“A part of Japan you can take home”
Review of Eat Kyoto

Eat Kyoto
Ranked #11 of 70 Food & Drink in Kyoto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Eat Kyoto provides cooking experiences for visitors to Japan's ancient capital! Each class lasts 2 - 3 hours and can be delivered in English or Spanish! Learn local cooking skills and techniques and prepare a full meal under the guidance of experienced local chefs. Head home with great memories, a full stomach and enough information to recreate everything on our menu in your own home!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

This class was so fun and yum! I’m normally a terrible cook and the easy step-by-step instructions made me feel like I was a natural and I am confident I could cook the dishes on my own. The class is family friendly too - I attended the class with my toddler and he got to play with some toys and get involved when he felt like it. He especially loved making noodles from scratch. Aya was so friendly and accomodating with my son, she made the lesson easy to follow and created a fun atmosphere. I felt like I was in a room with friends and my son and I went home with two full happy bellies. I now have practical take-home knowledge about Japanese food and feel like I learned new skills. The dishes were delicious and when I get back to Australia I will have some wonderful recipies I can confidently make for my family. I was totally hooked on this class and I’d highly recommend it. Mostly because it really is something I will be able to do in my own home. Suitable for anyone from total foodie to reluctant cook. It’s inspiring.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"instructions"
"fun"

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I joined a cooking class with my hasband and friends. I had so much fun cooking ramen from scratch. For Japanese people, we don't know the recipe so it was definately worth doing it.
The chef, Aya, was very friendly and explained everyting very well so that even people who don't usually cook can understand. She gave us the recipes in the end so that we can cook them at home, which is super nice. I will bring my hasband's family to the cooking class for sure next time they are in town. Also, the knife i used for the cooking class was amazing. As soon as you started using it, you can tell how different it is from others. Japanese knives are one of the best gifts.
オーストラリアから友達が遊びに来ていたこともあり、アメリカ人の主人と主人の友達と4人で参加しました。献立が日本人でも一から作ったことがないラーメンなので、ワクワク!そして、内容は期待以上の物でした。 シェフのAyaさんが調理工程を丁寧に教えてくれるので、料理を普段しない人でも安心して作ることが出来ます。そして、自分で調理したラーメンを食べた時の感動ったらありません。外国からくるお友達等を是非連れて行ってあげてください。120%満足してくれること間違いなし。仲間と最高の思い出を作ることが出来ました。本当に参加してして良かったです。また、場所も人気の祇園・八坂エリアにあるので散策のついてに参加できるのもいいですよ

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I went with a friend and his wife to attend an Eat Kyoto cooking session, and it was a night to remember! The opportunity to make ramen from scratch (including noodles), along with traditional Japanese cucumber salad and Japanese fried chicken was impossible to pass up, and I am so glad I joined! Aya was very helpful and spoke English fluently, and she helped a novice cook like myself make a delicious and visually-appealing meal!

Please, by all means, try this experience if you can!