Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
ZenHotels.com
£99
Juanito P

I like its quiet location on a side street

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 Apr 2024via mobile
Service was perfect specially the front desk, concierge and housekeeping.
Concierge arranged private taxi for transfer to our hotel in Osaka.
Buffet Breakfast on the first floor and The Japanese set breakfast on the second floor were perfect.
Bukkoji temple is just a few meters from the hotel. We chance upon a few sakura trees budding and blooming.
Right now, the weeping cheery trees may be in full bloom.
Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
Responded 14 Apr 2024
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

It's great to know that you appreciated the quiet location and the services provided by our staff, including the front desk, concierge, and housekeeping. We strive to provide excellent service to all our guests, and we're glad to hear that we succeeded in your case.

We're delighted that you found the buffet breakfast and Japanese set breakfast perfect. Your feedback is valuable to us, and we'll continue to maintain the high standards of our dining offerings.

It sounds like you had a lovely time exploring the nearby Bukkoji temple and enjoying the beauty of the cherry blossoms. We hope you made some wonderful memories during your stay with us.

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future! If there's anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know.
£80
1.1 miles from Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto
Free parking
View more hotels in Kyoto
1,579 results
All reviews daimaru department store shijo subway station buffet breakfast minute walk smoking room reception desk would highly recommend this hotel sitting area amenities japan concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 February 2024 via mobile

I chose Nikko Princess because I like this hotel for its service and location . The only thing I did not like this time during our stay was the odor in the bathroom . I feel something has to be done about it . Eventually , I hope they renovate the rooms and make them brighter . I will continue to stay at this property . Gambate kudasai !

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
hotel nikko princess kyoto marketing, 支配人 at Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2024

Thank you for choosing Nikko Princess and for sharing your feedback with us. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the odor in the bathroom during your recent stay. Please rest assured that we take your concerns seriously, and we will address this matter promptly to ensure a more pleasant experience for our guests in the future.

Your loyalty and support mean a lot to us, and we truly appreciate your understanding. We have taken note of your suggestion regarding room renovations, and while we continuously strive to improve our facilities, we will certainly consider your feedback in our future planning.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Nikko Princess in the near future.

Reviewed 4 January 2024

Hotel Nikko is a Japanese chain hotel that has strong global reputation. We had some problems with our check-in where the staff seemed cold and transactional. They refused to check us in an hour early to accommodate an elderly person who had been on an 18 hour flights. We would have to pay extra if we wanted to be in our room early. Not a great start to the trip. However, one staff - Ms. Takada - at the front desk provided us with superb service toward the end of our stay, going above and beyond to help us with our airport transportation. This alone made up for the negative check-in experience we had. Other than that, we love the location of the hotel in Kyoto. Very close to the old town and easy walking to restaurants. Hotel is a bit updated and can use renovations.

Room tip: Don't bother asking for early check-in, even by 30 minutes. They'll charge you.
Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
hotel nikko princess kyoto marketing, 支配人 at Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2024

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at Hotel Nikko. We sincerely apologize for the challenges you encountered during the check-in process. It is regrettable to hear about the cold and transactional service you experienced initially, and we understand the importance of a smooth and accommodating check-in, especially after a long flight.

We appreciate your recognition of Takada's superb service, and we will make sure to commend her for going above and beyond to assist you with airport transportation. Providing exceptional service is our priority, and we are glad Takada could make a positive impact on your overall experience.

Your comments regarding the hotel's location in Kyoto are appreciated, and we are pleased to know that you found it convenient for exploring the old town and restaurants. We also acknowledge your suggestion about the need for renovations, and we will take this into consideration as we strive to improve our facilities.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your understanding. If you have any additional comments or suggestions, please feel free to contact us directly. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and provide you with an even better experience.

