“Absolutely Impressive! Super glad I chose this hotel!”

Ranked #8 of 176 Hotels / Ryokan in Sapporo
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Pro: Spacious rooms both bed & bathroom (we choose a deluxe room), very nice decor, good location, great service!
Con: none

First I was reluctant choosing this hotel as it looked very small in the photo, and there are plenty of hotels in Sapporo with a more familiar name. But it turns out that I really LOVE everything about this place, especially the room, it's spacious (both bedroom & bathroom), nice & modern decor, comfy, equipped with quality amenities. Staffs are very nice, high serviced mind, they can speak English, just not that fluent, but good enough for basic communication. Onsen is nice, great view!

Overall, it's by far the best hotel I've stayed in Japan! (this is my third time to Japan, I've stayed in many hotels, but this one is the best compared with same range hotel).

It's not that near to JR station compared with many hotels, but it's not that far either, just 5-10 min on foot (from JR, just walk straight - once you crossed the junction, you can see the hotel building very clearly), and around 10 min walk to the city center (many restaurants and shops).

Can't find anything bad about this hotel. Only that it will be much better if they have a security entrance at female onsen (the security code like many onsen of other hotels that require female guests to enter the code before entering). But all in all, I'll surely stay here again for my next visit to Sapporo.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
sapporoクロスホテル, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Cross Hotel Sapporo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for staying at Cross Hotel Sapporo.
I am really glad to hear that you're happy to stay with us. We have many kind of room type & style. The deluxe twin room is Natural style which is 35 square. We also have Urban style and Hip style which are different style & size.

We select our amenities which are good quality. At Cross floor (15F-17F), there are more
special amenities.

We located the between Sapporo station and Odori station. It takes about 5 mins from both stations, so it is easy to access everywhere. There are a lot of good restaurants, next time you visit Sapporo, please le me show you good restaurants around our hotel!

We hope to see you again. Thank you again for all of your comments.

Front Maneger
Hisashi Hirano

Write a ReviewReviews (1,260)

A TripAdvisor Member
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Everything was perfect.
Service, location, clean room, etc...

When I go your hotel, I have a problem.
Because I have losted my passport.
But I have an image data of passport in my cell phone.
Then your staff help me to stay your hotel.
Next time, when I go Sapporo, I will be stay there again.
Thank U soooooo much for 3days.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
sapporoクロスホテル, コンシェルジュ at Cross Hotel Sapporo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for staying at Cross Hotel Sapporo.
I answered your phone call at that time.
Did you reissue your passport?
We are worry about your passport.

We are looking forward to seeing you next time.

Concierge
Manami Nishikawa

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My husband & I stayed 3 nights at the Cross Hotel Sapporo recently. We're very impressed with their service even before we arrived! I emailed the hotel to ask for a favor: could they help me to make table reservations at a restaurant in Sapporo and another in Otaru? Tomoko-san attended to my request immediately, emailed me the next day to say that reservations at both the restaurants had been made. Then another email followed one day later to "double" confirm the dates as Tomoko-san is worried that I may have made a typo error as the dates are 6 days apart! That really shows that staff at Cross Hotel really have the interest of their guests at heart, and they look into all the details too!

Of course our stay at Cross Hotel is good from the beginning to the end. Location is very good, room is clean, big & well equipped. We like the decor of the hotel and also the public bath. Couldn't commend on food as we didn't eat at their restaurants.

My husband had a minor accident on the way out of the hotel on our 3rd day. Knocked himself on the glass panel, and right eye was badly bruised. We went to the reception to ask for recommendation of doctor nearby. The staff quickly found an eye clinic which was just a block away. She called up the clinic to fix an immediate appointment for us and drew us a map to the clinic. We walked to the clinic in less than 10 min and the doctor attended to my husband straight away. He assured as that there is no serious injury to the eye and the bruise should clear in 7 days' time. Apart from this minor accident we had a fabulous time in Sapporo & Hokkaido.

A big thank you for being so caring :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
sapporoクロスホテル, 予約センター at Cross Hotel Sapporo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for staying at Cross Hotel Sapporo with us and for the complimens.
We are very happy to hear abou it.
I hope you enjoyed both restaurants in Sapporo and Otaru!!
And we are sorry about your husband got hurts his eye.
We hope he is fine now!
If you have chance to visit in Sapporo , we look forward to see you again !!

