apologise for the noise from the above floor. During the Chinese New Year period, celebrations sometimes are louder than normal. I do hope that should you return to Hangzhou you would once agian consider being a guest of Oakwood Residence Hangzhou.
Suzhou, China
Reviewed 10 February 2014

It was awesome to have such a nice room. There is everything you need with a kitchenette and a separate room for the kids. They were particularly impressed by so many TV's with movies available on demand on each one. The internet worked really well with all devices accessing it easily. We were even able to have our pet stay with us. The pool was wonderful for the kids to play in and there is a well resourced gym for exercise which I used. I spent an evening in the bar for a few drinks and was welcomed with a nice Belgium beer. As well as this there are lots of food options available with my favorite being the local Ramen noodles. The hotel is not on the lake front but a little back into the city, this made the busy tourists not seem to be there. We felt more relaxed not seeing all the tourists and it is not far to

Room Tip: I have no suggestion here a our room was excellent with no other idea how another room could be diff...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Peter Z, General Manager at Oakwood Residence Hangzhou, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you for preferring to stay at Oakwood Residence on your recent visit to Hangzhou. Your wonderful review is very much appreciated, will be shared with all our associates, and we all certainly hope to welcome you, your family, and the pet back to Hangzhou in the not to distant future.
Hangzhou
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I had an absolute wonderful stay at the Oakwood, Hangzhou. Not only was the hotel located right in the middle of the city making it very convenient to get around, but the staff and hotel environment were well above par. The rooms in particular were very spacious, and felt like a high level apartment rather than a stuffy hotel. That and the food which must have been made by a master chef with great wine offerings to boot.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business