“Could Not Expect More.”

Ranked #54 of 117 Hotels / Ryokan in Kobe
Uji, Japan
“Could Not Expect More.”
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Received free upgrade upon arrival to the Hotel. The size of the rooms given is far bigger from any other ordinary rooms available in Japan. You'll be happy with the location of the hotel since it is only a walking distance to Meriken Park or Kobe's China Town plus near the main JR Station. For me, the hotel is one of the best !

Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Chiangmai
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Kobe Plaza Hotel is not within the Japanese Railways (JR line): If you're on the super-express, you will be arriving at Shin-Kobe, and you need to change to Kobe station, then change for Motomachi stop. The best is to take the cab for just over 1,000yen from the train station to Kobe Plaza. Motomachi has an ugly, tacky Chinatown, but around it, there is a lot of buzz, and great shopping. It is a good location. The hotel rooms are good, the hotel offers great value for money, and the staff are efficient. There is a common computer near the reception for guests to use. I will definitely stay here the next time I return to Kobe.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hilltriber
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Service is great but the receptionist can't speak English! They upgraded our room because the room I booked wasn't ready yet(great). Bad things is that the Internet isn't stable and they don't provide wifi(sad thing).

Stayed March 2012
Napier, New Zealand
Reviewed 28 June 2012

My wife, daughter and I stayed there for one night last year during summer. I was born in Kobe and had not been back for 41 years. The 1995 Hanshin Earthquake certainly changed the city.

The hotel, like many found in Japan is efficient and staffed with capable and language savvy front desk staff. I speak Japanese (Kansai-ben) so language is never a problem.

We arrived into Kansai airport early in the morning therefore arrived at the hotel far too early to check-in. We asked but they politely refused, which is fair enough. They accepted our large suitcases for storage until check-in time. When we checked out the next morning, front desk staff happily accepted our large suitcases for futher storage until the next day afternnon as we planned to travel to Kyoto and stay the night there, then come back to Kobe and pick up the bags late in the afternoon to catch our flight from Osaka. This service we appreciated very much.

The rooms were small but neat and tidy. The bathroom/toilet is just as another reviewer srg91 described quite succinctly as "an airplane bathroom with a shower in it". The hotel is well serviced and is comfortable enough for those who's main aim is to get out and see the sites and treat the hotel simply as a place to crash at night.

I would definitely stay there again due to it's central location. A curry house two doors down; MacDonalds around the corner; Motomachi train station across the road; Motomachi covered shopping centre around the corner and down an alley; Daimaru department store just futher down from there; Sannomiya train station 10 mins walk away; only a brief taxi ride to Meriken Park, Mosaic shopping and activity centre. You don't need to stray too far from this hotel to fill your visit with food, shopping, and activities.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Two friends and I stayed here for a couple of nights while on a short break in Kobe and were pleasantly surprised by the hotel and its location. Not only was the room itself lovely (although the bathroom, which looked like an aeroplane bathroom with a shower in it, left a little to be desired) and well-looked after by the cleaning staff, but the hotel is just opposite Motomachi station and is only a short walk away from other attractions, like China Town, some shopping areas, a great little cat café and, a little further away, Harbourland and the European-inspired shopping centre, Mosaic.

The staff were friendly and seemed to speak English (but we did all of our communication in Japanese), and the lobby is attached to a nice little café and is a stone's throw away from many more cafés, restaurants, fast food places and more.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Delft, The Netherlands
Reviewed 16 September 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in late August. There was an international conference in Kobe during that week (which my boyfriend was attending) and this was one of the few hotels that still had single rooms left. I booked the room through Expedia and got a very low price, so I was totally expecting a worn out closet with no windows, far from the pretty promotional photos shown above. To my surprise, I did get one of those new and modern and spotless rooms. The bed was large and very comfortable and I liked the abundance of mirrors. The bathroom was, however, ridiculously small. As a short/small girl, it was fine for me, but it was probably one of the smallest bathrooms I've seen during my trip. The Shiseido soap/shampoo distributor was a neat idea, though. I could occasionally hear the announcements from Motomachi station, but they didn't really bother me. The staff was nice, helpful and particularly enthusiastic when I tried to speak Japanese (but they did their best to communicate in English too). The hotel is easily within walking distance of Sannomiya, which makes things very convenient whenever you need to get anywhere in the city.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo