“Great location...accross the street from JR Shin-Kobe Station” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe

ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe
Ranked #10 of 118 Hotels / Ryokan in Kobe
Hawaii
“Great location...accross the street from JR Shin-Kobe Station”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

There is a walk way connected from the JR station to the hotel. Great Service, nice and comfortable rooms. Lots of restaurants in the hotel. The front desk helped us book a two hour English language private taxi tour. We got to see a lot of Kobe for our one day stay. I can't find our taxi driver's card, but he was really good. It is driving me crazy because I want to be sure people know about him. The tour with him was so enjoyable and informative. The free breakfast was good. The staff helped me ransack my room when I misplaced my JR Pass. They even moved furniture. They called our taxi guide, but it turned out I had left it at the station when I visited the tourist information stand. The wonderful tourist advisor was the same one we saw the morning before, she recognized us immediately and took us to the gate she gave my pass to. Bless her, I feel terrible for not remembering names of all the great people who helped me, but I have added them to my daily prayers of blessing.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JeanRaphael, General Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear kanikani2,
Thank you very much for staying with us while in Kobe.
The team and I are very happy that you found our hotel to your liking and we are especially happy that you found our service excellent.
You could enjoy Japanese hospitality at its best and hope that you will be able to come back soon.
With my best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Hotel is ideally situated downtown and is close to many amenities. While you will find that rooms are small in Japan, especially the beds if you're from North America, I found the beds at this hotel to be very comfortable. The rooms themselves were a nice size including the washrooms.
I had the buffet breakfast and found that there was very good selection that included an omelet station. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JeanRaphael, General Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear westcanguy,
Greetings from Kobe and thank you for your review.
The whole team is thrilled that you enjoyed our facilities and location and that you had a sleep in our beds.
We are even happier to learn that you recommend our buffet breakfast. Your comment will be shared with the chef and the restaurant team and we will strive to improve it further till your next visit.
Looking forward to welcoming you again,
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed here for four nights from 25th August 2013 on a business trip. This hotel is excellently located 5 minutes walk from the main train station (I arrived by train from Tokyo) and slightly up on the hill overlooking Kobe. Being next to the station meant that there was easy access to the easy to use subway into downtown Kobe which in itself is a lovely city.

As for the hotel I found the whole experience very simple and easy - something that makes life much easier when you are tired and a little disorientated. The room and other services were perfect for a business traveller as I did not want lots of frills - although I understand they were there. My client was based at Kobe Airport and I found the location perfect for using the subway and Portway train. Taxi cost about 3,000yen which was reasonable but the subway train option was Y520 each way.

Breakfast and dinner were straight forward too - another key attribute for business travel.

As has been mentioned by earlier contributors the bar on the top floor had excellent views over Kobe and eating alone there one evening was not so bad given the view.

This is a really lovely hotel, excellent value for money and well located which I will definitely use again when next in Kobe.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Niall_Cleary
JeanRaphael, General Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Niall_Cleary,
On behalf of the staff of ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe, thank you your valuable feedback.
Our hotel is indeed perfectly located right next to the Shin-Kobe Shinkansen station and right above the subway station, making every area of Kobe easily accessible.
I am particularly happy that you enjoyed your room and our restaurant Level 36 which commands great views of the city.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.
Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

You can't miss it as you leave the Shinkansen Station so no problem finding it! Quick check in and an excellent room with views over the town (32nd floor). I reserved a Club Floor room, so we had afternoon tea and pre-dinner drinks as well as breakfast in the Club Lounge. Breakfast was especially good with a large selection which the staff kept replenishing even towards the end of the session. Good swimming pool. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hampshire-resident
JeanRaphael, General Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Dear Hampshire-resident,
Thank you very much for your comment regarding your recent stay with us.
The team is very happy that we could provide you with a comfortable stay in one of our club rooms and that you enjoyed the unique benefits associated with it.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.
United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Spent two weeks in July. Extremely responsive staff. Very good services. Was benefiting from the executive floor facilities. Enjoyed them very much.

Received top consideration and resolution to any of my queries. Really outstanding.

This was my first stay/trip ever in Japan, and certainly the excellent General Manager and his staff made me want to discover Kobe and Japan further. Thank you to the great guest relations manager as well.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Steph2310
JeanRaphael, General Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
Dear drinkmilo,
Thank you very much for your kind comment, especially regarding our guest relation team and the club floor facilities. The whole team tries hard to make sure all our guests are well looked after.
We are looking forward to your next visit at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe.
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Stayed here after taking the bullet train (shinkansen) from Kyoto and it was ideal--a short walk from the shin-Kobe train station (basically connected to the station by a walkway) and so convenient. If you have luggage it will save time and energy. Had thought about staying down in Harbourland instead, but am glad that we chose to stay here for the convenience. The mall that is attached to the hotel is incredibly expensive, and so not like many malls that are attached or nearby train stations in Japan which offer a range of restaurants and stores, but a short subway ride to Sannomiya and other parts of Kobe gets you to interesting places. The other good thing about the location of the ANA Crowne Plaza is that it is next to the gondola ride that takes you up to the top of the mountain where you can see the whole of Kobe and the harbour.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank FrequentTravellerCAN
JeanRaphael, General Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Dear FrequentTravellerCAN,
Thank you very much for your review of your last stay at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe.
Our location is indeed excellent for both business and leisure and together with the hotel's restaurants the selection of eateries in the shopping center is very wide.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon,
With my best regards,
ubud
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Love this place, great location, near the bullet train station. Hotel room is nice, everything perfectly maintained. Staff are very helpful. They have different options of pillows, and freebies for a better night sleep.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank serendiptus
JeanRaphael, General Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Thank you very much for your comments.
I am particularly happy to hear that our staff were helpful and that you enjoyed our Sleep Advantage program.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon in Kobe.