“Free breakfast was good”

Comfort Inn Hiroshima Heiwa-Odori
Ranked #48 of 121 Hotels / Ryokan in Hiroshima
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

I spent the New Year's Eve at Hiroshima. We booked quite on last minute and the reasonable rate with free breakfast, can't complain at all. Looks like the room we got assigned was vacant for a while because it was really dusty. The free breakfast included Japanese onigiri, bread, banana, yogurt, eggs and sausage. It was more than enough.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank abc55-77

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We are very impressed with the size of the rooms. They are very big by Japanese standard. We are also surprised that the beds are big and comfortable. Could not really complain for the price we paid. It is centrally located so easy to get to places. However it is off the main road so have to walk a few hundred meters to catch a cab.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I looked for an economy hotel in the center of the city near the bus terminal and the prefectural office. The Comfort Hiroshima was the best for me since it offered an attractive price though their location is very nice.
The hotel was better than I expected. Check in and check out were completed very quickly. The room was not wide but enough and I could found everything I expected during a short stay in a business trip. Free hot drinks is available at the ground floor lounge and I liked them and brought them several times to my room.
Free breakfast was excellent. They served rice balls, breads, soup, salads, sausages and eggs etc. The variety of foods are more than average economical hotels in Japan. Before 7 am, the restaurant was very crowded with many guests but there were enough tables to sit down. Although so many guests concentrates on this time, nothing was out of stock and I could enjoy the full variety of menu within a short time.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank komasan
Reviewed 8 May 2013

The other reviews in English of this hotel seem quite old. I thought it was great. Clean good room with nice (very small) bathroom, friendly reception, great location. Perhaps it has been renovated, or else my standards are lower than I think they are. I actually arrived in Hiroshima with no hotel booked, and asked the Tourist Info Center that straddles the exit from the shinkansen train (i.e. access to the TIC is from both sides of the turnstile as you exit). The TIC arranged my single room at fantastic value of $50 (about 5000 yen) a night for 2 nights.
I caught Tram Number 1 from the train station to the hotel, exiting at Chudenmae tram stop.
I think this hotel should be in the travel guide books but isn't - that might be why the reviews in recent years have vanished from Tripadvisor, except for me who stumbled upon it. Not world class, but superb value. .

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank PeteAus87
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We got a very good deal for a semi-double room for one night (approx $65 AUD) so we decided we would give it a shot as it was only a short stay. Although I read some other reports that semi-double beds are small, I didn't realise just how small. We travelled as a couple and the semi-double was barely bigger than a single. The bed and pillows were extremely uncomfortable/itchy and it was probably our worst accomodation during our 2 week trip to Japan based upon that. The bathroom is also tiny - the size of an airplane bathroom.

There was a complimentary breakfast which had plenty of options but was quite standard in taste, the staff were very helpful and the best thing about the hotel was its location. It was a short tram ride from the train station (10 mintues max) and within walking distance to everything you'd want to see (peace memorial park/museum, hiroshima castle and dinning area). In the future, I would pay a little extra to stay at another hotel in the same area. We visited the museum and peace park at dusk and it was a sad but beautiful place at that time of day.

We found a great 'hole in the wall' restuarant 10 minutes directly up the street that served amazing and authentic okonomiyaki, highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yellowsong777
Reviewed 12 August 2011

For travellers on a budget a good choice.
The hotel is excellent located in walking distance from the A-Bomb dome, Peace Memorial Park en Peace Memorial Museum.
The staff is friendly/
The rooms are small and outdated.
The hotel has free breakfast, free coffee service, free internet and a coin laundry.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jvdv
Reviewed 6 December 2010

We stayed 2 nights in the Comfort Hotel Hiroshima in november 2010. The hotel is at a 5 minutes walk from the Hiroshima Peace Park and there are supermarkets and resto's nearby. It is far from the trainstation ( we did it once on foot and it took us nearly 1 hour walk), so you need to take the slowly tram every time you has to go to the station. Tramstop is 2 minutes walk from the hotel. The hotel is not bad, but it looks like it has had its best time. Renovation is a must. Breakfast was good with western and Japanese choices. Reception is friendly and efficient, there are computers for free internet in the lobby, microwave in the lobby, free good coffee, tea and fresh water in the lobby (15 h - 24 h), The room has a very small bathroom, more like a cabin on a ship..., but everything you need is there. So the hotel is not bad, but is is just a pity that it looks so tired and old...

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple