“Getting better and better”

ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe
Ranked #9 of 120 Hotels / Ryokan in Kobe
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Having visited Kobe several times, my experience with ANA Crowne is getting better and better.
Last room, high and with great view over the city but also the hills behind.
Well located for the Shin-Kansen but also very close to Sannomiya, business and shopping as well as small and charming restaurants with great fresh food.
Service outstanding and comfort granted. Excellent breakfast with lots of different options. Sometimes busy because of large groups.
If you like to do some exercise early in the morning, nothing better than a walk on the hills behind the hotel. There is a nice one from the Railway station up to the dam that supplies fresh water to the city. A couple of nice waterfalls on the way to the artificial lake. Shinikuta-gawa River.
You will cross a lot of people, mainly seniors hikking, walking and even jogging uphill. Extremely polite and always wishing you a Good day, in Japanese, of course!

Room Tip: As usual, high rooms are the best.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
JeanRaphael, General Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Fenoswiss,
Thank you very much for your recent review of your stay at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe. As general manager it is great to hear that you feel our hotel is becoming better at keeping our promise of creating Great hotels Guests love!
I am particularly happy to hear that you enjoy our service and hope to be able to keep on providing this.
Looking forward to welcoming you again soon,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,137)

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Lovely views and rooms. Shame you had to pay for the pool but great location. Central to rail line and shopping area. Good choice at breakfast....never ate in the restaurants in the evening as went out every night. Would go back

Room Tip: High up is good but lots of great views all round
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sue A,
On behalf of all the staff here at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe, thank you very much for your review following your stay with us.
We are very happy that you could enjoy your stay and our facilities. In regards to the fee for the pool usage, I recommend that next time you try our club rooms, as pool and gym are complimentary when staying on club floor., in addition to having access to the lounge on the 37th floor.
Thank you again and looking forward to welcoming you again soon,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel is well located, literally connected to the Shinkansen and subway stations. Having had stayed in some very small rooms for over a week, it was nice to have a room that had alot of space, even by western standards. The room was also very good value as well. The staff at the check in were also very helpful, interpreting and fixing up my botched booking job (my fault) and they also booked us in for a tour themselves the next day on our behalf.
Kobe was also a very good base for seeing Osaka, as it is only a 13 minute train trip away. It saved us lugging around our suitcases again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
JeanRaphael, General Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear NorthmeadGlenn,
Thank you very much for your review of your latest stay at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe.
The team is really happy that you enjoyed the size of our rooms and the services we provided.
That we could help you fixing some of your bookings is an added bonus. We strive to please and provide support when needed.
We are looking forward to seeing you again during your next trip,
With my best regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

So i went on a business trip to Kobe in the most friendly weather...Winter, haha.

Ana Crown's location is one of the big plus on my trip since it has few alternative ways going to my workplace. It's also located where the famous Shinkansen line is.

Checking in was smooth, front desk staff were very polite and helpful, almost no waiting time. I was assisted by a pretty Japanese (of course) hostess to my room.

The room was really nice, very clean and neatly tucked. The toilet was equally clean. Lots of space within the room. And the view, Spectacular! With a large glass window you can see almost the whole of Kobe and part of Rokko Mountain. Every sunrise is like a new experience. The view at night was even more awesome. I never watched the TV, I just stared outside the window. I can watch the snowfall the whole day.

The buffet has two major variety; Inter-continental, western and traditional Japanese. It's really great, lots and lots of choices...i didn't get bored on my 2-week stay...

Every time i go out and come back i'm greeted by friendly staff at the lobby. friendly and pretty staff...they'll offer you to carry your bag and assist you to your room.

Laundry services are very satisfactory.

Info like directions to places, bus location and timing; the staff are very helpful and explains it carefully.

Checking out was as smooth as checking in, very fast and no hassles.

It just surprised me they only exchange US dollar to Yen, but they directed to a place where i can exchange other currency.

Overall, it was a great experience!!!

Room Tip: the higher the room the better.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
JeanRaphael, General Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Apol Q,
On behalf of all the staff here at ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel Kobe, allow me to thank you very much for your review following your stay with us.
I am pleased to read that your stay was enjoyable all the way, and will definitely pass on your kudos to our team.
With my best regards

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stopped for two weeks in the Crowne Plaza, overall my experience was good but it could have been much better.
The room (2811) was a twin on the 28th floor, was clean and comfortable however, its decor was dated, in particular the bathroom which was of a very strange layout.
I found the air conditioning either too much or, not enough and the controls were very basic.
Service in the hotel was "ok" however I do think that the desk staff could have been more helpful.
Breakfast was amazing and almost every combination of food s was available, however the europeans amongst us were not catered for very well in the cereal department and the tea on offer was vile, the coffee was not much better either.
Food in the restaurants was hideously overpriced and, unremarkable, the beer at 1000 yen for a tiny glass was best avoided as well. Eating and drinking was best done outside of the hotel complex, better variety and value for money being available within 5 minutes walk of the hotel.
The leisure facilities (gym and pool) are excellent but strangely they want over 1000yen for a locker regardless if you are a resident or not, so I didn't use them.
Transport links, taxis and trains are excellent once you have navigated the maze of corridors, escalators and lifts to access them.

It served its purpose which I think is what they are used to doing however, if you are looking for something special, I think there may be better options.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Billy R,
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us here in Kobe.
Please accept my deepest apologies for the inconvenience you encountered during your 2 week stay in our hotel.
We do have some structural issues but average staff service is not what we proud ourselves of.
I wish we could have met at some point during your stay, so I could have dealt with them on the spot, especially the access to the gym or the pool.
I hope you will be able to give us another chance to make your next stay a memorable one for good reasons only.
Do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have another opportunity to visit Kobe.
With my best regards,

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Room was bit old but still good in maintenance. Sanitary is good, just the interior a bit old. The advantage of this hotel is very close to the Shin Kobe station (shinkansen) , this is the station you can take Shinkansen directly towards Tokyo, it's only take few minutes walk with roof cover corridor to the station. Also that, there is a Supermarket at the basement. If you take taxi go to the shopping area, like Daimaru Department store will take you around 10mins.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
JeanRaphael, General Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Cityflyer418,
Greetings from Kobe!
On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for your selecting our hotel and for your comment about your stay.
We are happy that you could enjoy your stay and the great location of our hotel.
The team is looking forward to welcoming you again soon,

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed on the club floor and it was lovely. The room was alittle out dated but we would stay again. We had breaky on the 37th floor as well as evening drinks as we were in a club room. Had a drink at The Bar which was great atmosphere. I had a massage at thr spa and it was thr best massage I have ever had. Precision all the way.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jodie D,
Thank you very much for choosing ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe for your recent trip in Japan.
The team was very happy that you appreciated our club lounge and bar service. We are striving to live by our mission of creating Great Hotels Guests Love and when we succeed it give us even more motivation. Your great massage experience at the Angsana Spa pleases us particularly, as we are proud of the skill of our therapists.
Thank you again, and looking forward to welcoming you again in Kobe soon,