“Best Ramen in Japan”

Ranked #26 of 12,331 Restaurants in Kyoto
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Shimogyo-ku
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Specializing in roast pork and green onion ramen - the choice is easy with a simple menu here. From the moment we took our first mouthful, we knew this ramen was the best so far with a delicious soup base and a lot of pork. The atmosphere here was unique too, making it a spot well worth looking for. Just keep an eye out for the yellow building!

There are newer reviews for Kyoto Takabashi Honke Daiichiasahi

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We tracked down this little joint on tripadvisor as we have been enjoying the ramen while here in japan. By far the best we've had to date and the goyza were top notch as well. Nice cold Asahi to wash it all down. The place was packed which is always a good sign the foods good. Most generous helping of pork yet in a ramen we have come across. Try and time your trip to the kyoto station around lunch as this place os just around the corner.

Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Small hole in the wall, but packed with locals! Outstanding! All soy based ramen and rice. Worth the short walk! OUSTANDING! Ps, I live in Japan, I know my ramen!

1  Thank Doctajd
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Having a craving for ramen, I checked trip advisor for recommended ramen restaurants near my hotel located around Kyoto Station. This restaurant is 5 mins walk east of the station and when I arrived there were 10 people in line! The 30 min wait in line was well worth it. The ramen was tasted great and the serving size was large with many slices of pork. The only area of improvement was the pork slices were not as tender and melt in your mouth kind that is usually served with ramen. They might have served a different cut of pork. Regardless, it was delicious and I will eat there again!

1  Thank Mike C
Reviewed 6 June 2013

This is indeed one of the best restaurants I've ever been to. It's only a small eatery at a quiet corner near Kyoto JR station, but its ramen hits right on. I am not especially into oily food, but I just couldn't stop sipping this soup. It's cooked with pork bones and definitely no MSG added. The noodles pairing with this soup is just AMAZING. Pardon for my lack of vocabularies to reflect my satisfaction in this meal.

We arrived at about 6pm and already needed to wait for about 15 minutes in line. When we left there was still a line of about 10 people at the entrance. So come early and enjoy!!

1  Thank guneingdoe