JW Marriott Hotel Hangzhou
US$128
US$126
Huachen International Hotel(Hangzhou)
US$104
All reviewsthe executive loungeasia bistrocru steakhousewest lakesmall tvgold memberexcellent hotelfitness roomcoffee machinemy colleagueconcierge staffbusiness tripwulin squarebeautiful roombusiness districtbreakfast and dinnergrand canal
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This is the first hotel that I stayed at while traveling internationally, and I was so impressed with the room amenities, cleaniness, and staff. Stayed on higher floor facing the lake. Even though tipping is not expected in Shanghai, I could not help but tip Ben, who went way above and beyond to help us find our way. Would not hesitate at all to go back to this hotel.

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I stayed here a few days ago & also booked a meeting room on the 3rd floor for meetings. All the hotel staff I met are well-trained. The staff at the ground floor restaurant are willing to engage me in a conversation to make the dining experience more pleasant. On one occasion, one staff even remembered what I ordered for dinner the night before. At the meeting room level, the staff are attentive & efficient. The front desk staff are all friendly & helpful.

My room had everything I needed & was everything I'd expected from a JW Marriott facility.

I really enjoyed being here the past few days.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank nick_ng
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Arranged an airport pick up by the hotel as I was arriving late. All went very smoothly and it was nice to be met and whisked away after a long flight. The hotel was very nice in every resepct. probably my only comment was that given I had booked an executive level room. i had to ask if there was a lounge and where it was. There was no welcome letter to indicate the privileges offered for this type of room grade. But otherwise it was very comfortable and the room was very pleasant to come back to after a long day doing business. Staff all very pleasant and obliging. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ChrisP1963
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This is a sharp, new hotel - our room was well appointed with a floor to ceiling window providing maximum daylight. The downtown location makes it an excellent base for business. There's a well appointed and helpful business center. At this time there's plenty of building and road construction nearby, however we did not experience any noise problems. Service was top notch and the Chinese restaurant provided both top quality service and dishes. Indoor pool and fitness club looked great. If you're driving the hotel offers free parking, which can prove quite valuable here. If your dates/plans allow, try to avoid the main tourist season and Chinese holidays particularly, as visitors to this "Lake Geneva" of China are plentiful and prices rise.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Having done 3 trips to Hangzhou in 3 months, I'm very disappointed in the staff of the executive lounge. To be asked what my room number is each morning/evening instead of being greeted with "Hello Ms. X, what can we get you?" is disappointing. I also had to leave the hotel a couple days to go to Shanghai and left a book and some yoga DVD's in my room. I had to ask if I'd left something in my room when returning - instead of being told upon checking in again that I'd left something. The staff should be filing left items and be notifying the customer - not the other way around. I have stayed at other 'lower level' Marriott hotels in China that provided better services than that. They ran out of regular coffee for the rooms multiple days - and when they weren't out of it they were bad at refilling the coffee in the room. The steak restaurant is ok, the gym is excellent, the bar in the basement is fun. This gets a very good rating though b/c the rooms are very nicely laid out, breakfast is excellent, and it's a very new/clean hotel. They are still 'new' and have tome things to work out. There is some construction going on 1 side of the building, and they were working late into the night and early in the morning. Also, they don't provide a luggage rack as there's a specific spot to put your suitcase. However, if you're traveling with a large bag (29") it won't fit lengthwise into this space - a very large design flaw.

Room Tip: the corner rooms have a walk in closet which is really nice - and the bathroom is more separate from the rest of the room. Even if you're close to the elevator there are only either 4 or 6 rooms on each side of the hall so it's still pretty quiet. If you're big on non-smoking make sure to request a room where the floor below you is also non-smoking!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business