Hotel Active Hiroshima
US$115
  • Restaurant
Oriental Hotel Hiroshima(Hiroshima)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$68
US$85
US$208
US$93
US$350
US$65
  • Pool
Hotel Sunroute Hiroshima(Hiroshima)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$79
US$65
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Chisun Hotel Hiroshima(Hiroshima)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$57
US$87
US$78
JAPANiCAN.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspoor japanesebusiness hotelthe peace memorial parkday passbefore check in timetwo nightscentral locationminute walkjapanese foodthe main train stationatomic bomb domejapanese hotelsstreetcarlobbyfloorluggagemicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I thought this hotel was fabulous.

The rooms are small - the bed took up most of the floor space, there was also a desk with mirror and chair squeezed in there, but I didn't spend much time at the hotel so didn't have a problem with that.

The breakfast was fabulous and included in the price, buffet style with a mix of both japanese and western foods (cereals).

There is a bus stop directly out front of the hotel which takes you everywhere you would want to go as a tourist in Hiroshima.

The website is in Japanese but you can send them an email (in English) to make a reservation.

I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hollings_85
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We've just stayed at the Hotel Active for 2 nights and I'd say it was the best of the hotels we stayed in during our trip. I'm a bit puzzled by the comments about the rooms being small, as they were bigger than the other 2 hotels we were at. It's in a great location, easy to get anywhere, breakfast is the best I've seen in a long time, so much choice. The hotel decor is really chic. There's free internet in the lobby with printing facilities (pay per page) and free coffee/tea/cocoa on each level. They also have washing machines and dryers (powder is free). Staff were very helpful - some more than others. I'd stay there again and I'd recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: We booked through the tourist information at the JR station on the day we arrived!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank WantokQueensland
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Was my third time in Hiroshima, second time staying at the hotel. The location was decent, wasn't that great but not that bad either. Rooms are decently clean like any of the business hotel chains in Japan like Toyoko Inn. However, the service is really really bad.

On the day I was supposed to check out, I woke up with very very bad stomach flu and was vomiting non-stop for over an hour or two. As such, when it was time to check out, the front desk called my room. I explained that I was sick and vomiting and needed some time, the guy just replied "one hour extra 1050 yen". I told him I just needed about 30 mins or so to try and stop vomiting, clean up the toilet, and carry my bags down, and I did not require a time extension. He replied "okay."

When I went down, he requested the 1050yen anyway, and looked like he won't allow me to check out unless I paid up.

I paid up anyway. Left my bags at the hotel and dashed to a nearby clinic to see the doctor immediately.

I will never, never, never, never, stay at this pathetic hotel again.

This is definitely the worst hotel in terms of service I have ever stayed in in my life so far. Even really cheap Hotel Chuo Group hotels near the Shinsekai area have way better service.

Pathetic.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank RyuWorks
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We spent 4 nights at the Hotel Active! in October this year. Organising a booking was a little difficult as the website contains very little English and responses to emails were sometimes a bit slow. Anyway with the help of the Hiroshima Tourist Information Centre we got there eventually. The hotel is located about 3 tramstops from the Hiroshima Station. It's just off the main street and easily seen. The staff at reception were very pleasant and there was usually at least one staff member with a good command of English. The room with ensuite bathroom is not large but sufficient and coupled with a very good breakfast represented excellent value. It's a 10 minute walk to the main shopping precinct and about 25 minutes to the A-bomb dome and Peace Park or you can tram it. There is a river about 5 minutes away with some cafe/wine bars which is a nice way of watching a bit of the world go by. If you have time ,a visit to Miyajima Island is a must as is a meal of Okonomi Yaki.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MrThrill
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Really worth the money :-)!, with free breakfast and coffee's and tea's near the vending machine. A typical business hotel like but can't really complain since it's already very cheap. Fantastic location too! Few mins walk from trams and shops :-)

• Stayed: August 2011