“Wouldn't have know the finer local details of the places we visited without Elsa our tour guide for that afternoon!”

Kyoto Urban Adventures
US$81.13*
Small-group Kyoto Walking Tour including Traditional Japanese Snacks and Drinks
Ranked #4 of 131 Outdoor Activities in Kyoto
More attraction details
Owner description: Kyoto Urban Adventures offers unique and authentic day tours around Kyoto. They range from 3 to 8 hour adventures and uncover back streets, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. Step into the lives of locals, find out what makes the city tick, and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Kyoto. A local expert guide will take you on your urban adventure and give you valuable insights into the cultural capital of Japan.
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I am not a 'tour' person at all. I like reading up n discovering new places on my own. My husband however is the opposite so we struck n deal n booked 3 tours n did the test on our own. Of the three tours the last one we took with Elsa ( she took us to Fushimi Inari, Gion , Tofukuji shrine and 2 Zen gardens ) we had so much fun. She was very knowledgeable and extremely vigilant of her tour mber needs n queries! I wish we had her for the other 2 tours as well! Highly recommend her n her company!

There are newer reviews for Kyoto Urban Adventures

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My 7 year old son, wife and other family members toured Kyoto on bikes with Healey. It was a great experience. My son had few problems keeping up, we stopped at several temples/shrines and once for ice cream. You should be comfortable biking near traffic and around pedestrians. It was fun for all.

1  Thank tmb671
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Healy provided a great walking tour. He's obviously done his homework and provided just the right amount of information for each place we visited.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Went on a three hour bicycle tour with Healey as our tour guide. It was amazingly fun. I would consider myself to be pretty unfit but this was easy as it is all flat apart from a tiny uphill incline of about 200 metres that I walked up. In our group the age range was 20 to 63 and we all coped really well with the bike ride. We saw lots of sights of Kyoto including temples, shrines and the Philosophers walk. It was interesting to see some of the streets of Kyoto from a bike rather than a train or bus. We met at the Kyoto post office. Healey was early and easy to spot as he was wearing his red Urban adventure T shirt. He was a great guide, enthusiastic and knowledgeable. This was a highlight of my days in Kyoto. The bikes were well maintained and came with a helmet.

1  Thank Dotty3400
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We were lucky to have two guides for our recent walking tour of Kyoto.
Kyoto was definitely a highlight of our week in Japan, with a wealth of information provided by our knowledgeable guides. Always better having someone providing detailed information and history about what you are looking at, or the area you are in.
The history and information of the Geisha blew me away. We were lucky enough to spot 5 heading to/from work in the Geisha district....Amazing!!!