We stayed here for our Kyoto Trip last Apr 2010 during the Sakura Season. Here's a quick Pros and Cons of this Hostel.
1. GREAT LOCATION. Buses and subway are just a few minutes walk.
2. Staff personnel speaks perfect English, they're also very helpful
3. Friendly Environment. So easy to make friends here.
1. The Janet Jackson room had too many pictures of here. Not a fan. Room designs can be improved.
2. Comfort Rooms should be available on each floor.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay with Kyoto Bakpak Hostel, the rooms were ok and comfortable, not so good in design though. Staff are friendly, speaks good English and are very helpful. The major Pro on this Hostel is the great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- bAKpAK Japan Kyoto Hostel is Cheap Budget accomodation and backpackers youth hostel centrally located in DownTown Kyoto city but also give visitors the luxurious advantage of being in front of the spectacular Kamogawa river. Right near the hostel there are some of Japan's most famous and arguably most important cultural spots: Gion, Kyoto Imperial Palace, Kiyomizu Temple, Kenninji Temple, Yasaka Shrine, Maruyama Park, Kyoto Ebisu Shrine and Kyoto Minamiza Theater (the birth place of kabuki). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Priceline and Rakuten so you can book your Bakpak Kyoto Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.