Reviewed 8 December 2023

I stayed in the Premium Double room on 12th floor (I think) and the room is clean and large 32m2. Executive Room would mean you’ll be allocated 14th to 16th Floor. For my taste, the furnishings and the design choices of the room is outdated. However, I would have a large clean room, which this was

My impression of the front desk was not great. Both check-in and check-out staff seem a bit cold. Perhaps they felt their English were not good. On the other hand, both concierges (who took my luggage at check-in and looked after my luggage at check-out) were friendly. I went to two restaurants in the hotel and again was looked after well and friendly

Highly recommend the Tempura Kappa Sagano. The chef cooks in front of you fresh meat and vegetables. Think it was about 50GBP (including 2 x beers, tax) and there is no way I could get that quality of food and service for this money back home. The Japanese Restaurant Sagano I had a lunch kaiseki. This was less expensive and the food was less enjoyable than the first restaurant but still good! I didn’t try breakfast at the hotel (Amber Court). The hotel is surrounded by a large number of places to eat. For breakfast, try Japanese congee at Tomikoji Kayuten (about 10 mins walk from hotel). I got there when it opened at 7am

The hotel is situated, which seemed, a quiet part of town. It is nearby a couple of underground stations on two different lines (Shijo and Karasuma). I believe the nearest tourist location, from the hotel, is Nishiki Market, which is about 10 mins walk. I walked from the hotel to Kiyomizu-dera and Gion - about 1/2 hour walk. I read that the Kiyomizu-dera Temple gets very busy, so I had a nice pleasant morning stroll and arrived there around 645am. Even around that time, I could see a couple of tour groups and number of visitors building up. I think if I stay at Kyoto again I will stay around this area. This location seemed more interesting than where the hotel is located in a quiet neighbourhood. I also highly recommend visiting Arashiyama Bamboo Forest / Tenryu-ji Temple and Fushimi Inari Shrine

Oh…on my way back from hotel to Kansai International Airport, I had to stand for 2 hours on the Haruka Express because I didn’t reserve a seat. I think there are 8 cars of the train but only 1 or 2 are for the unreserved. Plus the train didn’t leave the station on time (some accident I believe) and there were numerous delays on the journey. Maybe a day before you leave, book a seat and give yourself plenty of time to catch your onward journey!

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Stanley2008
hotel nikko princess kyoto marketing, 支配人 at Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2023

Thank you very much for choosing Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto.
It was a pleasure to read your wonderful travelogue.
We will take your comments about the front desk and restaurant very seriously and make every effort to improve.
We would also appreciate it if you would feel free to ask us for information on tourist attractions and transportation. It is our pleasure to be of service to you.
Please come to Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto again when you visit Kyoto. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2023 via mobile

We had a decent sized room with a smallish bath…bathtub and shower area were as large as the rest of the bathroom. More than one person cannot be in bathroom at once. Counter area of bath is small but there is a small shelf behind the toilet. The room has 2 wood backed chairs and a desk chair and desk. Though the hotel is well maintained with fresh paint and wallpaper, the furnishings and electronics are 90s style. Small TV, not many drawers for clothes, only one plug at bedside and 2 on desk. It is well located in central Kyoto. The Breakfast buffet is good. I would prefer a more up to date hotel.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
hotel nikko princess kyoto marketing, 支配人 at Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2023

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay. We appreciate your insights and are sorry to hear that your experience did not fully meet your expectations.

We take your comments to heart and will use them to improve our service. We understand your preference for a more modern hotel, and while we maintain the hotel's cleanliness and decor, we are always looking for ways to enhance our guest experience.

We will definitely consider your observations about the bathroom design and the room's furnishings. Guest comfort and convenience are our top priorities, and we aim to make necessary improvements.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and appreciated the central location. We would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with a more satisfying experience in the future. If you have any specific preferences or needs, please do not hesitate to let us know, and we will do our best to accommodate them. Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 27 October 2023

Loved the location, the service and the staff. Great neighborhood. Easy and convenient. Spacious rooms and the bathroom! So much space. Separate tub and shower. The property may not be categorized as "luxury" but staying here has been such a pleasant experience, I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again on my next trip.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
hotel nikko princess kyoto marketing, 支配人 at Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2023

I'm delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience during your stay at our hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We take pride in providing a quiet, comfortable, and spacious environment for our guests. It's fantastic to know you enjoyed our location, services, and our dedicated staff.

We aim to make every guest feel at home, and I'm pleased to hear that you'd recommend our hotel and plan to return on your next trip. Please don't hesitate to contact us if there's anything specific you'd like for your future stays. We look forward to welcoming you back and ensuring your next stay is just as enjoyable.