“Go Here!”

Ranked #6 of 12,150 Restaurants in Kyoto
Price range: US$9 - US$52
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Western Kyoto
Description: Open 11:00AM Closed 2:30PM Lunch time only. We will ciose when our stock has been finished. Regular holidays Thursdays and Sundays.
Detroit, Michigan
“Go Here!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Amazing place if you are visiting Arashiyama for the day. It is not on the main drag, but this is a good thing! Still just a short distance from the train station and the google map is accurate.

We had a set lunch menu with seared sirloin, rice, salad, miso, and tea for $15!!!!! Best deal in Japan. Much more for your money than you will find on the main drag. And it was delicious. The beef had a ton of flavor and was exquisitely tender.

It's in the home of the staff and they are so friendly and accommodating and speak excellent English. Awesome atmosphere. You are crazy if you don't stop here.

Visited August 2014

• Turkish first
Kyoto
“Loved it”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This place isn't located in the most obvious of areas- It's not on the main street where the other shops are all lined up, but walking from the train station I followed two signs and found it easily. I wasn't looking for this place in particular- I had no idea where I was and just wanted to eat at the first place I found.

I'm no professional food critic, but the chef and the waitress were very friendly and the food was very good (as an American meat lover, the meat here is awesome). I forget exactly what I paid, about ¥1200 (roughly 12USD) for one of the meals and a drink.

The chef spoke English well enough that we had pleasant conversation and we enjoyed his company (only myself and a friend were in the restaurant at the time). He gave us a free sample of the roast beef which was delicious. I saw the trip advisor sign on the counter and felt compelled to write a review to give them much deserved publicity (I don't know how much traffic they get at their location, but I fear it can be easily overlooked).

If you're hungry near the JR station, it's close by. Check out out!

3 Thank MikeHart2
Washington, DC
“Outstanding meal!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

This is by far the best quality beef we tasted in Japan, and the prices were exceptionally reasonable for the quality. The chef and his wife were extremely hospitable; they were closed when we stopped by their restaurant at an odd time, but they promptly greeted us and opened for service. The restaurant is very friendly for foreigners, with an optional English menu to select from. It is a bit hard to find, tucked away behind a row of quaint Japanese homes, but as the other reviewer mentioned, the location is correct on Tripadvisor. It's definitely a perfect lunch or dinner stop on the way to or from the bamboo forest, and we can't recommend it enough.

3 Thank wefoundit
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Some of the Best Beef We Have Ever Had!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We found this place by meandering in a neighborhood on the way to the bamboo forest. This restaurant is not easy to find... it is at the end of a residential street in what at first appears to be a house. The map provided on TA is accurate so use the app on your smartphone and you will find it.

This place is well worth the effort to find. The best beef we have ever had! I had a thinly sliced raw beef lunch which was to die for and my wife had a seared beef lunch that was just as good. The total cost for this awesome food was about $18. Incredible food for the money. In fact, probably our best lunch in Japan.

The restaurant is run by a young husband and wife who were extremely friendly! They gave us two gorgeous ceramic sake cups to take home with us after the meal.

Search this place out... it is worth the trouble... The food and hospitality will make it well worth your time!

• Visited July 2014