“If you know some Japanese, this is a gem! Will definitely come back.”
Review of HOTEL THE Grandee

HOTEL THE Grandee
Ranked #141 of 303 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Hong Kong
“If you know some Japanese, this is a gem! Will definitely come back.”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

See my review in May 2012, when I was travelling alone. At that time, I did not pay much attention for the prices, as I only need a hotel at a good location. Back in 2012 when I wrote that review, I paid Y800 for their single, standard room ( 14 sq m).
This time, I was travelling with a family of 4. Because of the great location, I booked
TPoint again. This time I booked a Y9800 single room for myself, and two Y19600 double rooms, one for a couple, and another room for their two 6 feet tall teenage sons.
Wow! What a difference the price made. I stayed in single room #512. It’s 21 sq m, very large in size in Japanese standard. The most surprising thing was that when I opened the steel door, there was a washer and dryer inside my room!! As the 5 of us came here after a 5 day trip from Kyoto, being able to do my own free laundry was the happiest moment.
Then I visited my friend’s room #613, and room #414 where their sons stayed ( please refer to the hotel’s official website for the photos). Gosh, it’s 42 sq m, as if you are in a suite of a 5 star hotel. The bathroom is Japanese style i.e. you sit down in a small stook to wash, then a bathtub in a size of a small Jacuzzi.
The breakfast is as good as always. And one final point about the wifi. Yes, there is no wifi in the room, but the receptionist voluntarily gave us a travel mini router for each room( see photo) . So voila, wifi enabled!!
The only comment – the staff speaks zero English.

Room Tip: Single room Rm 512 is 21 sq m in size, has washer and dryer inside. Room 613 and 414 are 42 sq m.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank nammay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Very attractive rooms, nice and spacious by Japanese standards and well appointed. Only complaint is the lack of wifi which is always a pain for international travellers. Location is perfect, near so many of Osaka's bars and restaurants. This place is highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Taichung, Taiwan
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Location is fantastic, few mins walk can reach Shinsaibashi shopping area.
Room is clean with modern Japanese style and you can get however you need even room laundry. The staff is friendly, helpful and care about the detail.
I love the breakfast, it's fresh and yummy which feel full-charge to start a new day.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Wenyu
Hong Kong
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Traveled alone this time. The room was not as pretty as that on the website, but its size and ammenities are just right for single traveler. The air con is really warm, so I opened the window. I like their breafast best. Set-style, well balanced.I came from HK without activating my roaming service. To access the computer I brought along, I asked for a LAN cord. The huge Daimaru is just a few min. away. For dinner, I bought food from the huge supermarket at the basement and ate at my room ( all rooms have microwave oven). Or if you prefer to dine out or enjoy a cup of coffee after dinner, you have lots of choices nearby. The day I left for the Namba Station to catch the Nankai Airport Express line, I asked the front desk to call a taxi-- no extra charge for luggage or taxi reservation. Just 5-10 min. away. The meter did not even tick. So Y560 yen.
The front desk staff do not speak any English. But I am sure your body langauge and drawing will help you make your way through.
The "American Village" is also within walking distance. I love this care-free area. Had a great time hunting for used clothings.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank nammay
Melbourne
Reviewed 16 March 2009

In short the T-point hotel is an art style hotel designed for the short term Japanese guests. But I found it very accommodating, clean and full of nice surprises.
The staff even though they did not speak English were (like most of Japan) very polite, very friendly and very helpful, even though their helpfulness was limited by their lack of English.
My room (820) was one of the smallest, but had a nice sized bed, microwave, fridge (with a bottle of free beer and water each day), computer (Win2000), stereo sound system, DVD player, safe and a compact toilet/shower area.
My room was cleaned thoroughly each day, they even change the doona/quilt and the under blanket each day. The only marks were well worn areas of the carpet around the bed.
The hotel is about 400 metres east of the Shinsaibashi shopping mall and it's railway station.
In summary, I enjoyed my stay at T-point and I would definitely recommend it for other businessmen and couples, this hotel does not welcome kids.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
Houston, TX
Reviewed 6 February 2009

i loved the t'point and osaka. i stayed at the modern, graphic room with green lounge couch and yellow bird walls. it was such a nice hotel. provided welcome snacks, dessert and coffee, unlimited coffee/juice/wine and good breakfast. only stayed there one day and would stay there again in the future. it's located in a lively part of town, near good shopping and eateries. walkable to the subway station. osaka is such a wonderful city, easy to get around and has the best food.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled with friends