Well, Four Seasons surely gets an award for the right manager in Peter Draminsky at the Four Seasons Hotel in Hangzhou at West Lake! Before making our reservation, I was particularly impressed that he personally responded to all the comments listed in Trip Advisor. Our family visited over the Christmas holidays and we were there for both my husband and daughter's birthdays in late December. We received such a warm and inviting welcome from the staff upon our arrival and Peter personally greeted us as well. We wanted to see the Lingyin Buddhist Temple the afternoon of our arrival and it was clear that we might miss the opportunity so the hotel swiftly organized a driver to drop us off so we could fit in a tour before the temple closed for the evening. The temple and grounds were well worth the effort. We dined at both the restaurants at the hotel and I must say, the piece de resistance was after a fantastic Chinese dinner in the furtherest restaurant from our room, my feet were suffering from "new shoe syndrome" and as I was walking back to our room in my stocking feet, I was intercepted by the concierge desk and presented with a new pair of slippers! Nice touch! I 'm not sure if the restaurant called to alert them that I was walking, essentially barefoot, or they just keep a stash of slippers on hand. In addition to the fantastic massage in their beautifully appointed spa facility ( our daughter received a 90 minute facial along side me), we rode the hotel bicycles around the lake. On my husband's birthday, the hotel delivered a chilled bottle of champagne to the room along with the most amazing petit pastries presented in Four Seasons fashion. We checked out on my daughter's 24th birthday and, before we could get into the car, Peter presented her with a box of incredible truffles. It was like arm wrestling to get a piece but all my chocolate cravings were rewarded. All in all, it was a wonderful experience and the personal touches Peter added made us feel like very treasured guests, especially since we were a world away from our California home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In China’s most picturesque setting, Four Seasons reveals an intimate lakeside village, melding centuries of tradition with chic contemporary style. Convenient to business and shopping, discover a tranquil enclave, woven with ponds, streams and lagoons. Experience the gentle spirit of Chinese hospitality in exclusive private dining rooms and resort-style recreation, including two swimming pools and a cutting-edge designer spa. Deftly sophisticated Four Seasons care instills confidence and delight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Four Seasons Hangzhou at West Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Hangzhou At West Lake Hotel Hangzhou
- 4 Seasons Hangzhou At West Lake