Vessel Inn Sapporo Nakajima Park
JAPANiCAN.com
US$129
US$103
Agoda.com
Sapporo Prince Hotel(Sapporo)(Great Value!)
US$68
JAPANiCAN.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnakajima parksubway stationbreakfast buffetreasonable priceshort walkfresh sashimiscallopslarge suitcasescar rentalthe hotel is cleanwithin walking distancea wonderful stayrooms are nicejapanese hotelsbars and restaurantscheck in was smoothlaundry room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

So Sapporo I'm sure you realise is really cold. Nakajima Park is a good location if it weren't cold or absolutely pouring with rain and cold and windy when I went because it would be a short walk above ground from susukino which is the main nightlife district. From susukino up to sapporo station there is an underground walkway. Now in perfect weather staying around Nakajima koen would be brilliant. In not so perfect weather you need to take the subway which is a 5 minute walk on the same side as the hotel for one of the exits. Certainly quite good but would be perfect if it extended the walkway. Being the lazy person that I am I would stay one station closer in future so that I wouldn't have to worry about public transport and being above ground at all.

You have a nice park, the vessel inn is very nice and provides the usual amenities a Japanese hotel provides (toothbrush toothpaste razor and if you're female you get a body sponge and a selection of masks) with the usual toto square cube bathroon as with other business hotels and its single beds are pretty wide for a single bed. (Actually I think it was exactly the same size as the 'double' bed I had in Hiroshima which had to be shared). It's laid out well and you have a luggage rack and a table to write at.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Sandy D
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This hotel is extremely well-located with unbelievable service. They were extremely patient in accommodating my changes (I had a friend who wasn't sure if she was coming with us, and another whose arrival dates were very fluid at the time) and to boot, they offered to hold my room in trust, without needing a deposit from me (even though I did offer).

We arrived a little later than what we told them, and they held the room anyway. After check-in was completed, they gave us a selection of toiletries such as hair scrunchies, facial masks and special body lotions for us to use on ourselves. It was incredible. The rooms were also very large, well-furnished and came with a large comfy nightshirt for everyone in my room.

Housekeeping also helped us cleaned up our room and arranged our toothbrushes into their own individual cups; a nice and very appreciated touch. We stayed on the top floor, and thus got a beautiful view of the city at night and in the morning.

Room Tip: Top floor has a decent view of the city, depending on which side you get.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Naoko K
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel is an extremely short walk from Nakajima Park subway, but Susukino is within walking distance. There are 3 convenience stores around it, so there's no shortage of food. We had told the front desk we would be arriving late, and they would hold our booking as long as we showed up, and they held to their word - we reached around 8 PM with a room waiting for us! Upon checking in they gave us a basket of little luxuries to choose from (shower cap, various packets of lotions/masks/cleansers) before going in. Housekeeping always put our things neatly and it was a pleasant surprise returning from a long day to a very neat (but undisturbed) room.

The only reason the hotel gets one star less is on our last day we dropped a small bag for mailing our portable wifi between the wall and table and we couldn't get it out, but when my friend told the front desk our problem they just said, "Well...it can't be retrieved then, can it?" and did nothing else. Otherwise the stay would have been perfect. Recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank jvchoong
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed there twice recently and it's a great value hotel. The hotel is almost new, is clean, quiet and well-located. It's a few minutes to the subway station, and Nakajima Koen. You can also walk to the main shopping district towards Sapporo Station in 20-30 minutes. There are beer vending machines on every other floor. Some Japanese hotels can be very hot in winter, and from my experience the temperature cannot always be controlled. However, while this one is a little warm too, at least you CAN control the room temperature. Windows can be opened too. Breakfast is adequate, if not good, certainly for the price. You won't be disappointed here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marky_Mark4
ベッセルイン札幌中島公園, マネージャー at Vessel Inn Sapporo Nakajima Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you for choosing our hotel.
How was your trip? I am happy if you are satisfied.
Sapporo is very wonderful city for trip.
Our hotel and Sapporo city will welcome you at any time.
I am truly sorry for disturbing you during a busy time, but thank you for your cooperation.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Was trying to book my favorite Best Western Fino Sapporo, but was full and end up at this hotel in a different area. But it's a great new discovery!

The hotel is within 2mins walk from Nakajima Park subway station, but walkable (10-15mins) from the susukino where you can find all the great ramens and other food.

Hotel is new and staff are very friendly. Room was clean and facilities are great. They even defogged the mirror in the shower, which is i don't see even in 5-stars hotel in vegas! Height adjustable pillow make your sleep a little better. Convenient store are close by (it's hard to find place without a convenient store nearby in japan anyway...). Fantastic views since building in surround area are not tall and you should get pretty good view from majority of the rooms. A very good choice beside the fino!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo