Orbitz.com
Destinia.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I have no issues with the staff at this hotel, they were very helpful. The location was great, lots to see nearby and easy to get around Kobe and out into surrounding areas.

This is the second hotel I have stayed in within the APA chain, and it follows the same pattern as the first. The rooms are small. The other hotel I stayed in was at Shin-Kiba, and the room was larger there, in Tokyo. I would have thought that being a smaller city, Kobe's location would have meant a bit more space to move around in, but not so. If you are travelling on your own, chances are you'll be in the same size room I was in with my partner, in which case you should be fine for room. It was tight for two people.

The cafe downstairs offered breakfast buffet, so we decided one morning to take advantage of it, but it was also uncomfortably tight; it was hard to get in and around the tables and buffet stations.

If all you need is to sleep, and you want something cheap, do it. The location is fantastic. If you want enough room for one person to be standing up in the room while the other person walks past, maybe look somewhere else.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2012

it's cheap and good location.and it's eco-friendly
i like their Shisedo conditioner.

But the room is too small for 2 people. it's too tight.

Room tip: better for one people stay. too tight for 2!
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Located close to the Sannomiya Station. A convenience store and post office are a 2-minutes' walk away. Space was rather tight in the room: I found it alright since I only stayed a night, any longer and I may have felt claustrophobic. Receptionists were helpful, from offering to keep luggage before room was ready for check-in, to providing a guide on restaurants serving Kobe beef.

To sum up the facilities: no-frills.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Very close to the Kobe Sanomyia train station, though I'd recommend Google Map/Mapquesting it first, since it's one of the shorter high rises in the area and it's a block down from the main road. (unlike some other hotels right on the road which you'd have to be blind to miss). Rates are listed on their English website; bookings can be made online. Very good trimmings inside. However, the single sized room I was in was quite small; this should not come as a surprise but be forewarned. Those sensitive to smoking should be sure to book a non-smoking room; someone nearby was smoking and I could smell it; I don't mind but it was enough that it would have gotten my mom upset. All you can eat breakfast had eggs, sausage, salad, and a good number of other things for 1200 yen at the time of writing; I was quite satisfied. For other meals, there's a McDonalds down the block, a 7-11 two blocks away, and many others in vicinity. The train station and the area just ot the northwest (to say nothing of the Sogo) also have many food options (and were packed with shoppers and shops the Sunday afternoon I was there).

English Speaking staff is hit or miss, but a rudimentary amount of survival Japanese will be sufficient. The dude who checked me in on Saturday night had enough basic English to get the job done, and another woman the next day had decent English.

In all, I'd stay there again if I was in Kobe. Note that I'm a not very picky single traveler with lots of time in Asia. You may have different needs, especially if you're with family.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 January 2011

The hotel is rather cheap and well located, close to the Sannomiya station from where you can take a train to Osaka, Kyoto, Kansai airport etc. The staff at the reception is very nice but there might be problems with English. Rooms are clean, with tiny bathrooms, hair-dryer etc but very very small. Beds can be too short if you are taller than 180cm. Free internet in every room but no wifi. The hotel is generally clean but there is a strange smell in the corridors, but not in the rooms. Breakfast - buffet with some salads, meat balls, buns and cereals, light and good, every day exactly the same.
It is a good to place if you want to spend some nights in kobe and don't need a spacious room.

Date of stay: August 2010