“Clean hotel, cold feeling.”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Kintetsu Kyoto Station
Ranked #37 of 366 Hotels / Ryokan in Kyoto
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Clean hotel, cold feeling.”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I went to Japan last summer by myself. It was my first time traveling alone (I'm 19 years old) and to such a far away place (I'm from America). The Hotel Kintetsu is in Kyoto station and was very easy to find and had a great location. I loved that I could walk out the doors, turn right, and have a entire corridor of restaurants, small grocery stores and gift shops to shop and eat at. The hotel itself was very nice. Modern and clean. The staff were decently friendly. The bed was averagely comfortable but the pillow was horrible. Since I was traveling alone having WIFI in the room was a huge must for me, to be able to Skype my family back home. This hotel only has WIFI in the lobby so I had to Skype there which was awkward and uncomfortable. Also the seating they have in the lobby is very bad, if you want to just sit (for me it was to Skype) for more than a few minutes. I got an in-room massage which was quite an experience. Also my view was of the train tracks but I had no problem with noise during the night.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
HKKFront, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Hotel Kintetsu Kyoto Station, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you very much for your staying with us Hotel Kintetsu Kyoto Station.
Moreover, thank you for contributing the comment of use.
Thank you very much for coming from the United States from afar.
At the time of the first solitary journey to Japan, we are honorable to have our hotel chosen.
We are also very glad as you were satisfied with our hotel in this use.
The passage of comment, since Wifi was not able to use in the guestroom, we caused inconvenience.
We started Wireless Internet (Wi-Fi) service in guestrooms on June 21.
Please use hotel Kintetsu Kyoto Station also in the case of coming to Kyoto at next opportunity.
We are waiting for your next visiting from the bottom of my heart.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We booked this hotel after failing to find a good fit and availability using standard hotel booking sites (Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia etc.). This one is very conveniently located at Kyoto station, although with the station being so big and busy, it is by no means a cakewalk to get there from your train terminal. We got 2 rooms with 2 single beds each. Overall, the room size was better than the our Tokyo hotel, so it felt better. Amenities were all quite modern and comfortable. We didn't experience any noise, though our 5th floor room was overlooking the train tracks (probably at 3rd floor level).

Downside: No Wi-fi in the rooms (LAN connection provided), minor language problem communicating with the front desk. Pillows were not soft.

Upside: Service was great - when we checked in around 3:30 PM, we inquired about sightseeing places that would be open beyond 5 PM. While they couldn't answer right away, the person came to our room after doing some research and guided us to a shrine that was open late and had lighting in the evening.

Also, the Kyoto station is a mini-town in itself, so it is very convenient for food and other shopping any time of the day.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed 3 February 2014

While attached to the train station, this hotel is not noisy at all and I heard no train noises while trying to sleep. The rooms are very small, so I wouldn't have wanted to stay here a week, but the one night I stayed on my way to Nara was pleasant enough. The room was hot and I couldn't get it to cool down, so that was a drawback for me. The service was very good and the location is the best thing about it. Right at the train station and plenty of shops and cafes in the station and nearby. Spent a day in Kyoto sightseeing and really loved the things I saw.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank AngieRoberson
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I had stayed at the Hotel Kintetsu on one previous occasion and it was a bad experience. Nevertheless, last year, I had to stay at the hotel once again, due to some pressing reasons. Well, it’s truly a business class hotel and not fit for family vacation stays. Located inside the Kyoto station, the hotel serves best for folks who need quick transit via train connectivity. The staff is moderately well trained and does a fairly good job. The food isn’t something to boast about though I found the breakfast to be quite varied. Rooms are averaged sized and beds comfortable, with a mini refrigerator in each room. Beverages mostly are chargeable. Internet connectivity is through wired lines and runs in every room. Though the surfing speed isn’t impressive.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GZKrik
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 7 January 2014

the hotel is located in Kyoto train station. you can see the train going,
but you don't hear them thanks to triple glazing in the windows.
the hotel is comfortable, you get all you need, although the room is small.
No wi.fi. in the room, only in the lobby.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I was disappointed already before I checked in! Yesterday my family and I have just arrived at Kyoto, and we'd like to put two of our luggages at the front desk before our checking in tomorrow because we need to go somewhere else first. We tried to express our request, but an intern, named Shibazaki, was not helpful at all nor trying to help. He just turned down our request which I have never experienced in other hotels in my life. We tried to ask if there is any other solution, but he just told us to find some other locker in the train station. What really pissed me off is his remote, indifference attitude when we were trying to ask for some more details. So inevitably we have to drag our luggages all the way around Kyoto Station before we can find one locker. (Actually the lockers we found were outside the train station, not even in the direction that the intern pointed out for us!)

I myself also work in a hotel and would strive not to let any of my customer down. At the very least I would try my best to find a solution to my customer's request. I have always thought that Japanese people, especially those who work in hotel business, are kind and polite and willing to assist their customers in need of help, and that's why I decided take my whole family to travel in Japan. Such a bad example like this intern has already ruined my trip in Kyoto before it started and ruined my impression to this hotel even before checking in. I really need someone to be responsible and apologize for this.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank AllyCheng
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I have now stayed at this hotel twice. This is a standard Japanese business class hotel that is very conveniently located inside the main train terminal in Kyoto. Rooms are average size with a decent bathroom. Wired internet is provided free in the room. Beds are comfortable and each room has a miniature fridge for keeping 3 or 4 beverages. Despite being located next to the train tracks, the rooms are quiet. The TV has CNN in english. The lighting in my bathroom was a little dim making it hard to put in contact lenses. Check-in time is strictly enforced at 3pm although free luggage storage is provided. The central train station in Kyoto is not especially close to major shopping or tourist areas although there are many buses, a subway and train lines originating there for others parts of the city.

In short, this is a fine, clean, reasonable if modest hotel that is very convenient if one doesn't want to stray too far from the train station.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business