“good deal!”

Price range: US$7 - US$9
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 February 2014

my first meal in the city! And they made a nice welcome. Love the food, enough serving. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

A good range of reasonably-priced Chinese dishes served with attentive Japanese service and Japanese rice. I'm deeply humbled, to say the least. Will patronize again! (I was at the branch directly opposite Swissotel. -- I do notice they have a few branches just in the Namba area.)

The pork buns (butamans) are just so-so.

We ordered gyozas, sweet and sour pork set with deep fried battered prawns and stir fried vegetables, fried rice set with beef and veg and noodle dishes.

It did look a bit of a tourist trap so I hadn't bothered to patronize it on my so many previous trips to Osaka. Turned out to be ok! I only discovered it before I was due to leave for the airport, else I might have tried more dishes.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

When in Osaka, we decided to try one of their Nikuman and yes it was delicious we enjoyed it very much but probably one try is enough for a visitor, in my humble opinion. It's not expensive, it's a good snack indeed when you want something small and 551 Horai is only in Kansai, especially Osaka so worth a try. That said, you can get Nikuman at any convenient store for 100-200 yen all over Japan and they are equally tasty so one try is enough.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Do you like dumplings???? Then you have to visit and try 551 Horai! I try to eat something from here at least every month! True the line can be long sometimes but its well worth a short wait for a tasty snack!

Reviewed 9 May 2013

If you're into dumplings and other Chinese delicacies, i suggest to give this place a try. we visited the place at least 5 times and every time the line was at least 6 deep. The locals love their gyoza.