Fraser Residence Nankai Osaka
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$372
US$110
US$76
Rakuten Travel
  • Restaurant
RIHGA Royal Hotel Osaka(Osaka)
US$150
US$89
Agoda.com
1,045 results
All reviewswasher dryerone bedroom apartmentserviced apartmentnamba stationippudo ramenliving roomspanish restaurantkansai airportmini kitchencable tvguest loungesmall kitchenettewalk in wardrobedvd playerexcellent locationhome away from homewalking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I had two nights at Fraser Residence Nankai Osaka. Check in was very easy and quick despite other guests arriving at the same time. The staff were excellent and couldn’t have been more helpful. I was given a twin room although I’d booked a double but the bed size was very good so it didn’t really matter that much. The bed was large and very comfy and the bathroom was spacious as well. There is a combined washing machine/drier in the room which was also good. They have also supplied instructions for all the appliances in both English and Japanese which makes things a lot easier.

Breakfast was included with the booking; it was nice but very simple. It is in the café next to the hotel on the ground floor and you get to choose from one of three options; a very simple cooked breakfast, cereal or a Japanese option. To be honest, this was the only real disappointment with the hotel and given the price per night I expected a lot more.

It is very easy to get ot the hotel from Shin Osaka train station. Take the Midosuji (Red) subway line to Namba staion (M10) and use exit 5 to reach street level. Keep going down the street in the same direction as you exit the escalator and you will see a McDonalds ahead of you under a fly over at a large intersection. Make a 90 deg turn at this intersection (with Mc Donalds now on your left hand side) and look up. It is only 5 mins from Namba station.

The hotel is in a great area with Dotombori and a number of other attractions only ten minutes away by foot. Overall, the hotel was great but I was very disappointed with the breakfast menu given the hotel room price. I stayed in other hotels in Japan which were a lot cheaper but had better faciliites. Otherwise highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank NX622
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed for a week in 1-bedroom suites with my family. The location was great; the breakfast was so-so, could be better; the wi-fi in the room was ok, just a bit weird about wi-fi provide for the whole building except the ground floor (lobby)... it's actually very inconvenience, we had 2 rooms, we always had our meet up point in the lobby, you just couldn't access the wifi to search for the map/transit information when the group of people met and changed their mind of where to go next...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cakeandfamily
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Executive room is a bit small but location and service was superb.

Highly recommended for families on tour but breakfast needs to be improved. Other than that, everything is perfect.

Right in front of Namba Nankai. Very convenient!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed 5 nights in a 1-bedroom suite.

Impressed by the following during my stay:
- Excellent hotel location in the heart of Namba, Osaka - the subway station is just 5 minutes walk from the hotel. However, the JR train station is slightly further, around 10 minutes away (a pleasant stroll during early spring). There are numerous shopping malls and eateries around the hotel. Dotonbori, Amerikamura, Shinsaibashi and Kuromon Ichiba are all within walking distance from the hotel.

- Excellent hospitality shown by the all hotel staff - Hotel staff are always ready to assist, polite, cheerful and most importantly, speaks good English. The assistant sales manager even emailed directions from Kansai airport to the hotel few days before my trip to Osaka. We flew in to Osaka early in the morning and was at the hotel around 9am, the hotel staff showed us to the guest lounge where we were able to freshen up before continuing our journey to Kyoto. She was even attentive enough to pass me a package which I was expecting even before I had the chance to enquire about it. By the time we got back from Kyoto in the evening, our luggages are all in the room, was glad that we didn't have to go through the whole checking in process again.

- Well-equipped room - we have washer/dryer (you can buy detergent from front desk), tv + dvd player + music player, microwave, air purifier in our room. The washer is especially helpful for travelers on long trips. The bed is huge and comfortable, a great place to rest after a full day of sight-seeing/shopping.

However, there are certain things that needed improvements on:
- Tea bags and coffee wasn't replenished by housekeeping during my stay in the hotel. We had to call up reception to ask for green tea and coffee almost on a daily basis. Nevertheless, they are usually quite apologetic and prompt in responding to our request.

- Breakfast provided by the hotel is not as great compared to other eateries around the hotel. Breakfast is a very simple Japanese or western breakfast set, and it is the same menu throughout my stay. I am sure the hotel will be able to come out with more variety and tastier food for the guests.

Overall, we are extremely satisfied with our stay in Fraser Residence Hotel. Will definitely consider staying in this hotel if we ever travel to Osaka again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hkeng
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My first stay in Fraser Residence, and we have an excellent time.

I had a 1bedroom suite with king size bed, love the spaciousness, the cleanness in the room. I had a gd view that faces part of Namba City and Namba Park. Although there was a little hipcups in my room where my room was ready much later after 4pm instead but the staff were very polite and apologetic.

Fully facilitate room, and the one thing that we loved with the washer cum dryer! It was nice to find a washer do some laundry for a long trip. You can purchase the detergent from the reception or you could get from any shop round the corner in Namba. There was well equipped kitchen. It was very thoughtful to find air purifier in the room, and a walk-in wardrobe. It was a cosy place where I feel @ home.

For people who are keen to visit the Osaka Aquarium KAIYUKAN, do check out the reception for more details, as they sell the Aquarium pass that comes with a single day pass for subway (gd deal). So it will be gd plan out your plan for the day fully utilize the subway pass

Nothing to complain about the location, right next to Namba station where you can find lots of places to visit. Location was simply awesome

Do ask the reception for advise for places to visit, and how to travel around. It was a pity that I could not recall the name of the staff now, but I sure did write a an excellent feedback for her excellent service when I remembered her name when I was staying there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple