“Not bad but not fantastic”

Hangzhou ZTG Airport Hotel
Ranked #64 of 2,497 Hotels in Hangzhou
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Close to the airport but my taxi struggled to find it. Hotel is pretty modern and clean. Check in was easy enough although English speaking ability was limited. Room was big and clean, view would have been good had the windows been cleaned - they were filthy on the outside. Wireless internet requires a device from reception it worked well once I had figured it out. Bar was hopeless - choice and service were lousy, glass of wine I had was rough and a seriously short measure.

Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 12 June 2014

A luxury close to Yangzhou airport with a great view of runway and the airport. Exceptionally friendly staff with a good command of English. Great food specially the deserts. Large room with a view of runway. Excellent housekeeping and reception staff. Will always be my choice for airport hotel in Hangzhou

Room Tip: All rooms got good view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Share to everyone,

I toke a night flight to Hangzhou. Once I reached the airport, I call the hotel phone number, then they send the hotel bus to fetch me and they asked me to wait in airport point 14. Is it more safe to get the direct hotel bus to hotel, However while I waited for the hotel bus, I saw, there is to many not recognise transport services, if u travel alone, it is better to get either direct hotel bus services or china green taxi to reach your hotel.

Ok, I reached the hotel reception, the hotel reception look clean, spacious and elegant. And once I got my room key and i toke the lift to my room. The room is big, clean and I have a nice view of the airport, where I can see the plane flying. The only things is the hotel run portable wifi-(either wire or device) , where u need to request from the hotel services. However I require wifi device for my ipad, hm.. too bad there run out of wifi device, they ask me to go to reception hall to receive free wifi.

However overall experience quite satisfied.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank celestineliew
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Perfect if you need to stay close to the airport for an early flight. Extremely Cleaned, easy to reach, Convenient Shuttle bus to and from the airport. Decent buffet breakfast. For sure Recommended. ---

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Location:
Very close the airport. Perfect for people catching connecting/early morning flight or arrive mid-night (like us). Shuttle bus departure every 15 mins from hotel to the airport, and also offer free pick up service from the airport.

Room:
The room was big but simple, devoid of any character. Like the previous reviews said, feeling like sleeping in a office building. Did have a good view to the runway though. The bed was comfy but the sound of fake cannon from the airport (I guess they use it to drive the birds) won't let you sleep in.

F&B:
The buffet brekki was average. Not many choices and the food was just OK.

Service:
Staff at the concierge were professional and helpful. We arrived at mid night as our flight was delayed. They sent the shuttle bus to pick up as in 10 mins, checked us in quickly and asked if we need a reminding call for the next flight. There's also a screen at the concierge shows the flight status which is quite convene

Cleanliness:
The room itself was clean. However, on our way to the restaurant for brekki, we smelt something unpleasant (like the sludge) in the lift.

Value:
The Deluxe Double Room with breakfast cost us RMB676 per night. I won't say it's cheap given the room condition is just so-so

Overall:
It's an hotel that I believe the sole purpose is to serve crew and connecting flight passengers. The truth is, there's no other hotel nearby that can offer similar standard of accommodation. Although the condition of the hotel is not perfect, it's your best option in the airport as a connecting flight passenger

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel before a long transpacific trip back to the US the next day. The location was excellent, about four minutes from the airport by airport shuttle and the hotel, while large, did not seem particularly cold or faceless to me. The service is competent and English speaking, the rooms are huge, well appointed and quiet, despite proximity to the runway! The breakfast is decent. I would definitely recommend a stay at this hotel over the hassle and "excitement" of a taxi ride through traffic choked Hangzhou the morning of your departure!

Room Tip: Request a room with view of the runway if you like this sort of thing!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ILdot
Reviewed 7 April 2013

The thing about this hotel is, there is nothing remotely better anywhere near the airport. And things certainly could be a lot worse. My taxi driver first took me (errantly) to the "old" airport hotel (covered in tile, circa-1986) which looked to be on its very last legs (I could imagine there was a spittoon in every room). The ZTG, just a few hundred meters away, rises above the land like a comparative shining diamond of an oasis.

As an earlier review attested, the ZTG is like a huge office building, devoid of any real character. When I emerged from the elevator to find my room on the 8th floor, I found myself walking through darkened areas of the hotel which could've been subtitled "abandoned ideas" - some kind of never-used lounge area, drafty VIP dining areas, etc. I actually walked quite a ways because the direction signs were redundantly confusing: Rooms 801-890 (to the left); Rooms 820-868 (to the right). Or something like that. My room was 837 which could have been either way, according to the signs.

As I approached my room (finally), an attendant appeared to be exiting it. She was on the phone with someone saying "I checked it, it's fine." Intriguing...

My guess is they wanted to see if the room they picked - out of the hundreds of other empty ones available to offer me - was suitable for human habitation. With that many rooms on offer, I guess it's not a bad idea to check!

The room was fine. Rather: the room was fine given that I was paying $90/night and the alternative was a) the aforementioned "old" airport hotel, or b) a chair in the airport itself.

The were actually numerous things wrong with the room: there were no soaps of any kind. No shower gel. No shampoo. No conditioned. Nada. Just water.

The TV remote control was utterly baffling (and I can read Chinese). There were no real foreign channels of any kind. And the Internet was really, really slow.

The were, however, lots of plug outlets (China seems to be very good at this one - something foreign hotels could learn from), a comfortable bed with clean sheets (never slept in?), and good (misty) views of the runway, which any plane lover will appreciate.

A breakfast, which was served in the spacious 9th floor lounge, there appeared to be myself, the person I was the to meet with, and flight crews. And also plenty of staff on hand to serve loads of instant coffee and dumplings.

Room Tip: Any: few of them have ever been slept in!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business