“Great view and best location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of JR Tower Hotel Nikko Sapporo

JR Tower Hotel Nikko Sapporo
Ranked #1 of 163 Hotels / Ryokan in Sapporo
Shanghai, China
“Great view and best location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2011

Stayed for one night during Ski Jump World Cup. We got south facing rooms with two twin beds. Rooms are clean and very quiet at night, I am not sure about other sides but we do have great view from our rooms. Funny thing was when we arrived at the hotel before 2pm (check in time), their bell team didn't allow us to walk near the front desk and told us that check in time is at 2 pm and we have to store our luggage. Then within minutes, someone from front desk came to us and invited us to check in.

Other than that, the hotel is in the central of Sapporo and right on top of the JR station. Which is easy to get to airport

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank samandjet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kaneohe, HI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2011

The greatest thing about this hotel was its location. It's connected to the JR Rail station in the heart of Sapporo, so it's not only near all the major attractions but you don't have to take more than ten steps from the door of the station to the passageway to the hotel. I found the rooms just a little bit smaller than I expected, but certainly large enough for a single traveler. I also didn't get the best view, my view being mainly of the train yards. I do love watching trains go by, so this really wasn't too big an inconvenience.

The service here was not up to the caliber of, say, the Mandarin Oriental, but it was definitely adequate. I lacked nothing, didn't have any problems with anything, and so it was good enough.

I especially enjoyed the spa on the 22nd floor, where you could enjoy a Japanese bath with a wonderful view of the main part of Sapporo, the view I actually wish I could have had from my room. It was large, clean and everything I would expect from a Japanese bath. I had a massage in the spa and it was very thorough and made me feel very good after a long day exploring the zoo at Asahiyama, which left me chilled to the bone.

The upstairs restaurant was well located, with a spectacular view, and with excellent continental food. The bar was very nice too, again with that great view. They have another restaurant which is not actually in the hotel but not far away, in the station area, and that had very exceptional French food. They also have a nice buffet breakfast, which is included courtesy of the special coupon they give you upon check-in.

All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel, mainly for its location, its modernity, its food and its spa. The only negative thing about the spa was that it didn't open until around eleven a.m., and if you have to leave in the morning you're robbed of the use of the bath before you leave. Other than that it was a fine experience, and probably the best hotel at which I stayed in Sapporo.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Whitsiepoo
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2010

We stayed here for two nights in Dec 2010 after our trip to Niseko.

Great location - right above the JR station - so convenient for us to take the JR Express to Chitose airport and the subway to Odori Park. We didn't even need to step out of the buildings to eat/shop - so it was cool to not have to bundle up in our many layers to go for dinner and shopping. And believe me, there was tonnes of shopping within a 10-min walking radius!! Rooms were of reasonable size and very clean.

We got a breakfast package and a choice of 3 restaurants. The first day we went to the one on the 38F - great selection and views, but they were a bit fussy when the kids made some noise. So we went to the restaurant on the 1F the next day - but the selection was really much poorer - so my advice is to go for the restaurant on 38F ! We didn't get to try the Japanese breakfast restaurant (but the 38F restaurant also offered that anyway)

I'd definitely stay here again the next time I visit Sapporo!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Toralina
Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2010

Well....this hotel is enough useful, however, some points I could mention has been modified.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank hirokinson
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2010

This hotel gets top marks for convenience. It is built on the city's central train station and connected to twos department stores, 1 to its left and 1 to its right, and the other major department stores within 5-10 minutes walking distance, so you can shop till you drop, recharge and shop again.

I was on a fly and drive tour and they have a large car park at the hotel as well as an open car park (cheaper) across the street.

The room is not large but reasoanbly comfortable. They have a spa centre which I did not use, but my family members found it to be quite good, as it opens till late, so you can use it before bedtime.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank golfplayer111
Canberra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2009

We always stay here in Sapporo - great views, location and each room has a lovely deep japanese bath. There is also an onsen on one of the higher floors. The location is excellent, right at the train station and opposite a car hire place. The rooms are modern, clean and quiet. Always a good base for exploring the areas around Sapporo.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CanberraTravelBug
Monaco-Ville, Monaco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2009

Paid about € 125 for single room which is very good value for this Nr. 1 hotel in town. Right inside the JR station and huge shopping complex, inclduing the observatory tower for great view of Sapporo surroundings. 40 min form Chitose airport by train. Very convenient.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo