Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
SwaySlayer
Melbourne, Australia

Comfort and well positioned.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 May 2024via mobile
I looked at a few different areas to stay in for my visit to Kyoto and I am so pleased I picked this hotel and location. The hotel is literally around the corner from Karasumaoike station and is a manageable walk to places of interest (Imperial Palace, Nijo Castle, Gion, Pontocho Alley) as well as being surrounded by plenty of restaurants, cafes and shopping options.

The hotel itself is lovely - neat, modern and (very) compact rooms with the basics more than covered. There really is no storage space whatsoever - I had to Macgyver the chair and stool to balance my (medium-sized) suitcase - and as many others have mentioned, the washer-dryer takes up a good bit of space. I did one load which took 5 hours to wash and dry, but after I too my clothes out they were still damp. I had to air dry everything - hanging items on all available items and surface areas!

There was absolutely no noise at all in the room, either from the hotel or externally which made for an excellent sleep.

The pillows were, as per most hotels in Japan, pretty lumpy and hard but I made do. Usually I’d ask for a softer pillow but I wasn’t staying long.

I didn’t use any of the other amenities but there is a nice reception area with a coffee machine and an area to refill any toiletries you may need.

I would definitely stay here again and happily recommend to any solo travellers looking for a reasonably priced, well-positioned and safe location.
Date of stay: May 2024
Room Tip: Make sure you take Exit 6 when you leave Karasumaoike station. Right out the station, right at...
Trip type: Travelled solo
    £61
1.6 miles from Tokyu Stay Kyoto Sanjokarasuma
Free parking
View more hotels in Kyoto
All reviews subway station washing machine with dryer room with twin beds great hotel hotel is located main building within walking distance location was perfect by foot microwave toiletries lobby conditioner soap sink yen bus
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 January 2024

I got this hotel from Aul & Rinka Youtube vlog. Straight away choose to stay here because they have washing machine in the room! The best decision ever, as a family it really helped our stay in Kyoto to be more efficient with laundry. They have free flow of coffee and tea in the lobby. There is 7-eleven right around the corner and Holly's cafe near there that opens until around 10 pm.

We were kinda left to Japan in a rush, so we missed to bring our power plug converter, and the hotel can provide one to rent with 100 yen deposit. Really helpful and thoughtful! I love staying here.

Room tip: Check in at 3 pm, check out at 11 am.
Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2023

We had a room in the Annex building. You have to check in at the main building first. The room and bathroom were spacious. I wanted a quiet room, and this room was very quiet. The window faced the building next door, which was less than a foot away, aka no view, but I didn't care. Bed was comfortable.

We had a washer/dryer in the room, so it was super convenient. We were not used to the 2 in one machine, and there were a lot of buttons ...it took us a couple of tries to get it right. They included detergent (it's the spray kind).

The bathroom was fantastic: rain shower, hand held shower head, and a huge tub. Excellent water pressure.

One minus is that the rug had a huge stain on it. Another is that, since this is the Annex building, you have to call someone in the main building to refill the milk in the Espresso machine in the lobby.

Room tip: Forgot to mention that there is no housekeeping in the room, except they will replace your towels.
Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2023

This was the best hotel we stayed in during our three weeks in Japan. A very large comfortable bed, a very large room by Japanese standards, great aircon, lovely deep hot bath, with loads of hot water, safe deposit box, lovely helpful staff. Convenient for the metro, and with excellent restaurants close by (Goyza OHSHO is fantastic, and is on the same street).
Like most Japanese hotels there is very little storage, despite there being room for loads. The washing machine is the size of a wardrobe for example!! Would definitely stay here again. Well done to the team.

Room tip: Can be hard to find first time, so make sure to print off a map before getting on the train.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

4 ★
3 ★
2 ★
1 ★
Reviews on other travel sites

Trip.com
4.6/5 · 230 reviews
Reviews
Search reviews

Jace Lim
5/5
5 days ago on Google
I am absolutely glad we booked this hotel.
The main reason we booked this is because there is a washer/dryer in every room.
We booked the family room and they are all located at the Anex building.
The main building and Anex building are seperated by about 3 blocks. It is just a few seconds walk from the main building to the Anex building.
There are no hotel staffs stationed at the Anex building though, so if you need assistance you need to phone them or walk to the main building.
There are free coffee machine, tea, ice, hot water and various amenities located at the lobbies of both building.
The location of this hotel is a short 5mins walk to the subway station and a 2mins walk to 7-11 convenient storeand 6mins walk to McDonald's and Lawson convenient store.
The hotel is beautifully furnished with modern touch to the rustic buidling of Kyoto.
The family room that we chose consist of Futons and Modern Beds.
There is a humidifier in the room
Shower water pressure is very strong
Wifi signals are fantastic.
TV is at least 46 inch wide
Multiple charging ports available even at the headboard section of the beds.
Just like other hotels in Japan, you need to stay over a certain number of nights for them to do daily house keeping. However, they do provide changing of towels Daily as long as you stick the magnet label outside your room door before you head off for the day. They just dont make your bed or wash your toilet, etc.
The shower, conditioner, etc are of the famous Polar brand.
The only thing that i wish to criticise is that the staffs don't speak good English, and i am fully aware that i am in Japan and Japanese don't speak good english, but the hotel staffs being in this industry should at least have a certain degree of basic understanding of English language.
I will give an example,
I am requesting for new bottle of Shower Soap, they do not understand and had to send a personnel to my room to see what i meant.
I am requesting that they change the battery of the safe box in my room due to low battery and they had to transfer the phone call 2 times to finally get what i meant.
Just take note that you will need to be patient when speaking to them to get them to understand what your inquiries are. Every staff holds a handheld device for translation purposes though.
Besides the slight annoyance due to language barrier, this hotel deserves way more than 3 stars hotel ranking, it felt more like a 4 stars hotel.
Absolutely fantastic and deserved praise.
I would definitely stay here again in future.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2023 via mobile

Very nice hotel! Our family stayed here for 2 nights and enjoyed it. It’s located in a quiet neighborhood, walking distance to the train station and other sightseeing spots. The rooms are nice, clean and spacious, good for families or groups. The hotel has a very nice vibe.

Trip type: Travelled with family