“Good value, relatively quiet area”

Hotel Claiton Shinosaka
Ranked #120 of 300 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Quezon, Philippines
“Good value, relatively quiet area”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Hotel Claiton is near Midosuji line which makes it easily accessible when going to central Osaka. It is situated in a relative quiet area (except if your room is near the tracks of the Hankyu Line.The same line can also give you access to Kobe and Kyoto (although we didn't use it since we rode the train to Kyoto at Shin-Osaka stn.

As for the room size, well, it's small but adequate (except if you're bringing many large luggage). If you pack light, then, I guess, you won't have a problem.

Room Tip: request a room away from the rail track
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 1 March 2013

This is my second time stayed in Hotel Claiton Shin-Osaka. It's a good location, just 2 stations away from Osaka Station which only about 5mins away! The hotel's single room is small but it's good enough for me since I only sleep at night. Last time I was with my girlfriend so the room was much bigger. The environment around hotel is very quiet at night because it's in the residential area. There are 2 convient stores so you can easily buy anything at night. Hotel stuffs are nice and they all can speak and understand English well. It's perfect place for both business or holiday trip when you visit Osaka city! Recommand~!! 強力推薦!! 服務不錯, 地點又好的旅館, 是商務或旅遊的好選擇之一!! 離大阪車站才兩站距離 (大約5~10分鐘車程).. 離JR新大阪站搭乘新幹線也超方便!!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jack886
Bangkok
Reviewed 25 April 2012

They are very small even by Japanese standards.
The location is very good. A two minutes walk from the train station for Kyoto and from the subway (both accept the Kansai Thru pass). JR Shin-Osaka station is about ten minutes walking.
Breakfast is ok. There is a good espresso coffee machine, Japanese and Western food.
They also have a good public bath and sauna, but as they only have one, women and men must use it at different times (17:30 to 20:30 for women and 21 to 1 am for men). Among the facilities there is a microwave, washing machines and ice.

Room Tip: We stayed in two semidouble rooms. twin rooms are a but larger.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 December 2011

Negative points

1. When i checked into the hotel, the local and the foreigners gets differential treatment. The local gets hand towel to freshen up and free instant porridge to try, while we were not offered any and we were supposed to be given welcome drink that never materialized.

2. The twin bed hotel room is very small. I can't even find proper space to open my bigger luggage.

3. No english channels, hence forget about watching TV at nights.

Good points - pretty near to subway and relatively good price

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RoySg
Osaka
Reviewed 27 October 2010

I never leave reviews on websites, but I have had such an awful time in Osaka purely because of this hotel that I simply had to write one.
I am a seasoned traveller and have stayed in Japan before.
I have never had a problem with the size of their hotel rooms. They are usually small, but so well organised that the limited space is used to best effect.
The rooms here are just small and pokey.
We have to climb over the bed to get around each other, and considering we are in a double room, one wardrobe with 3 hangers is insufficient to say the least. Our clothes have had to stay in our suitcases which are taking up 50% of the floor space.
The location is not as billed.
It should be called the Hotel Claiton Nishima-Kajima Minamigata, as that is the station and location it is closest to.
Shin Osaka Station is a good 20 minute walk away, and if you have paid out for an expensive Japan Rail Pass like we have, you will have to make that walk an awful lot, unless you are prepared to shell out more money on subway fares that is.
The walls of the hotel are paper thin, so you hear every noise your neighbours make. Woe betide you if you get noisy neighbours like we did.
You are also located next to a busy train track and you hear trains and the level crossing bells at all hours.
But worst of all - AND I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH - the beds are TERRIBLE.
I have had a bad back every single morning from the poor quality matress and the hard as rock pillows. I even checked in to another hotel for a few nights just to get a bit of respite from it.
The double beds are NOT doubles, they are barely queen size.
So my partner and I are both cramped up and haven't had one single night of full, uninterrupted sleep at this hotel. I have ended up feeling quite ill.
This is not much good when you are travelling in Japan and have long day trips planned like we have.
I will need a holiday when I get back from this one. The hotel RUINED my time here.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank OsakaAndy1978
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2010

A bit difficult to find, as other travellers have said, but once you do a great little hotel at a good price. Everything you need, fridge in room, washing machines and dryers on level 2. Microwave also there if you need it. Lots of local shops to purchase drinks/food. Free internet in reception or in your room if you have your laptop. Safety deposit boxes at front desk. Tea making facilities. Easy access to all trains. communial pool/hot tub also free. No hidden extras at all.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Maz60Sussex
Singapore
Reviewed 14 May 2010

It is not near the Shin-Osaka station but is one subway stop away at Nishinakajima-Minamigata station. Exit 2, turn right to cross the traffic light and you will see Lawson market. Turn right again and left and walk straight for 2mins alongside the railway track.
Besides being near the subway station, it is also near the Hankyu railway line. Pretty convenient if you want to go to the Minoh Park/Waterfall.
Room is very small! We had the twin room but had to place our luggages at the walk way in between our beds. In the morning, we had to lock our luggages and propped them right back up so that the chambermaid would have room to walk about and made our beds.
Bathroom is really tiny and I swear I heard creaking noises from the bathroom intermittently in the middle of the night. Pretty disturbing but I couldn't be bothered much on the second and third nights and slept through it.
One pretty good thing was the free internet access at their lobby area. There are three PCs which you could use without charge.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends