“A hotel with a millon dollar view.”

ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe
Ranked #10 of 117 Hotels / Ryokan in Kobe
San Mateo, California
“A hotel with a millon dollar view.”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Stayed in October and the room was spacious and the view was fantastic on the 28th floor.
Yes, the rooms could use some TLC but the are clean and comfortable. The fact that the hotel is only a five minute walk from the Shinkansen seals the deal.I would stay stay at this hotel the next time I am in Kobe.

Room Tip: There are a number of restaurants just below the hotel on the first floor that offer a variety of f...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
JeanRaphael, General Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear rp-yp,
Thank you very much for commenting on your recent stay at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe.
We really value our guests reviews and yours is clearly mentioning that we are on the right track to deliver the proper level of service.
As you mention, we are also ideally located above a complex with many eateries and excellent access to public transportation.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in Kobe.
With my sincere thanks,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I was "in and out" of ANA Crowns 3 times over the last 2 weeks. Service each time was excellent. The rooms were comfortable but as per other reviews, somewhat dated. Location is very good for the train and only a short stroll down the hill to the main shopping area of Kobe. Executive class rooms come with a complimentary breakfast on the 37th floor. The breakfasts were very good, the views are fantastic.
Overall a "solid performer".

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
JeanRaphael, General Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Ian T,
Thank you very much for your staying recently at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe.
The team and I are very pleased that you could enjoy your latest stays with us.
We especially noted that you liked our club lounge, where breakfast, tea time and cocktails are offered complimentary to guests staying in club rooms.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The hotel decor is a little dated, but the rooms are quite nice. The location is extremely good with Shin-Kobe station located quite close and Sannomiya being a short subway or 15 minute walk away. The breakfast offers up quite a variety while being a little on the pricey side.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a city view, it's quite a nice view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mario M
JeanRaphael, General Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Mario M,
Thank you for your recent stay at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe.
As you mention the hotel is ideally located for both business and leisure, but we also pride ourselves with our breakfast. With more than 80 different dishes, it has one of the best value for money in the city.
Thank you again and looking forward to welcoming you again.
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

We checked in to the Kobe Crown Plaza expecting the same wonderful service we experienced in every other Japanese hotel, but were disappointed. When we checked in, the staff acted very confused as to why my partner and I wanted just one bed. I said "yes, just one bed" very politely, and then they finally started to be a bit more accommodating. it may be just something they don't experience too often, but they are in the hospitality industry and should treat all guests equally. The rooms are fine, but the tea pot did not work, the chairs were stained and the 'feeling' of the hotel is similar to a business hotel with no soul.

It is convenient to the train station, yet very quiet, so that was certainly a plus.

Over all, we liked the location, but the experience with the staff could have been a bit better.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
JeanRaphael, General Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear WWDWD1,
Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at our hotel.
Please accept my apologies for the confusion upon checking regarding your preferred room type. You are correct in your assumption and we should as hoteliers be ready for all situations.
Regarding the facilities themselves we are in the planning stages of upgrading some of our rooms and hope you will have an opportunity in the future to find that they have been improved. I dare to say that service levels will be improved much sooner.
Thank you again for your comments, as this is the only way for us to improve further.
Hawaii
Reviewed 29 September 2013

There is a walk way connected from the JR station to the hotel. Great Service, nice and comfortable rooms. Lots of restaurants in the hotel. The front desk helped us book a two hour English language private taxi tour. We got to see a lot of Kobe for our one day stay. I can't find our taxi driver's card, but he was really good. It is driving me crazy because I want to be sure people know about him. The tour with him was so enjoyable and informative. The free breakfast was good. The staff helped me ransack my room when I misplaced my JR Pass. They even moved furniture. They called our taxi guide, but it turned out I had left it at the station when I visited the tourist information stand. The wonderful tourist advisor was the same one we saw the morning before, she recognized us immediately and took us to the gate she gave my pass to. Bless her, I feel terrible for not remembering names of all the great people who helped me, but I have added them to my daily prayers of blessing.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
JeanRaphael, General Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear kanikani2,
Thank you very much for staying with us while in Kobe.
The team and I are very happy that you found our hotel to your liking and we are especially happy that you found our service excellent.
You could enjoy Japanese hospitality at its best and hope that you will be able to come back soon.
With my best regards,
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Hotel is ideally situated downtown and is close to many amenities. While you will find that rooms are small in Japan, especially the beds if you're from North America, I found the beds at this hotel to be very comfortable. The rooms themselves were a nice size including the washrooms.
I had the buffet breakfast and found that there was very good selection that included an omelet station. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
JeanRaphael, General Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear westcanguy,
Greetings from Kobe and thank you for your review.
The whole team is thrilled that you enjoyed our facilities and location and that you had a sleep in our beds.
We are even happier to learn that you recommend our buffet breakfast. Your comment will be shared with the chef and the restaurant team and we will strive to improve it further till your next visit.
Looking forward to welcoming you again,
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed here for four nights from 25th August 2013 on a business trip. This hotel is excellently located 5 minutes walk from the main train station (I arrived by train from Tokyo) and slightly up on the hill overlooking Kobe. Being next to the station meant that there was easy access to the easy to use subway into downtown Kobe which in itself is a lovely city.

As for the hotel I found the whole experience very simple and easy - something that makes life much easier when you are tired and a little disorientated. The room and other services were perfect for a business traveller as I did not want lots of frills - although I understand they were there. My client was based at Kobe Airport and I found the location perfect for using the subway and Portway train. Taxi cost about 3,000yen which was reasonable but the subway train option was Y520 each way.

Breakfast and dinner were straight forward too - another key attribute for business travel.

As has been mentioned by earlier contributors the bar on the top floor had excellent views over Kobe and eating alone there one evening was not so bad given the view.

This is a really lovely hotel, excellent value for money and well located which I will definitely use again when next in Kobe.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Niall_Cleary
JeanRaphael, General Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Niall_Cleary,
On behalf of the staff of ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe, thank you your valuable feedback.
Our hotel is indeed perfectly located right next to the Shin-Kobe Shinkansen station and right above the subway station, making every area of Kobe easily accessible.
I am particularly happy that you enjoyed your room and our restaurant Level 36 which commands great views of the city.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.