My wife and I spend 5 nights at the Kyoto Tokyu Hotel. Here are our likes and dislikes:
• Decent rate ($170/night) for Premium Room
• Free bus shuttle service to/from Kyoto Train Station every 15 minutes
• Free Internet service
• Helpful staff on providing instruction to places to go
• Courteous staff
• Non-smoking rooms are shared with smoking rooms per floor. While our room didn’t have any scent of cigarettes smell once you open the room door cig smell will hit you hard.
• Poor breakfast buffet selection ($25/person), this pretty much the same comment for most hotels.
• Poor wireless connectivity, using very old school Wi-Fi technology. If you’re planning to carry multiple wireless devices bring an Apple Airport and connect it to an existing wired Internet connection, significantly more reliable and faster than the hotel Wi-Fi.
• Common Japanese size hotel room petite in size, bathroom is a bit small lack shelf space.
• 5 minutes walk to Fresco market and Lawson
• Less than 10 minutes shuttle ride to Kyoto Train Station
• 10-15 minutes walk to 7-Eleven for ATM (if you’re using US banking debit card, this is your best bet)
• 15-20 minutes walk to nearest subway station (K10)
• Taxi to/from Kyoto Train Station is about $10USD
• Bullet train (Nozomi with seat reservation) from Tokyo to Kyoto 2.5 hours, about $140 USD (one way/person)
• Limited Express Train from Kyoto to Nara 30 minutes, about $15USD (one way/person)
Overall the room cleanliness and condition were fine, the cig smell in the hallway did annoyed us (so make a run for it!). Will try a different hotel next time around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel's contemporary interpretation of traditional Kyoto values has earned the Kyoto Scenic Beauty Award, as well as the BCS Awards for excellence in modern architecture. From the impressive main entrance, and the courtyard water feature recreating the simple purity of the city's Horikawa River, the atmosphere of quiet composure communicates a sense of calm and relaxation to every guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Fastbooking, Preferred Hotels, Priceline, JAPANiCAN, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Kyoto Tokyu Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.