“Simply the best”

The St. Regis Osaka
Ranked #3 of 339 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Reviewed 24 November 2013

St Regis is one of the top hotels I have stayed in.
Very central location . You walk out of the site door of the hotel and there it starts the longest shopping street in the world -2.7 km which is covered with glass roof ,so you won't get wet ,when is raining. They sell from Japanese lingerie to good quality bed covers , fast food ,sweets, shoes, kimono. this is an interesting place to walk but keep in mind that ,it's not high class market with famous brands ( all top brands are just on the parallel road ) The street ends in the district with all type of restaurants coffee shops and bars .
Next is the design of the room which is just amazing . The colours are in beige and dark green . All the materials used are of top quality. They are many types of light in the room so you can create moods .
The bed is big and soft . No need to mention that everything in the room is automatically operated .
I ordered room service . The food came quickly and it was delicious .
The value of the hotel is very good for what you get

• Stayed: October 2013
alain_03198, General Manager at The St. Regis Osaka, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Melina B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your feedback on Tripadvisor following your last here at the St. Regis Osaka.

It is is much appreciated. I am pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay and that shopping was great.

Once again, I thank you for your kind words and do look forward to welcoming you back soon at the St. Regis Osaka.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Just stayed 4 nights as part of a 14 day trip to Japan. This is definitely the right choice if you are looking for a modern 5* in a great location. Same building as subway and lots of nice restaurants close by. Rooms are large but majority of standard rooms are 2 doubles/queens. Don't let this put you off as they will push them together and you don't even notice the join... Essentially giving you a massive bed. The place to stay in Osaka.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear loveluxury1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comment on Tripadvisor following your last here at the St. Regis Osaka. This is much appreciated.

I am pleased to read that you had a lovely stay and the team and I do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest regards.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Stay for 4 nights in October.
Room is quite big and the bed is very comfortable.Nice view.
The trip was a birthday celebration for my wife and the hotel gave us a birthday cake and complimentary wifi which was very appreciated.
The butler service was excellent and we ask for coffee & tea every night.
The hotel is located directly above Hommachi station and you can actually walk to shinsabashi.
There was once i was approaching the hotel carrying a lot of shopping bags, the doorman saw me & he ran towards me and offer to carry my bags!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank gim1977
alain_03198, General Manager at The St. Regis Osaka, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear Gim1977,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comment and detailed feedback on Tripadvisor following your last stay with us.

It is much appreciated and this will inspire us to continue to excel in our service delivery. I’ve taken the liberty to convey your kind compliments to the hotel team.

Once again, I thank you very much for your kind words and do look forward to welcoming you back soon here at the St. Regis Osaka.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

My husband and I loved the St Regis in Florence, and he just stayed at the Rome St Regis, which he said was swell, so I had high expectations of the St Regis Osaka. And I'm happy to report the hotel was everything I imagined and more. Posh, comfortable, everything first-rate - from the private butler who filled our every need, to the sheets and pillows and towels and toiletries, to the Nepresso machine and beautiful teapot, not to mention THE best Toto toilet in Japan! We had a corner room on a high floor., so I had a splendid view of the lights of Osaka from the tub! And from the bedroom another sweeping view of the city, the lights of airplanes descending way at the distance, the whole spectacle sparkling and dramatic. I really loved my stay here and give the hotel my highest recommendation.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Robin G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comment on Tripadvisor following your last stay at The St. Regis Osaka. It is much appreciated.

Your compliment is much appreciated and has been conveyed to the team. We are delighted that you have an enjoyable stay in one of our beautiful Skyline (corner) Deluxe room.

Once again, I thank very much for your kind word. As a loyal customer of our St. Regis brand, the team and I do look forward to welcoming you and your husband back soon here at the St. Regis Osaka.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed at St Regis in October and it was the first time we had booked a St Regis. It was a bit of a treat as we only had one night in Osaka. We booked a grand deluxe room for a very reasonable tariff considering the hotel. The view from the room was fabulous. From the moment of booking in, being welcomed by the butler with a refreshing drink through to our nightcap drinks in the lounge we were treated like royalty. If we find ourselves back in Osaka this would certainly be our first choice. It also has given us a taste of the St Regis style and if affordable we will certainly look for other opportunities to stay at other St Regis'.

Room Tip: A grand deluxe room provided great views
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
alain_03198, General Manager at The St. Regis Osaka, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear JbacMelbourne,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comment on Tripadvisor following your first stay with us and at a St. Regis.

Your feedback and praise is much appreciated by our associates. I am personally delighted that you enjoyed your first experience with our butler service which is central to the heritage of St. Regis.

Once again, I thank you for your kind words and looking forward to welcoming you back soon at the St. Regis Osaka.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

This was my second time staying at the St. Regis in Osaka! I returned because the rooms are beautifully decorated, well maintained, and quite big for Japan. I love the bathroom- full size bathtub, shower, and also a nice size. The hotel restaurant serves delicious Italian food and an excellent breakfast buffet in the mornings. Upon arrival I was given a beverage and delicious cookie- a nice touch! My only complaint is that I do not find their staff particularly warm or friendly. Even though this is a luxury hotel, I appreciate friendly service and concierges that takes the time to really help you out. The hotel is only a 10 minute walk to the train station!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear hibariSanFranscisco,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your detailed feedback on Tripadvisor following your second stay with us.

Your comment is much appreciated and helps us to strengthen our service delivery. I am pleased to read that you overall enjoyed very well your stay with us and take note of your recommendation.

Thank you again for your kind words and looking forward to welcoming you back soon at the St. Regis Osaka.

Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

The newest high end hotel in Osaka, and a worthy contribution to the St. Regis brand. The lobby is on the 12th floor, and has an excellent bar and rooftop Zen Garden. Rooms are good sized for Japan, and very comfortable. The service I experienced was top notch. A welcome home away from home for a non-Japanese speaking westerner. Also, directly above a subway station, which makes up for the not perfect location.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael F
St.RegisOsaka, Manager at The St. Regis Osaka, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Michael F
Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay with us.

It is really pleasing and motivating for us to receive such compliment from our valued guests and we are glad that you are satisfied with every effort that we make here at The St. Regis Osaka

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at The St. Regis Osaka and we look forward to welcoming you back to your address in Osaka
With best regards,