Hotel Gimmond Kyoto
US$211
  • Restaurant
Ibis Styles Kyoto Station(Kyoto)(Great Value!)
US$93
Ryokufuso(Kyoto)
US$318
US$193
  • Free Internet
All reviewskarasuma oike subway stationnishiki marketgreat locationjapanese restaurantbit datedjapanese standardswalking distancemain subway linesdouble roomrooms are smallwalked everywherepontocho alleyair conminute walkstreet levelstaff was very friendly and helpfulnice breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

It was our first time in Japan so we really took the time to research on hotels that would give us the most affordable price but quality service. Hotel Gimmond did not disappoint!

It is 3-5 mins. away from the Karasumaoike subway station just two stops away from the main Kyoto station. The rooms are small but enough for 2. The bathroom which I am very particular of was complete with everything we needed and it was sooooo clean! it was the first time I did not use the toiletries I bring with me in travel because they had everything I needed for a great bath from a long day.

They have English speaking hotel personnels too! All in all the best part of this hotel is really its location. Definitely recommend it!

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Rubie G
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I shared a room with a friend. The room and bathroom we're quiet small. There was no room on the floor to open our luggage so we had to always carry our heavy luggage onto the bed to open it. Location wise it took us 10-15 to walk to the main shopping malls, markets and restaurants. Overall it was clean and staffs were friendly.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was having twin room together with my daughter who is studying here in Kyoto. This was a good and not so expensive hotel for 3 last nights in Kyoto. Room was spacious enough for two of us although it was quite old fashioned.In bathroom the taps were not these single lever mixers and shower was missing the thermostat. But never mind - hot water all the time.
But once again the place near the Karasumaoike is the best. Short distance to everywhere.
I was not having breakfast or dinner at hotel restaurants, but there are multiple small shops where you can find quick snack e.g. for breakfast if needed.
Personnel was very helpful and they spoke good English.

Room Tip: WLAN works also in rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AnsKuukkeli
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The title of this review pretty much sums this hotel up. It's clean, central, well priced and totally unremarkable. However, if you're on holiday and out for 8 hours each day, it doesn't really matter does it?

The only noteworthy thing we found was that you can go up to the roof, open the door and literally stand around on the roof which has a nice view of Kyoto. There's a sign that says not to though, so I hope you're feeling rebellious should you decide to head up to the floor called "R".

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Milvey
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a few nights and location is near the shopping district but you have to walk a few blocks. I would have preferred to stay closer to the main shopping place, Kawarashima. But other than that, it's quite accessible as this is located on the road where Kyoto City Hall is and there was a subway station right next to it. Hotel staff very friendly. Breakfast was not included in our package but there was a small restaurant at the ground floor where we had breakfast. Price range was from yen 800-1500 per set meal. It was alright. Room was basic but I was happy with the hot water in the shower after being outdoors in the cold. My room was in the second floor and it was facing the Main Street. Didn't have trouble with street noise.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business