“Definitely worth the wait”

Endo Sushi Chuo Ichiba
Ranked #227 of 31,412 Restaurants in Osaka
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 12 April 2014

If you are in Osaka you must try sushi here. There was a long line for lunch and we waited for over an hour. The menu is small but the sushi is excellent.

1  Thank charmedArcher

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Nothing I say on this review will make this place justice. Yes, the menu is small and yes, they're only open until 2 pm but who cares? Just go. My husband made it a point to go to this place based on all the awesome things we had heard about it, and guess what? Every single one of them is true. The fish is unbelievably fresh (probably helps they're right by the Osaka Fish Market), beautiful presentation, and perfect balance of flavors. Tried salmon roe for the first time here...once it stopped being cold in my mouth it was DELICIOUS! These guys also probably had the best and freshest squid I've ever eaten. Their miso soup is also not your typical miso soup - and is chock full of baby clams cooked to perfection. My husband tried the sea urchin (brave him, bless his heart) and said it was good, texture is difficult. I cant remember everything we tried. We tried plates 2 and 4 (both of us) and my husband tried also the plate 1 (which has the sea urchin on it). The fatty tuna and the salmon here are HEAVENLY. Service is quick and very courteous and the English menu does make choices very easy. It was hard to eat sushi from other places after. If you're in Osaka, go there at least once.

1  Thank anniesaturria
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This little restaurant is way out of the tourist area but we went there by taxi as recommended by our friends. Knowing that there will be a queue, our group of seven went there at11.20 am and waited for about ten minutes.The area is very interesting because the restaurant is located right in the wholesale fishmarket area.The restaurant is very popular with the local and the sushi comes in 4 set of five with pictures and English description, so the chice is made easier.I'm impressed with the quality of the sushi served.Each set has something exotic that we have not tried before like the Uni or the Sea Urchin eggs but even the ones that are common like Tuna,Toro or salmon taste better than what we have had before. Must be the ability to choose the freshest ingredient that makes Endo sushi the best we have had. The service was excellent with smiles and courteousness. The price of course is just a fraction of those we have had in fancy and renowned Japanese restaurant.

1  Thank thaigourmet
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Has a early lunch here yesterday and it was probably the best sushi I have ever ate. They are English friendly and you pick between 4 plates of sushi. Each one has 5 pieces and cost about 1000 yen per plate. They have a brush you can use to brush soy sauce on to your sushi too. Get the miso soup, it is excellent.

I had one of every plate and they were all excellent. Its about 10 minute walk from the nearest subway line in the fish market, to the left of the big clock.

1  Thank aregma
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I tried sushi at the Tokyo fish market, which did not disappoint. I wanted to do the same at the Osaka fish market and came across Endo. The sushi definitely can't stack up to those at the Tokyo fish market, but it doesn't disappoint. It's still great quality.