Best Regards,
Reservation
Tomoko Numai

Reviewed 18 May 2014

First stay in last October, regular twin room with natural style, nice layout and amenities, clean and bright, room size is ok for two persons but not much space for large suitcases. This 2nd stay, opted for a DX convertible twin room on Cross floor (16th), considerably larger space (35m2), excellent room layout with partition separating bedroom and living room. Living room equips with a sofa which can be converted into a twin-size bed. Since it's on a higher floor, can see some nice views from the room with great natural light. Overall, room is nice, clean, bright, with good amenities. Bigger room has larger space to relax and pack last minute shopping items. Location is almost in the middle between Sapporo station and Odori park, very convenient to stroll along.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dispong
sapporoクロスホテル, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Cross Hotel Sapporo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for staying at Cross Hotel Sapporo.
We are glad to hear that you like DX convertible twin room on Cross floor.
Our convertible room is popular for our guest.
Also Cross Floor (15F- 17F) has special bland amenity, coffee mill, bathlope, 2 towels for each
etc.
Please come back our room on Cross Floor again.

Front Manager

Reviewed 15 May 2014

The rooms here are VERY small. Which really - I don't care about. There weren't really any pillows and just one sheet, which was not very nice but the bathroom was great!
The location is PERFECT - especially if you're going to the Snow Festival.
One thing that put me off about this hotel was that we arrived, due to tons of flight delays, at 2am and we had a very difficult time getting inside of the hotel! There is an intercom but no one was answering!! Luckily - 2 very intoxicated people were returning and they let us in. There was someone at the front desk who signed us in but we were a bit confused as to why no one was able to buzz us up. I guess things like this happen but it was very stressful especially after spending 12 hrs trying to get there.

The breakfast buffet at this hotel is DELICIOUS and incredibly extensive and I would recommend that for sure. The staff was very friendly overall and the general environment of the place is very nice.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alex M

Thank you for staying at Cross Hotel Sapporo.
We are sorry about staffs did not answer intercom at 1:00AM.
After 1 AM, main entrance is closed for security.
We will be careful of intercom and will answer as soon as possible.

We are glad to hear that you like our breskfast buffet.
We also have lunch buffet.
Please try this, if you come back to our hotel in the future.

We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Front Manager

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This hotel is a good option if you are looking for a convenient location, a somewhat newer & sort of modern hotel, a fairly comfortable room, and all that at a reasonable price.
We stayed 2 nights here: the first night of our 1-week Hokkaido trip, and the last. We had a Deluxe Room for the first night - which was spacious but a bit worn out e.g. surface of the wardrobe doors were peeling off and wooden hangers inside were badly chipped. The Superior room we had for the last night was a bit cramped, with very basic room amenities and no complimentary water provided, however, this room looked much newer than the previous Deluxe room we had (but the hangers inside the wardrobe were also badly chipped).
Likes:
Good location - Cross Hotel is less than 10 mins walk to JR Sapporo station. Upon arrival in Chitose Airport, we took the JR Airport Express to JR Sapporo station (36 mins) followed by a few mins taxi ride to hotel (approx ¥670), swift & convenient. Shopping districts and abundance of restaurants within 10 mins walk as well.
Bathroom - The bathroom area took up almost one-third of the entire (Superior) room, hence, very spacious. The bath tub and shower area were very nice and new.
Good food nearby - There's a delicious dumpling place (right next to the hotel's front entrance) which opens till late at night. Also, a nice little cafe opposite the hotel offering simple but tasty breakfast at ¥550.
Dislikes:
Wifi- The Hotel claimed to have free in-room wifi but there were no signals in the two rooms we stayed at (coincidence?). Anyway, we notified the front desk and they gladly brought a router to our room.
Will consider Cross Hotel for our next visit if we can't find better options.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
sapporoクロスホテル, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Cross Hotel Sapporo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Thank you for staying at Cross Hotel Sapporo. I am glad that you are satisfied with staying with us. Our hotel is the betwwen Sapporo station and Odori station, so it is very convinience to go everywhere. Also there are a lot of good resrtaurants around our hotel.
I apologize that the surface of closet was peeling off and the hangers inside were chipped. We will fix it and change the hangers as soon as possible. Also we will check if there is a problem with wi-fi connection.
Thank you for your comment. I am looking forward to seeing you again.

Front Maneger

Reviewed 13 April 2014

i like the breakfast, it has plenty of choices as a buffet. But the room was way too small, but i guess thats just the way hotels in Sapporo are~

Clean, but no free bottle of water provided in the room is alittle disappointing~

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vivianxoxo
sapporoクロスホテル, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Cross Hotel Sapporo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for staying at Cross Hotel Sapporo.
We are sorry that you feel our room is too small.
We have more big room like a DX twin room.
Please try another room, when you come to Cross Hotel Sapporo.
Also if you make a booking on our webpage, you can choose some option.
(Bottle of water, Late check-out etc)
We are looking forward to seeing you next time in near future.

Front manager