Hotel Piena Kobe
US$91
US$87
US$73
Hotels.com
Daiwa Roynet Hotel Kobe Sannomiya(Kobe)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$61
US$171
US$74
  • Restaurant
Kobe Portopia Hotel(Kobe)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$70
Hotels.com
US$74
US$64
JAPANiCAN.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Sunroute Sopra Kobe(Kobe)
US$94
US$53
1,795 results
All reviewsbreakfast buffetsannomiya stationhotel roomminute walkwill stay there againlarge varietyshopping and restaurantschoose this hotellovely hoteldouble roomconvenient locationjamkitanolobbyjapancouchtrain
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Access
The hotel is in a quiet corner mid way between Sannomiya and Shin-Kobe station. It is about 15 min walk from either way. I find the hotel instruction to get there not very helpful. Maybe because I went there when it was about eight at night. My Google map on iPhone saved the day.

The check-in service was very good. The room was very clean and spacious. The amenities were new and sufficient for a travelling family. We came in with two kids, all wet after a day of snow sled. We could dry their stuff very conveniently in the rooms. The room was well ventilated with good heat. The beds were good size and comfortable. The bathrooms were good size too.

Breakfast
You could enjoy a variety of Western and Japanese food. I was lucky that I booked the breakfast. Food was great. Pastries are very nice. (People in Kobe seems to have a sweet tooth.) I did enjoy them very much.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Coconuttreeandme
Hotel_Piena_Kobe, 宿泊課 at Hotel Piena Kobe, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you for your stay and review. We are very glad that you had a nice time at our hotel and glad to have your great praises.
But we are sorry for bothering you about the access. We suppose that we had better try to improve our instruction.
We do appreciate your review about our service, room and breakfast. Our staff tries to make the room clean with careful check and selecting good amenities to have the guest feel comfortable. And we have the Simmons bed in all the rooms for nice sleep.
About breakfast, we are trying to make it only the hotel in Hyogo being particular about the place of production and stuff. The French toast baked in the morning, the pot-au-feu with fresh vegetables and delicious pork, and the pastry chef’s cheese cake are very popular. Your guess is right that Kobe city is famous for sweets.
When you have the opportunity to visit Kobe next time, we are looking forward to seeing you again. Thank you.

Hotel piena kobe front desk Tanaka

Reviewed 22 December 2013

This review is overdue.
My mum & I stayed for 4 nights in sept.

We arrived in the morning at KIM and took the airport bus to Sannomiya. We couldn't find our way there and got help from a friendly Kobe
lady who advised us to take a cab. We reached there abt 6 min.

We couldn't check in earlier and they kept our luggage.
The rooms were OK in size.
I enjoyed the breakfast.

Though it was reputed to have nice jams, both my mum and myself felt the 12 jams offered at buffet breakfast were only OK. Hence we didn't accept the offer of 1 btw of jam in exchange of room cleaning. Personally I love the tofu which was freshly made.

The staff were very helpful though they have difficulty in speaking English.
They would print for me maps to ensure I find my way from kobe to Kyoto and also when I left kobe for osaka.

Especially the receptionist by the name Ms Obata. A very pleasant and helpful lady who offered me different train routes to osaka. She even called the taxi Co. to check the taxi fare.

The location is a bit far from the Sannomiya train stn, about 15 min walk..

There are little gems around if you love walking-- it's near the local market where we get sandals, seaweed, green tea etc. Surprise find.

Would be inconvenient if there are elderly. Otherwise it's a good hotel and the Non - smoking rooms are completely smoke free.

It was a rainy season in sept but our hearts were warm. ..by Piena Kobe.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank anytoh
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The hotel is a little way out of the main area of Kobe up the hill. Had to lug our suitcases, backpacks and laptop bags up the hill in the rain from the JR railway station.

Was allowed to check in early, which was appreciated as we and our bags were wet.

The room was quite adequate with all the usual necessities, TV, tea/coffee making facilities, internet access, refrigerator, trouser press, desk and chair, sitting chairs and coffee table. Old style English/French country feel in the room. Lovely fabric on the chairs under the window. The room was quite big for a mid price room. The only problem for us was the hardness of the bed despite a 3 inch foam mattress on top of the usual one.. The bathroom had a good size bath tub and was great for a good soak after sightseeing. Also a good shower over the bathtub. The room had too much clutter so we put all the excess into the wardrobe to clear some surface space for our own belongings. No where really to put the second suitcase. Had to keep putting it on and off the bed. That was a nuisance.

We were asked when checking in if we would like to forego cleaning of the room as we were only staying 2 nights, in exchange for a 7000 yen voucher towards a jar of their speciality jam from the cafe beside the lobby. We accepted the offer and the jam was very good quality.

The hotel offered free good quality coffee/tea from the breakfast nook from 6pm until 10 am. Take away cups were also available so you could take it up to your room.

The staff were attentive, but had limited English and were sometimes difficult to understand.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LRMcK
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

Kobe!
Whose fault?
We decided to stop for one night in Kobe.. From tripadvisor reviews we chose this hotel and booked a semi-double room, which is slightly larger than a single but half the size if a double. Even the bed is like 1 1/2 twin beds put together. Not even a double! When we checked in, reception said that we booked a single room. We initially thought it was our mistake but when we double checked the email confirmation, we were confirmed for a semi-double! Trick or teeny tiny difference? For US$160 we expected much more. It was a 3-star hotel with a 4-star price.

The room was uncomfortably small for two people. we asked for an upgrade due to its size and they said it would cost an extra US$70. Plus, breakfast was not included. If we could get our money back for the pre-paid booking we would have left this place immediately. The non-refundable policy is the drawback to booking a hotel through Agoda or booking.com.

At this point I can't say that the hotel was bad, because maybe this is standard 3-star quality but in Japan it's possible find 4-star hotels at that same price... That s what happen to us. From Hiroshima kyoto Tokyo but apparently not in Kobe.

• Stayed: July 2013
10  Thank MagicMonday
Hotel_Piena_Kobe, マネージャー at Hotel Piena Kobe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear sir and madam

Great thanks for your stay our hotel.

At first we have to apology to you. We are very sorry about our mistake.

We checked your reservation. Your reservation was semi-double room.

And you stayed our semi-double room.

But clerk said single room, it was our mistake and our fault.

We regret that we couldn’t have your expect.

We promise that all the customer will be happy and comfortable and enjoy

with our kindness and tenderness.

Sincerely yours hotel piena kobe front manager

Reviewed 14 July 2013

The staff are very nice and willing to offer help any time.
I have booked a twin room and it is upgraded to a royal twin room.
The room is big with seperated bathroom and toilet and even a small balcony.
But my mum feel that the hotel is a bit old but I am ok with it.
The breakfast is delicisous. And the staff response fast and clean the desk timely.
One of the concern is the hotel is quite far away from the JR station. It is a bit harsh to go there with those heavy luagge.
To conclude, I think it is a nice hotel that I would recommend my friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family