“Great location”

Fraser Residence Nankai Osaka
Ranked #4 of 354 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed for a week in 1-bedroom suites with my family. The location was great; the breakfast was so-so, could be better; the wi-fi in the room was ok, just a bit weird about wi-fi provide for the whole building except the ground floor (lobby)... it's actually very inconvenience, we had 2 rooms, we always had our meet up point in the lobby, you just couldn't access the wifi to search for the map/transit information when the group of people met and changed their mind of where to go next...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cakeandfamily
Write a ReviewReviews (1,025)

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Executive room is a bit small but location and service was superb.

Highly recommended for families on tour but breakfast needs to be improved. Other than that, everything is perfect.

Right in front of Namba Nankai. Very convenient!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed 5 nights in a 1-bedroom suite.

Impressed by the following during my stay:
- Excellent hotel location in the heart of Namba, Osaka - the subway station is just 5 minutes walk from the hotel. However, the JR train station is slightly further, around 10 minutes away (a pleasant stroll during early spring). There are numerous shopping malls and eateries around the hotel. Dotonbori, Amerikamura, Shinsaibashi and Kuromon Ichiba are all within walking distance from the hotel.

- Excellent hospitality shown by the all hotel staff - Hotel staff are always ready to assist, polite, cheerful and most importantly, speaks good English. The assistant sales manager even emailed directions from Kansai airport to the hotel few days before my trip to Osaka. We flew in to Osaka early in the morning and was at the hotel around 9am, the hotel staff showed us to the guest lounge where we were able to freshen up before continuing our journey to Kyoto. She was even attentive enough to pass me a package which I was expecting even before I had the chance to enquire about it. By the time we got back from Kyoto in the evening, our luggages are all in the room, was glad that we didn't have to go through the whole checking in process again.

- Well-equipped room - we have washer/dryer (you can buy detergent from front desk), tv + dvd player + music player, microwave, air purifier in our room. The washer is especially helpful for travelers on long trips. The bed is huge and comfortable, a great place to rest after a full day of sight-seeing/shopping.

However, there are certain things that needed improvements on:
- Tea bags and coffee wasn't replenished by housekeeping during my stay in the hotel. We had to call up reception to ask for green tea and coffee almost on a daily basis. Nevertheless, they are usually quite apologetic and prompt in responding to our request.

- Breakfast provided by the hotel is not as great compared to other eateries around the hotel. Breakfast is a very simple Japanese or western breakfast set, and it is the same menu throughout my stay. I am sure the hotel will be able to come out with more variety and tastier food for the guests.

Overall, we are extremely satisfied with our stay in Fraser Residence Hotel. Will definitely consider staying in this hotel if we ever travel to Osaka again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hkeng
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My first stay in Fraser Residence, and we have an excellent time.

I had a 1bedroom suite with king size bed, love the spaciousness, the cleanness in the room. I had a gd view that faces part of Namba City and Namba Park. Although there was a little hipcups in my room where my room was ready much later after 4pm instead but the staff were very polite and apologetic.

Fully facilitate room, and the one thing that we loved with the washer cum dryer! It was nice to find a washer do some laundry for a long trip. You can purchase the detergent from the reception or you could get from any shop round the corner in Namba. There was well equipped kitchen. It was very thoughtful to find air purifier in the room, and a walk-in wardrobe. It was a cosy place where I feel @ home.

For people who are keen to visit the Osaka Aquarium KAIYUKAN, do check out the reception for more details, as they sell the Aquarium pass that comes with a single day pass for subway (gd deal). So it will be gd plan out your plan for the day fully utilize the subway pass

Nothing to complain about the location, right next to Namba station where you can find lots of places to visit. Location was simply awesome

Do ask the reception for advise for places to visit, and how to travel around. It was a pity that I could not recall the name of the staff now, but I sure did write a an excellent feedback for her excellent service when I remembered her name when I was staying there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Regina L
Reviewed 6 April 2014

A great apartment with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an open kitchen/living-room solution. The kitchen was well equipped with cooking pans, plates, glasses and cutlery. It also contained a hot water pot, a microwave oven, a stove, coffee maker (tea bags, instant coffee and coffee pods were supplied free of charge), dish washer and a combined washer/dryer. The bathrooms had advanced heated toilets with bidet functions, etc. The apartment came with a binder with manuals for all equipment in english and japanese.

The location was perfect, close to shopping and public transportation in the bustling Namba area.

The staff was friendly and professional. We made our enquiry by email and received a booking confirmation the next day, along with description how to take the train from Kensai International Airport to Fraser Residence. Payment was made on check-in.

Highly recommended!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Trond B
Reviewed 4 April 2014

My second time staying at Fraser Residence, still very satisfied and impressed with their service, location, the cleanliness and spaciousness of the room (me and my friend were staying at the 1 bedroom apartment). Very, very close to Namba Nankai station, go out from the south exit of the station, go out to the Namba Park area and there will be elevator going to ground floor level, turn left and walk across the street with traffic light and you will see Fraser residence behind the 130 Yen okonomiyaki shop. It only took us 5 minutes from the station to the hotel!!! Room is so spacious and clean. During my last stay in June 2013, the toiletries were not replenished everyday but this time they replenished the toiletries every day! Hotel staff were pleasant and polite, they even helped me with restaurant reservation, we are very thankful of that. On our departure day, we had to check out earlier to catch a morning flight, was trying to ask whether we could have breakfast earlier than 7am (the restaurant at ground floor of the hotel only opens at 7am), hotel staff helped us to arrange and we managed to have our breakfast at 6:45am, very thankful of their great service. Will stay there again when I go to Osaka.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alytan
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Close to train station and such a change to have a large apartment after the typical small roomed hotels in Japan.
We'll positioned for transport and shopping.
Comfy bed, friendly staff, very clean. Fantastic!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple