“Beautiful food and lots of fun”

Kyoto Kitcho Hotel Granvia-branch
Ranked #636 of 12,280 Restaurants in Kyoto
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shimogyo-ku
Denver, CO
“Beautiful food and lots of fun”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Our party of 5 went to Kitcho Granvia our last night in Kyoto. I had read that if you visit Kyoto you really should try to have a Kaiseki meal and, having done so, I totally agree. We chose the Granvia due to its proximity to our hotel -- if I was to go again, I would probably choose one of the other highly rated restaurants. As others have said, there are numerous Kitcho's in Kyoto.
This restaurant is not much to look at -- I was surprised at how plain the decor was -- and its location is along the row of many restaurants inside the Granvia hotel. However, the staff is lovely and extremely service oriented. Although little English was exchanged, we were able to communicate the important things (we had one in our party with some Japanese skills) -- so be aware if you have no Japanese that communication will be spotty.
Each course comes out and is presented as a little work of art. So beautifully composed -- exciting all the senses. We complemented our meal with a lot of sake (which also was recommended by the staff!) It is pricey for dinner -- starting at around $115/pp before sake and some optional ingredients (we were lucky to be visiting during matsutake mushroom season!) but we enjoyed it immensely! The pictures are not in order (TA problem) but you can get a feel for the number of courses and size of the plates.

• Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Exceptional food and service mind”
Reviewed 6 December 2012 via mobile

Kitcho granvia:

- I missed the plan to Kitcho arashiyama the week before however I had immediate chance in the following week. I reserved restaurant in website of Kyoto grandvia hotel 1 day before arrive thank for staff that gave me oppurnity to taste the one best Japanese meal in my life.

- the lunch have bento set (6000)and Kaiseki that I selected.

4 courses that strike me were welcome drink , multi sour yuzu sea cucumber, sashimi-sushi , sweet fruits & real bitter green tea that again make feel that the great food must have special international taste as same as I tasted in L'Atelier de Joel robuchon Hong Kong* * *, Guy savoy Singapore that I previously reviews.

- I did not understand many words that described by staffs during service but I was able to perceive that came from heart to heart. This kindness is ultimate charm of Japan.

Conclusion: Although this restaurant did not receive 3 star Michelin as Kitcho arashiyama but It is easier to access than(open everyday, easy to reservation and may walk-in too ) worth to try the same level of Japanese high cuisine.

Hong Kong
“Very good Kaiseki Meal”
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Learn a lot about this restaurant before i visit Kyoto. Few branches through out the city. i booked Hana-Kitcho which ended up i visit this one located at Hotel Granvia. the food was very good with good presentation and the staff was very professional to explain everything dishes presented. Price is fair, i ordered Yen 10000 per person nad i really enjoy this meal.

• Visited September 2012
Rome, Italy
“Good for being at the Kyoto JR otherwise not as the other branches”
Reviewed 23 July 2009

Location is different and that is normal, the service is adequate but not outstanding as in the other locations.. Food agreable..It cannot be deemed as the city branches as an authentic Kaiseki dining experience..Just if in a rush...Other experience in the city one close to the Geisha district having this phone number [--]

2 Thank Priv_Dis_Lux