“best choise in hangzhou” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake

Ranked #10 of 2,334 Hotels in Hangzhou
Guangdong
“best choise in hangzhou”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

actully, this is for my business trip in hangzhou. And i no nothing about this city. My friend recommed this hotel for me. It's very suprised. The location is very good, it's in the center of the city, very near from the High speed train station, and very convenient for my business trip. It's also very near from the West lake. I love the street near by which called Nanshan Road,a lots of coffee shops, art gallery, very romantic. I would like to give a full star for the staff. Very warmlly, friendly, and smart. They care about me, like me feel like they know me before i came here. The food there also very wonderful, everything is perfect for this trip. It's amazing to find a nice place to star my wonderful trip. I will come back again, i love the perfume which seems from the SPA, and i prefre the club Room, very comfortable and considerate.

Room Tip: They told me no lake view when i made a reservation, but it's just 5 minutes to get the West Lak...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SofitelHangzhou, General Manager at Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Dear Sir/Madam:
We very much appreciate your time to review your stay at the Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
Your comments concerning the need to renovate the hotel are well understood and indeed the Owner and Sofitel will commence with such a program this year.

Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

The hotel's located on a nice scenic area of Westlake, with lots of bars, coffee shops and restaurants nearby. And Ferrari, Aston Martin and Porsche dealers too if that's what you fancy. The train station is about a 20 minute walk and the recently refurbished "market" tourist (mainly Chinese) district is within walking distance too. I also walked round to the "dancing waters" area near some of the other western hotels.

The main feature of this hotel though has to be the staff. They all seem proud to work there and offer a really special, friendly and courteous service. The fifth floor Club Lounge is very nice (glad to help with printing boarding cards etc) and the rooms are large and comfortable with a bit of Chinese character.Turn-down service has nice biscuits and the laundry service is quick and efficient, with shirts coming back in a nice wicker box.

This is my second stay here and I find it very civilised and without any real faults.

Room Tip: 5th floor Club upgrade is definitely worth it if you can get it.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

Very nice hotel with extremely helpful staff. Location is perfect. Rooms are large and nicely furnished. Lounge on 5th floor has lovely view and happy hour is great with beautifully presented and delicious goodies. Breakfat is very nice but the egg chef does not understand how to make a soft fried egg.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SofitelHangzhou, General Manager at Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Dear Sir:

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

I recently stayed at the Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake and I have to say that whilst the hardware may not reflect that of a true Sofitel the service is truly wonderful!

I stayed in a Club Sofitel Room which gave me access to the Club Lounge and I have to say that the team in the Club are great. I was greeted by a young girl each morning with a pleasant Bonjour and was treated to a wonderful breakfast offering which included yummy homemade yoghurt, freshly squeezed orange juice and great croissants. At night during "happy hour" the beverage offering is excellent and the food offering definitely lives up to Sofitel standards.

The biggest asset of the hotel is it's staff; do not go there and expect truly luxury rooms as they are a little tired but be sure to upgrade to Club Sofitel as the service and offering is fantastic!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

I stayed here with my family members and stayed in Deluxe rooms, which were large and comfortable. Although touted as “lake facing” rooms, our view was of the rear of a ramshackle apartment block instead. Turns out what it really means is that the rooms face towards the lake area and it does not mean that you can actually see the lake from your room. The only place you can see the lake from is the restaurant on the club floor, but even that offers a limited view at best.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SofitelHangzhou, General Manager at Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear Sir/Madam:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake is situated in a good location directly across the street from beautiful West Lake. To get to the lake, one would need to use the underground pedestrian pathway (looks like stairs access to a subway). There is a high-end restaurant inside the hotel and a few others within walking distance. There are also some silk shops nearby.

Hotel seems older but is still clean - and parts were under construction, so may be undergoing renovation. Lobby is clean and airy. Rooms have high ceilings, so makes for a more spacious feel and bathrooms are clean with nice L'Occitane toiletries. As a business traveller, what was inconvenient was poor internet wi-fi signal in the rooms.

Amenities: There is a gym, but it is smaller and a bit dated. There is a club lounge which is very nicely decorated and provides a relaxing atmosphere especially for happy hour in the evening. It is also worth it to pay for the breakfast buffet for one day - the spread is excellent (try the bread pudding!).

Service is excellent - hotel staff are very polite and helpful. Taxis were never a problem because the staff would help me to arrange beforehand. As mentioned in my other reviews, don't forget to ask for a hotel business card which includes locations/sites in both Mandarin and English (easy to point to when in a taxi).

In summary, it is a nice hotel with great service and location. It fits the bill for the price point.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
SofitelHangzhou, General Manager at Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake, responded to this review, 20 July 2012