All reviewseast winghorizon clubwest lakeclassic hotelbit datedhealth clubchinasuwestlakelakesidetaxismandarin
Reviewed 8 April 2014

we came to have a buffet lunch at this hotel as we came for a rest from shanghai, when we came to have lunch 11:00, we had to wait 45 minutes outside as it was 'not ready' even though everything looked ready and had been set out, when we finally got in and went for our food it was horrible, you have mostly native hangzhou cuisine like toad and fish but you have almost nothing else. it was a horrible experience and i am 100% sure that i will never come to eat here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank kirkwoodnicolas
杭州香格里拉饭店, 总经理 at Shangri La Hotel Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for choosing the Shangr i-La Hotel Hangzhou, and for sharing with us your experience. I am truly sorry that your stay did not meet our usual high standards. Your constructive comments have been discussed with the team and appropriate actions have been taken to remedy to this kind of situation in future. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again should your travels bring you back to Hangzhou.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here, I had been staying at another hotel in Hangzhou and really wasnt happy, I looked on Trip Advisor and this came up as an option and at a price to slightly cheaper than the hotel I was currently staying at. So I booked a room quickly and then took a cab over to the hotel. I arrived hours before a normal check in time, they assigned me a room quickly and upgraded us from the cheapest room I could book, I would've been satisfied with a mountain view room to an executive suite with water view. I figured I would have to wait a few hours to get a room but they moved me right in, and brought in all the luggage for myself and my boyfriend who was at work. The room was spectacular, and clean and well stocked with towels and such. The area where this hotel is, is out of this world beautiful, in my opinion the best part of the Lake, it is quite but has access to lots of activities, like walking on the Su causeway, or going out in a boat, or renting a bike to ride around and see the Pagoda's, Temples, and Museum all around West Lake. There is also a handy and beautiful Starbucks just a stones throw away from the hotel. The business office booked our train ticket back to Shanghai, and had the tickets delivered to the hotel. They also pre-booked our taxi to the train station as getting a taxi in Hangzhou can be very very difficult at times. When I review the earlier hotel I stayed at in Hangzhou I will discuss that this hotel, had me wait for 1.5 hrs in the lobby to get a taxi, but not the Shangri La. The staff at both the front desk, business office, and concierge were superb. The only downfall was the restaurant, we had dinner at the China Garden, the smell for the buffet is pretty bad, and we ordered a la carte but the server was very week, and brought out my meal 10 minutes before my boyfriends so we couldn't even eat our meal together, however after living in China for a few months this is a very normal thing, but doesn't mean it should continue. Loved this hotel, I will definitely stay here next time I go to West Lake. I have already sent 2 friends to stay here, and they also enjoyed their stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time in sharing your kind feedback with us. We are delighted to hear that you have taken the opportunity to stay in our hotel and had a very memorable experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to Shangri-La Hotel Hangzhou soon.
Your sincerely
General Manage

Reviewed 15 February 2014

when you choose Shangri -la u never mistake !!!
ask for the access to private business floor..anytime u can have good free food nd drink.and choose the king size bed.
is in front of the lake where u can rent a bike and enjoy the love round of it.

Room Tip: choose king-size bed )))
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Your sincerely
General Manage

Reviewed 5 February 2014

We recently stayed at the Shangri La Sentosa Singapore and had a great experience for the same money, I expected the same and was very disappointed, apart from the great location there is simply nothing else to recommend about this hotel, the hotel is dated and has been expanded in a very strange way, the east and west sides are joined by a long covered stepped walk way, you have to go outside of the lobby and down old garden steps to the indoor swimming pool, this is not fun with 2 small kids who like to swim when its cold rainy weather outside. The decor is old, the carpet in our room had a large stain. The service is the worse part of this hotel, I was offered the buffet lunch at 260RMB, the food was removed 10mins later with the explanation that it finishes at 2.00, it was also of poor quality. We asked about a taxi to a local attraction and was told it would take 2hrs for a 2mile trip and we should take a bus because the roads were narrow???

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Andrew H

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I don't know where are those Excellent comments came from. Unfortunately, to me, this is the worst I ever stayed during holiday trip. I guess unless you prefer 'old style' hotel, otherwise you might feel same as I did. There is a big 'Hangzhou Hotel' sign above the entrance, I was wondering we arrived a wrong place (driver can hardly notice the Shangri-La board besides Bei Shan Road). Very OLD lobby as well as hotel room. TOTAL EMPTY refrigerator, Dirty bed rest, few things in bathroom cabinet, you need to CALL room service everyday for extra set. Luckily we didn't try breakfast, saw three couples walked out with us and bought local breakfast cross the road.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family