“Lovely hotel!”

Hotel Kintetsu Kyoto Station
Ranked #39 of 374 Hotels / Ryokan in Kyoto
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed here on a deal from Tokai tours where it was 26,300 yen for the shinkansen from tokyo and back and a two night stay, so it was a really good deal. Such a lovely hotel, so accommodating. I really appreciated the hot showers every night and the rooms were so comfortable. They even let us use the complimentary coin lockers after we checked out! Well worth it. The Hotel is actually inside the station, just down an escalator from the shinkansen tracks. It was so nice (if we ever got lost) we could just ask how to get to Kyoto station and we would be set.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mary S
HKKFront, フロント at Hotel Kintetsu Kyoto Station, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2014

We are also very glad as you were satisfied with our hotel in this use.
The passage of comment, since the free coin locker only for a lodger of our hotel is smooth, without waiting also at the time of taking over of a load, it is very convenience, very popular.
Since this hotel is station direct connection, it is very convenient also for access to various means of transportation.
Please use hotel Kintetsu Kyoto Station also in the case of coming to Kyoto at next opportunity.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Kintetsu Kyoto Station

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I reviewed this hotel last year, but I would like to add some more information. In my recent stay, I once again enjoyed the high quality of service as well as the convenience of the location. While the breakfast area gets crowded during a certain period of time, the food was good and healthy (a good combination of Japanese and Western food). The big change since my last stay in August 2013 was that now Wifi is available in guestrooms. While the connection may not be fast enough in some areas, it is definitely a good addition as we usually carry more than one mobile devices.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank PaddingtonTokyo
HKKFront, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Hotel Kintetsu Kyoto Station, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

We are also very glad as you were satisfied with our hotel in this use.
The passage of comment, we started Wireless Internet (Wi-Fi) service in guestrooms on June 21.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We booked this hotel at the same time as buying a rail ticket to Kyoto, so got a really good deal on it (5000Y). The rooms are small, but are comfortable and the triple glazing worked very well indeed. I'm a very light sleeper, and asked for a quiet room. The welcoming reception staff gave us one on the 7th floor facing south. Apart from the deep bass like rumbling you can hear (regardless of which room you have), it was really easy to sleep. I did use ear plugs though. The rooms come with a network jack, which worked well for us. But for wi-fi, there was always a group congregated in the reception area. The location is really fantastic. Trains, buses and taxi's on your doorstep (literally), so it was a very easy location to get to and from. A very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing south, as high up as you can get
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank solosol
HKKFront, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Hotel Kintetsu Kyoto Station, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

The passage of comment,
Although for a situation, there are many visitors who care about the noise of a train, by the favor of the severe measure against sound isolation, we have gained popularity as it is quiet.
And we started Wireless Internet (Wi-Fi) service in guestrooms on June 21.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I went to Japan last summer by myself. It was my first time traveling alone (I'm 19 years old) and to such a far away place (I'm from America). The Hotel Kintetsu is in Kyoto station and was very easy to find and had a great location. I loved that I could walk out the doors, turn right, and have a entire corridor of restaurants, small grocery stores and gift shops to shop and eat at. The hotel itself was very nice. Modern and clean. The staff were decently friendly. The bed was averagely comfortable but the pillow was horrible. Since I was traveling alone having WIFI in the room was a huge must for me, to be able to Skype my family back home. This hotel only has WIFI in the lobby so I had to Skype there which was awkward and uncomfortable. Also the seating they have in the lobby is very bad, if you want to just sit (for me it was to Skype) for more than a few minutes. I got an in-room massage which was quite an experience. Also my view was of the train tracks but I had no problem with noise during the night.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Thank you very much for your staying with us Hotel Kintetsu Kyoto Station.
Moreover, thank you for contributing the comment of use.
Thank you very much for coming from the United States from afar.
At the time of the first solitary journey to Japan, we are honorable to have our hotel chosen.
We are also very glad as you were satisfied with our hotel in this use.
The passage of comment, since Wifi was not able to use in the guestroom, we caused inconvenience.
We started Wireless Internet (Wi-Fi) service in guestrooms on June 21.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We booked this hotel after failing to find a good fit and availability using standard hotel booking sites (Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia etc.). This one is very conveniently located at Kyoto station, although with the station being so big and busy, it is by no means a cakewalk to get there from your train terminal. We got 2 rooms with 2 single beds each. Overall, the room size was better than the our Tokyo hotel, so it felt better. Amenities were all quite modern and comfortable. We didn't experience any noise, though our 5th floor room was overlooking the train tracks (probably at 3rd floor level).

Downside: No Wi-fi in the rooms (LAN connection provided), minor language problem communicating with the front desk. Pillows were not soft.

Upside: Service was great - when we checked in around 3:30 PM, we inquired about sightseeing places that would be open beyond 5 PM. While they couldn't answer right away, the person came to our room after doing some research and guided us to a shrine that was open late and had lighting in the evening.

Also, the Kyoto station is a mini-town in itself, so it is very convenient for food and other shopping any time of the day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2014

While attached to the train station, this hotel is not noisy at all and I heard no train noises while trying to sleep. The rooms are very small, so I wouldn't have wanted to stay here a week, but the one night I stayed on my way to Nara was pleasant enough. The room was hot and I couldn't get it to cool down, so that was a drawback for me. The service was very good and the location is the best thing about it. Right at the train station and plenty of shops and cafes in the station and nearby. Spent a day in Kyoto sightseeing and really loved the things I saw.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank AngieRoberson
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I had stayed at the Hotel Kintetsu on one previous occasion and it was a bad experience. Nevertheless, last year, I had to stay at the hotel once again, due to some pressing reasons. Well, it’s truly a business class hotel and not fit for family vacation stays. Located inside the Kyoto station, the hotel serves best for folks who need quick transit via train connectivity. The staff is moderately well trained and does a fairly good job. The food isn’t something to boast about though I found the breakfast to be quite varied. Rooms are averaged sized and beds comfortable, with a mini refrigerator in each room. Beverages mostly are chargeable. Internet connectivity is through wired lines and runs in every room. Though the surfing speed isn’t impressive.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple