“Excellent Hotel”

Richmond Hotel Sapporo Ekimae
Ranked #7 of 176 Hotels / Ryokan in Sapporo
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Stay with group at Sapporo and Obihiro, both locations are convenience. I am very impressed with their service, the receiptionist can speak English fluently in addition, they are so helpful. While I bought alot stuffs from Obihiro without proper packing, they just asked me to leave all the stuffs to them for repacking. By the time I finished my dinner back to hotel, they had repacked all the stuffs with the rigid carton and even placed the handle for us. With their warm care and smile, I have no excuse not to come back this hotels again. Thank you very much for all the staffs at Richmond Sapporo and Obihiro!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Hotel location is prefect. 7 mins walk from JR station. Beside JR station, you can find 2 big shopping malls Daimaru and Stellar Place. From hotel, you can also walk to most major attractions.
Room is small but that's common for all hotel rooms in Japan. You can also find a microwave and ice cubes machine at level 9. Room comes with free wifi, fast and realiable. My room also comes with an air ionizer machine... Nice! Basic room amenities are also provided.
Overall an excellent hotel in a central location.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Mimidichi
Reviewed 4 April 2013

My wife & I arrived hotel early (12:30pm), the room is not ready at that moment. We left baggage and go out for sightseeing. We came back around 7:00pm and front desk staff is nice and help us to check-in with good services and English speaking. Our baggage already moved to our room. The room is clean and size is okey, enough for two people. All furniture and equipment are new condition. The bath room same to normal Japan style - small, but it is all right. The major advantage is location, it just 5 minutes walk from JR Sapporo Station. Although the hotel room is not large, it is bigger than conventional "semi-double room" in Japan. It is very suitable for budget travelers and also want to close to JR Sapporo Station. It is my list hotel in Sapporo. Don't miss some travel information can be found in hotel lobby.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Julian_Kan
Reviewed 31 March 2013

next time I still chose your hotel and I love your promotion so much everything is perfect for me and my friend . After day we were so exhausted form storm in Otaru we back and relax in hot bath tube with your spacial bath powder before bed

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I usually choose the hotel in strange place based on trip advisor's rating. I tried the number one in Sapporo, the JR Tower, but it was fully booked, so I picked up Richmond Ekimae, and very glad that I made right choice. 1, I was lucky that I got a corner room, which has two windows and big size (more than 25 sm). 2. the hotel staff (they have only front desk people.) are very friendly and helpful. They recommended the restuarants, and made reservations for me. The restuarants are very good and reasonally priced. 3. The hotel is not luxury, but it has everything you need. For the price I paid, I think I got a steal. 4. The hotel is only two blocks away from JR station, very conviniently located in the center of the city.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Stay there for the last 2 nights of our trip at Hokkaido. The hotel located pretty closed to the south of Sapporo station. Price is very reasonable and the room size is good.
Even though it is quite closed to the station, bear in mind that if choose to reach the hotel in the subway, many stairs at exit 22. So we found our way going to exit 23 where there is lift on our way back to the airport, as we had 3 pieces of luggage.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Amy L
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Service was great, spoke good english, helped us with our itenary to different sites, Very friendly
Nice and clean and non smoking rooms are provided with request.
location was great, 5mins from jr station exit 22, ( be prepared to take your luggage up 4 flights of stairs) and then 10m walk to hotel from the exit, Go south and its odori park, can north and you get to tokyu store where u can take bus 88 for site seeing.
Rooms was generous for japan standards and if you moved the furniture around you can get 2 suitcases opened up but thats about it.
Didnt try the restaurant for food.

Overall i would definitely recommend to my friends and family with the cost of a bit over 100 dollars a night its not the cheapest but its definitely one of the best

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple